Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2007, 08:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I have a goal weight, but no set date for it. I just want it to happen. I joined the Labor Day Challenge thread and challenged myself to get rid of ALL my weight by Labor Day, but I don't know how reasonable that is... and if I don't, it's no big deal at all. I DO have a mini goal in a specific time frame - you can see it on my sig - I want to weigh 155 by my birthday, because it would be nice to no longer be overweight. Plus, I'll be 21, and I'm going to be SO excited to legally drink and buy my own booze... I don't want to feel guilty about drinking on my 21st birthday because of all the calories it may have! I want to enjoy myself... plus, I'm planning a beach vacation this summer, so I'd like to not feel TOO self conscious in a bathing suit. I think I'm going to get a tankini because it's cuter than a one-piece but I'm not ready for a bikini yet... no bikinis until I have nice abs.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 AM   #17  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

I have to have a goal because it gives me a sense of direction and I alost see it as the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't have a set date though, I know I would like to be 180 by the 1st of August and I hope I get to that because that means I've lost 10% and I'm flying off to Morocco and my wedding is there on the 3rd... so I want to be happy that i've thrown away 10% of my weight by then. If I don't make it... I wont be heart broken because... well... I've still lost more than i ever thought i could!!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #18  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Ah, yes, I think we all need a goal in terms of weight or fitness, if only to keep our sails high and have something precise to look forward to--even if we also have to change that goal later on. I'm not sure how extra-hard it would be if we had to do that blindfolded, not knowing what to aim for...

But still, no deadline for me.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:24 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

I have been trying to decide if I want to set dates. I like smaller goals. Rather than looking at the whole thing at once. I know I want to start by losing 25 pounds. Then I want to lose 25 more. Once I get to 150 I'll see what I want to do. I don't think I'll ever be skinny but I think I might like 150. We'll just have to see how fit my body is at that weight.

I hope to lose it all by next April..my birthday!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote