Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Angry Stupid stores!! I'm peeved!!!

So I went shopping today to get some sports bras...first I went to Lane Bryant, and they either had sizes too big or too small!!!

Then I went to Target....NO LUCK....then I finally found SOMETHING at Meijer..not the greatest, but it's at least something.

People keep talking about "Fat America"....others wonder why fat people don't just exercise. ERRRR. Why don't they make lots of fitness clothes for us fat people too?!?! I mean..WE are the ones who REALLY need it. I was getting really upset because when I DID find plus size stuff...there were only two styles...and lets face it..most of these people don't know how to make clothes for plus size people.

Does this anger anyone else?
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:20 PM   #2  
Dieting Diva

I had the same problem. I went to Target and found nothing. We don't have Mejier's. I did go to Walmart a couple weeks later and found one that is for heavy exercise and it fits ok. I also found a couple that were cheapo that I could wear around the house.
I recently read a thread about someone looking for Yoga pants in plus sizes. They were having a trouble finding them.
I agree with your anger.Granted I don't live in town or even close to a larger city- but when you go to Target you expect to see something for a 42 inch chest. I hated fat clothes shopping because unless I went all the way into the Dallas area there was nothing but matronly things to wear.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

Yes! I haven't found a worthwhile "exercise bra" since I was probably a 36C (I'm a 40DDD now). I usually exercise in my regular bras, with a stretchy tank for extra support.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #4  
I DO have a BellyButton!

oh well...*sigh*...I will soon be able to wear normal clothes. It's funny...because my weight makes people think I'm really really big....but I am very large boned....when I'm down to 250...I'm a size 14..which isn't really normal, but hey..I can deal with it!
Old 05-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I always ordered my exercise clothes and bought a few things here and there at target.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #6  
Brittany

S/C/G: 290/Check Tracker/115

Height: 5'5

wow 250 and a size 14 is CRAZY! I'm about 250 and I can't even get one thigh in a 14 lol
I Heart Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:52 PM   #7  

I am 38GG and let me tell you finding bras and sports bras can really do my head in.
beautifulstruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #8  
Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Diet Coke View Post
wow 250 and a size 14 is CRAZY! I'm about 250 and I can't even get one thigh in a 14 lol
It partially depends on the style. I have a pair of 14s I can fit. It is the weirdest thing. I've been plus size 18 since the 260s and I'm starting to fit into misses size 18s now. I've worn size 18 skirts since the 290s though. I don't know my size now because I got tired of skirts for now.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #9  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Diet Coke View Post
I know, right?! lol
Might be also because I have a lot of muscle, expecially when I lift weights..so muscle...and large bone mass...I will be happy when my BMI is where it should be...not necessarily what society thinks I should look like. I want to be a unique individual. As we all should!

I have to say...I am a small cup size..I'm a 42C, so I guess I don't have it that bad when it comes to finding a bra. I guessI could just order some, but I always like to try them on first. Some just don't fit very nicely...then again. Who am I trying to impress?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #10  
Just Me

I used to be a 42B (don't ask me how but I'm a 38C now), I used to just buy size 42 sport bras and they did pretty well on me. Champion are pretty good.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #11  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

sports bras....I hate to say it, but if you NEED support, then any place where you can buy food, dishes, cards and that has a dollar bin isnt where you are going to find it. Sports bras that are cheap are meant for people who need cheap support.

If you have a bountiful pair, then ordering online is about the only way to go. Running stores and sporting goods stores often carry good sports bras but the selection of sizes is limited (although you will have more luck finding a 40 DDD than a 34 DDD or a 40B). Enell, Champion and I hear nike has a new one all carry bras that will support. Good places will take returns if you leave the tags on to try on, although you may get stuck with shipping

I run...there is no greater bounce test than that! I know bras
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #12  
Ready for a better life!

There is a chain store called Catherine's (used to be Catherine's Stout Shoppe---gawd awful!) I got two awesome bras there. Their sizes go into the double letters and into the 50 inches if need be. I got one exercise bra with a front zipper and great support for only about 25 bucks. And a pretty pink one with front closure. They were so nice to me. I must have tried on 20bras cause I didn't know my size anymore! Maybe there's a Catherine's near you?
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:10 PM   #13  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Thanks for the info... I believe there is a Catherines around here and I think I actually have a coupon in my Figures magazine! Awesome! I'll have to check them out. Although....the two I got from Meijer seem to be doing great...they are Champion brand...surprise surprise! They are quite comfy and I could get used to sports bra life.. lol

I will also check out stores online. I would like to have at least 5 on hand so I don't have to do laundry every other day. An hour of exercise twice a day can get one quite drenched. *holds her nose at the thought of it* lol
Old 05-16-2007, 12:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

I would DEFINITELY feel more comfortable at the gym in cute workout clothes, but those are definitely hard to find (and hard to look good in) unless you're a small size. Most things are cut short/tight. Not that I go to the gym to look stylish, but it would definitely boost my self esteem around all of the barbies!
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:06 AM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I just recently bought a few cotton bras at WalMart for cheap--I know they won't last long, but I didn't want to pay $30 each for bras I would shrink out of. And I couldn't wear the old ones any more--too big.

I've gotten a lot of good tips from this thread, though, especially about sports bras. I'll look into Champion brand. I don't like the sports bras that just look like a compression device--I like bras with cups!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote