Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Height: 5' 4"

Default Failure..

It's been a year and I didn't lose anymore weight.. I go between 122-125 for the last year.. I'm so mad at myself for not keeping up with my diet.. What did you guys do to lose the last 10 pounds?? I need motivation and support..
dietnlose? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Sometimes you need to drop your calories and increase your exercise to get the last few pounds off.

Can you tell us what you've been eating and doing for exercise so that we can offer more specific suggestions?

But don't beat yourself up or consider it failure! You've lost a bunch of weight AND kept it off. That alone is a major success! Even if you never ever reach your goal weight, you're better off than you were when you first started out at your high weight.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

How tall are you?? How fit are you?? Maybe you don't really need to lose 10 pounds but tone up??? I tell my daughter that all the time. She is about 5'5" and is weighing about 120-125. I tell her she just needs to work out, not diet. Don't mean to belittle your wanting to lose that last ten. I am 5'6" and would like to get to 120 but if i tone up at 125-130...i guess i should be pretty happy. I am 35 for goodness sake...not going to look like a teenager again. lol

ps...you are NOT a failure. For heavens sake...you lost 40 pounds. That is great. I lost 40 pounds and i am not a failure. I just have a little more to lose (especially in the gut and thighs!!!)
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I'm going to echo the others - congrats on losing and keeping off 40lbs. That is a huge accomplishment, and you should be very proud of it.

You may want to think about changing your goal now from weight to another measurement, like inches, body fat percentage, or your ability to lift a certain amount or run a certain distance.

Otherwise, think back to what changes you made when you first started losing weight - are you still living those changes, or have some of them dropped away? The overall changes (more exercise, healthier food choices/portions) should stay, but not become stagnant. For example, if you ride your bike for exercise, maybe try switching it up to running or swimming for a while to give your body a new challenge.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #5  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

When I read about your 40 pound loss, I see "success" not "failure!"

Back in my 20's, I was a bit overweight, but dieted and got down to 146, the lowest I've ever been in my adult life. The charts said I needed to weigh 136- but people were telling me I looked gaunt at 146 and to gain a couple of pounds!

Maybe your body is where it needs to be?

As others said, it would help to see what you're eating and exercise habits are, but honestly- stop thinking of yourself as a failure! You have success written all over you- be proud of yourself!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Oh don't take me wrong.. I'm proud to lose 40 pounds, but i'm really angry that I couldn't even lose 5 pounds in a whole year..
I'm 5.4 3/4
My BMI is : 21.3

I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day. I don't exercise too often , but I'm planing to start this week since I have more time ...

Hopefully by the end of the summer I can weigh between 116-118 lbs.
dietnlose? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I've posted it many times, but it took me 7 months to go from 200 to 140 and then 9 months to go from 140 to 127. Those last 10 lbs were slooowww for me. But - I was so happy with my body at 140, I enjoyed clothes, shopping, etc. I was very unhappy at first because I couldn't seem to get to my original goal weight of 135, but I finally had to tell myself HEY you look GREAT you did SO GOOD and then I started shopping and buying cute clothes and it really wasn't too traumatic as the weight slowly went down. I really didn't even try, it was a pleasant surprise
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

I dunno here. But every weight chart I've ever seen, you should be on target weight now. Losing more would put you underweight I would think.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

I'm in almost exactly the same boat as you. I got down to my goal 5 years ago, but about 3 years ago I started a yo-yo with 15 pounds of it. I went through a (long) period where I was mad at myself too. I made a lot of half-hearted attempts to get back down but of course they didn't work.

Now I'm completely recommitted. I still have my bad days, but I just have a better mindset. The scale is not doing what I want it to, but I'm back to measuring my food, tracking every calorie, and increasing my activity. It's just the only way. I know eventually that scale will move and I'll be back in my skinny clothes again!
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote