Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-14-2007, 05:07 AM   #1  
Lydia

S/C/G: 232/172/140

Height: 5ft 7

Default Weight In *Scared*

SO tonight is weigh in night. Im soooo scared cause this week I've been a tad naughty and drunk a bit too much wine and I've had a busy week so I was eating out alot, I have tried to be as good as possible when eating out though (I'm a vegetarian so mcdonalds and burger king dont affect me).

Thing is everyweek I eat or drink something that I know I really shouldn't be and I always manage to lose 2lbs what Im scared of now is that I've taken this for granted and just asume I'll lose half sticking to the plan.

What makes it worse is that my friend always goes with me to class and last week she lost 6lbs! So I feel a tad like crap. I know I shouldnt drink as much, but I'm a student, I have to go out! haha

Any words of support?

Lyd x
jellyfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:11 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey jellyfrogs!

You don't mention what weight loss plan you and your friend are following--so I'm wondering how you track your food.

One useful rule is, "everything counts." So if you go out drinking, you would count every drink's value in your total. Same for foods you "shouldn't" be eating. The reason is that this way, you can see what you're doing easier and stay aware of your choices.

When you go out, try to make better choices about your foods, or decide to eat only part of what you order. Let's say you love Thai food--well, it doesn't take much of those yummy noodle dishes like pad thai to go over the top! So eat only 1/3 of what you're brought and take the rest home.

You could try an experiment--decide ahead of time when you are going out and what you're going to have. I know life isn't always so convenient that you can plan, but try it. You might also decide to have a week when you don't go out at all in the usual way. It's only one week.

Good luck at weigh in! Hang in there!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

It's really hard being a student and trying to lose weight. I also believe that everything counts. When you know you are going to go out partying, try and eat lightly during the day. When drinking, make the same sort of considerations as you would when ordering foods: what drinks are worth the calorie in take. Margaritas, for example, are really high in calories. Personally, my favorite "light" drinks gin and tonic, vodka tonic, and rum and diet coke. Also, you may want to bring healthy snacks (I know it sounds lame but I've brought my own carrot sticks in my purse) in order to stay away from the chips.

6lbs is a heck of a lot of weight, probably a lot of it was water. 2 lbs a week is a fantastic pace for weight loss.
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote