Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 3"

Question A Wacky New Diet

Last edited by GingerA; 03-03-2008 at 07:03 PM.
GingerA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey GingerA,

I haven't heard of that program, but in my opinion, it's not a good choice simply because it is so extreme. That's the way with many of the quick-loss gimmicks.

Part of the challenge of losing weight is to do so in a healthy way, and a way that can lead to long-term success. Lots and lots of people can lose weight in the short term. Keeping the weight off is the hard part, and quick-loss solutions where one eats radical combinations of foods don't really address that.

3FC has reviews of a number of weight loss programs. Go to the main page and look under the Diets and Resources tabs.

Also, for those who don't know, 3FC has calorie listings for over 7,000 foods--go to the main page.

Good luck, Ginger! I hope you can find a program that suits you!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #3  

TY, Jay. Big congrats on reaching goal.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #4  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

I've heard of this... it's called starvation lol.
So........ you have accounted for your food intake for 4 days of the week. What are you supposed to do for the other 3 days? You say you want to follow this for a couple of weeks? Oh myyy
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be critical, but no freakin' way!!!! Not only is it not healthy- but I know if I tried something like this (as I have in the past), I'd be doing nothing but setting myself up for failure. Your body WILL rebel!

Good luck on whatever you choose to do GingerA. We'll all be rootin' for you Just keep it safe and keep it sane.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I've definitely heard of this.. STARVATION.. lol.

You lose weight because you're basically starving yourself. Yes, fruit has some calories, but it also has a ton of water. Anyone can lose a bunch of weight by eating a few hundred calories and a lot of water. But it will come right back when you start eating like a human being.. so it's probably best to start out that way. It's just not a healthy way to do things, just a 'fad'.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:54 AM   #6  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

This, (like all other diets that claim a certain combination of foods will have some special effect) is not a good idea and, as has been stated, works only because of calorie restriction...but be warned! It wouldn't work for long, once your metabolism catches on to whats going on or your forced starvation pushes you into an eating frenzy!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Yep, you're depriving your body of nutrients it needs. There is no special formula combination of foods - you're losing weight because you're not eating enough calories. I don't mean to be harsh, but you're probably going to gain most of it back if you follow such an extreme regimen.

A lot of commercialized diet plans have a strict beginning that usually lasts two weeks. Atkins and South Beach have you cut out carbs for the first two weeks, in order to speed up weight loss and get rid of "carb cravings". The hitch is that you need to continue following the plan of re-introducing carbs back into your diet, or your weight loss may be unsuccessful. The Fat Smash Diet has you start out on a detox phase, where you eat fruits, veggies, beans, tofu, no meat, and no sugar. This lasts ten days. In all of these beginning phases, people usually lose between 5 and 12 pounds.

If you want to lose a small amount of weight, I've heard the Extreme Fat Smash Diet will do the trick. I don't personally endorse the FSD; it was the first diet that I tried, and I failed at it - IT DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT - there's a difference. The people on Celebrity Fit Club follow that diet and get great results ...and there's an entire board on this forum dedicated to it.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #8  

Have you talked to YOUR doctor about this? Typically starving yourself is less than safe. I know losing weight the old fashion way is a slow and tedious process, but it sticks. And it's worth it. Those fast-acting starvation "diets" aren't meant to keep weight off. As soon as you start eating again, you're going to gain it back. So why not talk to your doctor, and try keeping your calories at a healthy weight-loss standard, and working a bit of exercise in there?
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #9  

Default Thanks to all

Yes, I am going to my own doctor in a week. I've been reading about fat smashers & want to look into that. Thanks to all who replied.