Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Do you find yourself always looking for more compliments??

I just can't seem to get enough of them. I know...that must be so sad. But it makes me feel so good when someone new in the office finally mentions my weight loss. I work in a radio station and finally, one of the male dj's finally mentioned that i was looking really good. He asked how much i had lost and when i told him 42 pounds, he was like, wow...keep up the good work. Yesterday another dj i had a crush on 2 years ago was walking behind me (and i was wearing my new "butt fitting" size 8 dress pants, and he called me "skinny mini". The poor girls in the office must be getting sick of hearing how much i weigh, what size i fit into now, how much i've excersized, and what i ate last night for dinner. But i am sooooo focused and excited, i can't stop talking about it.

Anyone else going thru either of these scenarios????
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

YES YES YES!

Before starting my weight loss, I couldn't stop talking about how FAT I thought I was and how much it SUCKED that I used to be THIN. I made a point of letting everyone know, "I used to be thin once!!" and then I'd start getting drunk and ranting about society's beauty standards. Sure, I made then laugh, but I know deep down they must have thought I had some serious issues

Now... well... I TRY not to talk about my weight TOO much, as I KNOW it annoys people, but you're right, when you're dedicated to something as much as we all are to losing weight, it's hard NOT to talk about it! A few people at work noticed that I was losing weight, and it made me so happy... AND... one of the only good looking guys at my job keeps checking me out and smiling at me. It's rather surprising (he's HOT and has a GREAT body), but nice. A bunch of guys at work the other day called me hot and I was absolutely floored.

I'm a Leo; I live for compliments... especially since I'm still overweight... it's nice to know people look at me and see much more than just a fat person
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm a hairdresser and it's almost embrassesing how much everyone mentions how great I look, I must of really looked like crap before. The gal I work with has never mentioned it. I think she's a little jealous, but she's not over weight. I hear her customers mention it also. And she's like , yeah she's lost 60-65# hope she can keep it off. I hope I can too.
christabell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I don't really like it when people notice my weight loss... it makes me feel like I'm now obligated to continue losing weight, and they're going to be paying attention at how fast I lose it, etc. The added pressure isn't motivating for me at all.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:23 PM   #5  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 245/230.8/135

Height: 5'4"

I agree Melissa - though sometimes it's nice to hear that people can see your losing weight, thats not at all what it's about. Your doing it for yourself and too much noise from other people really can be overwhelming. I enjoy hearing the compliments from my husband, but that's it. So many people are jealous and will go out of their to sabotage you, it's awful - and from what I've seen it's usually those closet to you that can't accept your changing.

Congrats to everyone on their losses we're really doing it!

C.
MissyCrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

I'm on the "no thanks" to the compliments train. Sometimes they can go a little over the top to the point where you do start thinking "Man, I must have really looked terrible before." I will always be a fat girl on the inside and she can't help but be a little offended.
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Now that I've been roughly the same weight since November, the compliments from people I see daily have really slowed. Too bad, because I do really enjoy them. Now I think about seeing people I haven't seen in years and how they will react!

So yes, I want more, but I also did this for me and I'm really thrilled, regardless of what anyone else says...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #8  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Hm, I'm not looking for more compliments (although I like receiving some), but I sure need to make sure I don't blab about weight loss and all that stuff too much, unless people ask me about it. I'm afraid I might sound like a broken record at times, and one day my friends will really be tired of this.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #9  
hara hachi bu

I wrote all the compliments down as they came in. When I felt I needed a boost, I would review the list.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

I'm definitely looking for some compliments! I've found myself telling everyone I know "Hey! I've lost 7 pounds and met my first goal!" just so I can get a boost from a "Great job!" And about once a week I have to show my husband a new muscle I've found popping up or a pair of shorts I can fit into again.
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yes. And like wyellen, they have stopped coming as I have stopped losing.

Also, I recently got a new haircut (which I hate) and no one compliments me on that either. My last hair cut, I would have strangers come up and tell me how cute my cut was. Gotta get back to that old style AND lose some weight!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #12  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I didn't tell anyone except my closest friends and my two sisters about my current weight loss efforts. And I don't talk about it now, unless someone notices. I guess I'm unusual, but I just saw this as something I was doing for me, and no one else had to be involved except my closest people. So, no, I'm not really looking for more compliments! My own satisfaction is enough. Oh, except that I'm going to blow my doctor's mind the next time I go.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #13  
I restore Teeth.

I never get compliments because people know I probably already know that I look good. (Jeez that makes me sound so vain and self-centered )
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielover View Post
I never get compliments because people know I probably already know that I look good. (Jeez that makes me sound so vain and self-centered )
That's funny. If i weighed 110 I probably wouldn't need anyone else to compliment me either. I'd know i was hot too!! Matter of fact, i tell the girls here at the office, once i reach goal, they won't be able to stand me. They all have noticed how much more confidence i have in my appearance and i'm only about half way to goal now.

ahhhh jay....i can't help but talk about my weight loss. I am just such an open, talkative person, it just comes out. There are actually alot of things about myself that i wish i could keep private, but i just have that ever-so trusting personality that i tell everyone everything. I share way to much of my self to people. sometimes i get hurt by that, but i can't seem to change it. Maybe once i hit my weightloss goals, i should start practicing keeping my mouth shut!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh yes, I LOVE it! and yes, there are people who are sick of hearing about it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote