Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2007, 12:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/140/120

Height: 5'8"

Default My personal method (I lost 100Lbs doing this)

Remember, not everything works for everyone, this is just what I found works for me. I've lost 100Lbs, unfortunately I started drinking and got myself a little beer gut. Regained 10Lbs (all in my tummy it seems, lol) but I've quit drinking and I'm going back to this plan to get the rest of my weight off. :P

I just got tired of being seen as "the fat chick" in every group. I'd always wanted to be skinny. It was really odd, one day I woke up in diet mode, lol.

For me, the trick to sticking to it was to get into a routine. I'd excersize every night, without letting things deter me from it. If a friend wanted me to spend the night I would politely decline since I knew I wouldn't work out if I did. Smaller portions was the key factor in all of it.

1. Working out
2. Smaller portions
3. Diet Sodas

I started watching my calories very carefully. If I was hungry between meals I would gorge myself on low calorie chicken broth. It was hot, tasty, filling, and not devestating to my diet. :P

Basicially it came down to me realizing that I wasn't happy with my body, and I was the only one who could change it.

I hope this can help someone. ^_^

- Trizma
Trizma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:25 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Trizma!

Good for you for losing those pounds!

Do you mean that drinking diet sodas helped, I assume as a substitute for full-sugar sodas? I sometimes drink diet soda, but I dilute it at least half with sparkling water. I've gotten so I like it not so strong.

Sounds like calorie counting combined with portion control plus exercise was the key! That's a great plan--and obviously it worked for you.

Cheers!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Hey!! Congrats on the weight loss!! That is great! I wish i could excersize every night but it takes all i got to get to the gym 3 nights a week. but i do agree. Diet sodas are better than regular sodas and good ol fashion portion control and excersize are a great way to go. Welcome and congrats and good luck on losing that 10 pounds!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

congrats... I can't wait till i've lost 100! i'm halfway there!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/140/120

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumifan4ever View Post
Hey!! Congrats on the weight loss!! That is great! I wish i could excersize every night but it takes all i got to get to the gym 3 nights a week. but i do agree. Diet sodas are better than regular sodas and good ol fashion portion control and excersize are a great way to go. Welcome and congrats and good luck on losing that 10 pounds!!!
Honestly? I've never set foot in a gym in my life. All of my excersizing was done at home in my bedroom. :P

Trizma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Ever since I was a kid (9 or so), all I drank was diet sodas and I actually had a major soda addiction. During my last couple years of college, I went to regular coke but then quit after college. I probably gained 15 lbs in those couple years. Anyway, I was a major diet soda addict. I gave up sodas entirely a couple years ago though but recently for my last class of my masters degree, I did drink diet sodas again for about a month

I agree with exercise, portion control and counting calories. Portion control has helped me a lot. When I lost my first 70 lbs or so, I didn't really have to worry about portion control. All I had to worry about was eating better, but then I realized that I had to implement some form of portion control into my life or else I'd never lose the rest. I try to exercise every day as well although for the past week, I got myself into a funk and I've only exercised about 4 times in the past week.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I wish I knew real and true portion control. Maybe I do. But for ME, that means counting or at least "estimating" calories. If I'm not ALWAYS aware of that, then my portion control flies out the window.

Trizma, I exercise 7 days a week. Never stepped foot in a gym either.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Chicken broth? Doesn't sound good... do you mean chicken soup? I read in a diet book that drinking soup is helpful. I like to pig out and when I get to craving foods I'm trying to figure out some ideas.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:56 PM   #9  
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

What do you guys do for exercise at home? I can't fit any equipment into our one bedroom apartment so my option is the 1980s treadmill in the fitness center. ~_~
cupcakesundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #10  

cupcakesundae:

When I worked out at home I bought exercise videos and DVDs off secondhand lower priced websites. Because they were cheaper, I just bought more when I got tired of them, and donated the old ones to Goodwill. I tried to aim for exercise programs that confined movement to a small area, like yoga, since I was in a one-bedroom too. I found that I could always find enough floor space for yoga.

My particular favorite DVD that never got old was one where you could program your own workout from a list of options, so it was never the same. I don't think I can put the name here, but it was a yoga DVD.

When I didn't have TV, I turned on the radio and danced like a fool! Just moved around, worked up a sweat. I used weights and just tried to keep going for an hour or so. It sounds weird, but it worked and it was fun.
luey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakesundae View Post
What do you guys do for exercise at home? I can't fit any equipment into our one bedroom apartment so my option is the 1980s treadmill in the fitness center. ~_~
Well first of all, I walk - outdoors, 2X a day. As for what I do at home - I do strength training using resistance bands. I do aerobics by dancing, adding in intervals of running in place. I do sit ups, stretching and the occasional Fitness DVD, but not so much since the weather permits me to get in my 2X a day of walking.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #12  
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

Those sound like some options. I have the Carmen Electra DVD set and I hate it, lol. It doesn't even feel like it does crap for cardio. Dancing sounds fun. ^_^
cupcakesundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #13  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luey View Post
When I didn't have TV, I turned on the radio and danced like a fool! Just moved around, worked up a sweat. I used weights and just tried to keep going for an hour or so. It sounds weird, but it worked and it was fun.
Doesn't sound weird to me. That's exactly what I do! I don't go to a gym either. But I have room in my house, so I've also done indoor walking and jogging (sometimes with wrist weights, sometimes without), stability ball, a couple other items I got from Leslie Sansone's line (stretchie, resistance loop). Downstairs in my basement I have the Total Body Trainer by Jake which was for hanging clothes for a long time but now I actually use it. And I just got an inflatable punching bag which I keep down there as well. That baby is a lot of fun!
I have DVDs and tapes, too, but I find it more enjoyable to just put on some music or my mp3 player and just do my own thing. I use them for ideas rather than do it with them straight through because I don't want to stand in front of the tv the whole time.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 AM   #14  

Welcome Trizma!

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of exercising plan did you do?
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:17 AM   #15  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Trizma! Congrats on your weight loss!

You're doing GREAT!!! Truly, an inspiration! Keep up the good work!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote