Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hmm interesting!

I was just checking though the weeks
Week 1 loss: 11
Week 2 loss: 4
Week 3 loss: 5
Week 4 loss: 6
Week 5 loss: 5
Week 6 loss: 8
Week 7 loss: 3
Week 8 loss: 1
Week 9 loss: 6
Week 10 loss: 6
Week 11 loss: 7
Week 12 loss: 117

Everything is totally feasable (if she was on a doctor supervised low calorie diet program and spending the majority her time exercising) until you get to the last week.

With that said my best guess is that the website only allows for 12 weeks because that is how long the television show is. (And I'm guess there was some contractual relationship requiring them to update for that time period). Any updates of weight that they lost since the ending of the 12 week program probable could only be reflected if they changed the results of week 12. Meaning that they could add a week 13, 14, ect.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #32  

Ok, I'm at home now and I found Poppi's MySpace site & blog:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...0-29d7ac86f944

Poppi really is a lovely person and she is the first one to say that it takes hard work and diligence and that there is no magic shortcut in the journey. According to her blog, she went from a size 22 to a size 2 in under 8 months. (BTW, she is 5'2" and 19 years old.)

She ate about 1100 calores daily, broken down into 5-6 meals, with 45% coming from complex carbs & 30% lean protein. She stresses the importance of keeping a food journal too. She also drank protein shakes. She gives a shoutout to her nutritionist Cheryl Forberg and sings her praises.

Her workouts were 2 hours a day of intense/moderate cardio and .5 daily circuit training.

She ends her blog comments with: "There is no magic in the diet/exercise routine. The magic is your mind." She also suggests finding something that will inspire one to keep plugging away.

I hope she maintains her weight loss; she is a terrific girl.

P.S. Trainer BOB has a MySpace page too with some very nice pics!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=64719002
Gladdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #33  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

BabyBrownEyes - did you have ANY bad side effects of such dramatic, fast weight loss? I'm amazed you could stand consuming only 500 calories a day. You never felt sick? I would never have thought it was humanly possible to lose 90lbs in two months - unless you were gravely ill. Wow!

kaplods - good post! I agree with you and am with you on the morbid curiosity part. And I do think one of these days on a so-called "reality" show someone is gonna die - it's all about pushing the limits, shock value, get ratings at any cost and as we grow immune to things, we desensitize and need more extreme behavior to "entertain" us. Sorta sick if ya think about it.

I somehow want to believe that TBL isn't about fat exploitation, and despite it being a TV show, exists truly to teach ppl how to change their lifestyle and lose weight in the process. Eh.

I was actually flipping around this evening and came across TBL on Style network. Rerun? Anyway, watching, I felt guilt and shame but also motivated in a way. Seeing them work so hard (although I admit I was waiting for someone to pass out or break something) made me ask myself if I am working out as hard as I could.

Hey, if it motivates you, good for you, ya know? Whatever works!
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #34  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

If i had my own personal trainer who pushed me to my limit every day, AND told me exactly what to eat and when...i could do it. But frankly, i'm not gonna kill myself running until i drop with 40 pounds strapped to my back.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote