Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #16  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Why did so many of us have that problem yesterday? Weird...

Actually, mine seems to be worse today. I'm crazy hungry. I've been watching what I eat since February, and have never encountered a day like this!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #17  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It does seem odd that so many of us have been having that kind of day.

My weird hunger finally let up after lunch today, and now I'm back to "normal." I'm glad I was able to get through it without a lot of damage. I was hoping I'd drop a pound or something, but noooooo. Oh well, I just keep on. I'll have to remember to get some gum to chew, too--that does help sometimes.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #18  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I think I had a similar day yesterday, although I´m sunburned so I can`t remember. I`ve actually made a chart of what to do if I have hungry days:

Phase 1: Tall glass of water with lemon.

Phase 2: go take a walk and then go home and chug some more water.

Phase 3: carrots or celery without dip (ha! as if there were dip here!). I find that crunchy stuff makes me feel full or just tires out my mouth.

Phase 4: vegetable broth. Easily available here, and with an egg it does fill me up.

Phase 5: whack my face until I pass out and hope that I will wake up 8 hours later.

Luckily I`ve never gone past phase 3. The bad part about having hungry days is that I always end up peeing like 3 times during the night. TMI!!!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:02 AM   #19  

I'm so glad to read this thread, I felt so guilty cos I had a dreadful day yesterday (friday). All afternoon i was hungry. I had some healthy snacks but had a desperate need for chocolate, so had a small amount of Green & Black's. But then in the evening couldn't stop eating. scales say Ive gained over a pound since yesterday but surely that can't be so? Think TOM is partly to blame. What a nightmare these days are
EleanorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

For me, there's a difference between just having the munchies but being satisfied to full already; its another thing when I'm actually hungry (and we all do truly know the difference). IMHO, if you're rarely overly hungry but you are feeling true hunger then not only is your body telling you to eat more and you shouldn't deprive it, but if we're hungry we simply deserve to eat (unless this happens constantly and contributes to weight gain, in which case we need to find ways to re-train our hunger/metabolism *if possible*).

Most of us dont become overweight from just the hungry days (though some of us get those hungry times much more than others), and we all make choices on what food to use to fill up that hunger so still not really an excuse (french fries vs yogurt w/ nuts).

After just a few low days my body becomes hungry like that, I then feed it way more then planned but try to still manage a deficit for the day. If I dont have a deficit for the day, then I've still consistently ended up with one at the end of each week (usually a deficit between 2900 and 3700 per week). There is the argument that your metabolism could slow down if you deprive your body, but none of us our experts to know for sure.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote