Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 02:07 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.... #104

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
Old 11-12-2001, 04:39 AM   #2  

Hi everyone

2cute, I didn't post yesterday as I was out for most of the day, it has nothing to do with you honest I did ok for the weekend, and managed to lose another 1lb I seem to be settling into my chosen WOE and the exercise is becoming a part of my life now.

I was feeling a little stressed over the weekend though as the children were playing up but I didn't turn to food and every day I seem to be accomplishing little victories

Will post later on my progress for the day

see ya

brenda
Old 11-12-2001, 10:32 AM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Default Goood Morning!!

Welcome to the group TINA!! Glad you joined us!!

This is gonna be short...just wanted to pop in and say hi...have some work to do before I play around today!!

I'm glad to see alot of you came out to post! I love coming in on Monday morning and reading how everyone did over the weekend!d I am suppose to get an early Christmas present tonight...and its suppose to be a computer!! I never did get mine up and running...I will take it back to my BIL and let him finish with it and have it as a back up incase something goes wrong with the new one!! If I get it that is!!

OK...I WILL be back!!! Keep up the good work!! OH>>>I almost forgot...I weighed in on Sunday and lost 2 lbs...one that I gained the week before and one extra for good measure!! Down a total of 26 lbs so far! Its coming off slow but its coming off!!

Have a great day! Michelle K
Old 11-12-2001, 10:36 AM   #4  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Motivation Monday has arrived, and boy, am I in need of some motivation!

The weekend was long and I spent a lot of it on the couch with my knee up. I did too much without the crutches the two previous days, and it was hurting. I did take a couple of minutes to take test measurements on my hips and waist since I can't get an accurate weight on the scale until I can plant both feet firmly (I can hardly wait to replace that scale!). It was hard to have that tape measure just barely close around my hips. I've lost a lot of ground since the daily water aerobic classes this summer.

As hard as it is to admit, I did spend the first third of the day bemoaning my situation and just plain old feeling sorry for myself. After that, I started doing little isometric exercises and just making sure to keep moving on that couch. I'm not going to let all my progress go without a fight! The other nice thing about getting myself moving, even that much, was that I made some better food choices. My DH has been loving catering to me while I've been down. I don't care as much and let him make about anything he craves. And of course I keep eating until the plate or bowl is empty because I can't get it out of sight and it remains on my mind until I make it disappear. UGH!!!

So, today is a new day. It is bright and sunny outside. I feel good about myself, and I'm going to put foods in my body for food and not comfort. Food is fuel!

Take care all. Happy Monday!

Andria
Old 11-12-2001, 10:41 AM   #5  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Happy Birthday and Welcome to QueenB!
Old 11-13-2001, 10:39 AM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Default Gooood Morning!!!

I am sooooo excited...I come here and no one is here...where have you all been?????

I finally got a new computer...John bought me an early christmas present...he said its my present for the next 3 years!! Soooo...watch out..I will be bugging the heck out of you all from home now too!! Yippppeee!!

Now...get your butts out here and post with me!! I need you all to keep me honest and on my toes! I have had a good day OP yesterday and today so far too...I am motivated just need to get me motivated to go to the gym on a regular basis again..I have been going in spurts now and then!

Ok I will be back checking in and I want to see some of you out here talking to me!! Pleeeeaaasse!! Pretty please!!! Talk at ya later!!

Michelle
Old 11-13-2001, 07:09 PM   #7  

Michelle congratulations on your early Xmas present. I can't wait to hear from you more. How did you get to post this morning.?? My computer would not get 3FC. They even posted an apology for being down.

I am such a HAPPY CAMPER tonight.
Today I finally got to weigh again. Are you ready for this.... I have lost another 10lbs so I now have a grand total of 25lbs gone off this body.!!!!!
I hate to say lost... because that means I could find it again. LOL So I chose to say I have thrown it away ... permantently. !!!!!!

I can't talk now because I am going out to EAT.
We have a lot to celebrate here. I have lost 25lbs and my DD-in-law just past her RN exam. Things are looking good here.

Here I am doing my Happy Dance !!!!!
Old 11-13-2001, 07:28 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Default Weigh to go 2Cute!!!!!

Great job on the loss! Don't you just feel great!!! You are on a roll and I know you won't stop till you get to where you planned to go!! Motivation motivation motivation!!

I am only on here quick tonight...my son went to sleep early and I don't want to wake him. My computer is in his bedroom. Poor little guy was just so tired...after his bath he started rubbing his eyes. So....I put him in his crib and right to sleep he went!

I had his hair cut on saturday and his Christmas pictures taken on Sunday. Did I already tell you all that??? His pictures came out soooo cute. He looked so handsome in his suit and tie!!

Well...I best be getting out of here before I wake the little guy...talk at you all tomorrow morning. I will be on bright and early!!

Oh 2Cute...I just got on this morning from work no problem...I didn't know there was one until I read the post from Suzanne!

Have a good night and stay outta the kitchen unless you are getting a glass of water!!

TTFN Michelle

Last edited by MichelleK; 11-13-2001 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-13-2001, 10:14 PM   #9  

Hi everyone,

Way to go, 2cute2. You're an inpsiration. I wish I could have an ounce of your imagination in cooking. I'm okay one week, then backslide the next. My birthday is next week and I fear I'll be disappointed big time. I had hoped to lose 25lbs by then. It looks like I'll have to be happy with 8-12 lbs depending on the TOM. I've been eating chocolate. What else is new.

My weekend was busy puttering around the house. Didn't do anything special. Is anyone planning to go to the harry potter movie? It opens here on Friday. There will be oodles of children and me planted among them. How's everyone doing with their Christmas shopping?

Speaking of Christmas presents. Michelle, some early Christmas present. How lucky! I have to buy my own presents. I bought a combo birthday/Christmas present. External cd burner and digital video bridge to convert vhs to digital cds. I'll need to start scheduling an hour here an hour there. Many projects, little time.

Sweet dreams,
Malia

Mr Turkey counting the days....
Old 11-14-2001, 06:04 AM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Default RISE AND SHINE!!

I told you all that I would be here bright and early!! I finally got John scooted out the door.....I didn't want him to see how much I missed my computer all summer long!!

Malia nice presents to yourself! This computer has a CD burner but I haven't sat down and figured out how to do it yet! I can call my nephew in RI and he can walk me through it. When I have time....with Andrew he keeps me running. He is into something right now....I can here him...oh no...here he comes!! He likes to push the lighted button on the front of the hard drive. I have to put something in front of it so he won't see it!

Ok...Thin, Jen, Andria, Susie and everyone else...where are you hiding? I am going to find you!! We need ya all to post!! Just pop in and say hi and run if you have to....but check in with us and let us know you are ok!

I'll be back (in my Arnold voice)

Have a good morning!! Michelle
Old 11-14-2001, 11:09 AM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Part 1

Good morning ladies! Wow, things are really popping here. I tried to get on the other day and the site was down so that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

I am doing much better food wise this week. I am back OP and I like it! Since today is WI Wednesday, I will reluctantly report that I was up 1.5. But I am BACK! And it feels GOOD!

Monday I was able to talk myself out of a Steak 'n Shake milkshake. That was really hard as it was calling me BIG time! Then yesterday, I got out of a job and there was a Burger King in the parking lot and I was starving. So I went through the drive thru with good intentions of having a BK Broiler minus mayo. Well there I sat, third in line, and there's the big marcee staring at me advertising their new Grilled Sourdough Bacon Cheeseburger. Damn. And my son had just deliciously described it to me this weekend and told me how wonderful they are. Soooooo, there I sat, having this conversation in my head: I need to have one because DS said how wonderful they are, no you need to do the chicken. I need one because it's 'limited time only', no the chicken is better for you. I need one because that 'grilled sourdough' sounds soooo good, no that would be how many points? Anyway you get the picture! That little devil that is my avatar was definitely sitting on my shoulder and I kept trying to brush him off. And guess what????? I DID!!!!

This will not let me post all I want so you will find this in parts.
Old 11-14-2001, 11:10 AM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Part 2

2cute: Woooh, baby! 25 pounds! How Cool For You!!! I am soooo impressed! You are such an inspiration! Oh, BTW, I think I figured out why no one is here on Sunday. Nobody wants to post a recipe!

So to anyone who may be listening, come anyway, we won't hold your toes to the fire if you don't post recipes. Heck, if you want to post a recipe on a different day, go ahead. If you don't cook, like me, don't post a recipe at all. Just know that a little variety is a GOOD THING. We all get tired of the same old thing, day in and day out. So if you have a favorite, share it.

Andria: You really did a good job on your knee to be laid up this long. I read an article about how women have more knee damage done during ovualtion that during any other time and how we have to be particularly careful during that time. Don't know if that fits your situation, but I thought it was interesting. Hope you are up and around real soon. It must be making you crazy!

Brenda: Good for you with the little victories. All those little ones add up to BIG pounds lost! Doesn't it feel good?

Tina: I'm sorry I missed your birthday! I had all intentions of getting here on the 12th to give you the Thinthinker birthday greeting, but guess I just didn't make it. So I hope that this belated wish will do HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TINA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! And Many More......

Michelle: A new computer, how cool! We'll be more than glad to have you here more often. * Congrats on the 2 pounds! You go girl! * I bet Andrew is such a sweetie. Mine were sweet once too. Then they grew up!!! Enjoy him while he's little! * BTW, thanks for missing me!

Malia: I need to catch your Christmas spirit. I am soooo far behind and there does not seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. It also just dawned on me that the new corner cabinet that I got for my kitchen is in the spot where one of my Christmas trees goes. Now I don't know what to do with the cabinet for the holidays! YIKES! I can't survive without putting up the third tree! What am I going to do???

Anyway, I guess I better get going. I do have some Christmas cookie recipes (low cal, of course) if anyone's interested. I'm hoping you will like today's quote. You all have a GREAT day!!!

"Our way is not soft grass, it's a mountain path with lots of rocks. But it goes upwards, forward, toward the sun." - Dr. Ruth Westheimer

Last edited by thinthinker; 11-14-2001 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-14-2001, 11:46 AM   #13  
I'm on my way!

Default I'm Baaaaaack!!

Where are you all? Come on out..I am going to find you!! Then I will pounce on you and you DON'T want that to happen!!

Thin...I'll take the recipes for the lo-cal cookies! I do cookie and candy baskets for the holiday's for John's family. There are just way to many of them to buy for Christmas so they all celebrate Thanksgiving together. I give each family a basket....he has 3 sisters, 2 brothers and 11 nieces and nephews and 5 great nieces and nephews. Phew...way to many to keep track of! We do buy for his Dad. And I only have my mom and dad, sister and brother-in-law and 1 nephew. Much easier to keep track of. We usually go to RI for Christmas but since JOhn can't get the monday off we are just going to go for the weekend.

BTW Thin....great job on resisting the Burger King stuff! I wanted to try that same burger but I usually let myself have whatever I want after weigh in. That way I don't feel deprived...and only if I didn't have something extraordinary during the week. But I weigh in at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings and the burger king just aint serving it at that time so I haven't tried it yet. Maybe this sunday since John is working and Andrew and I will be hitting a couple of Christmas bazaars.

I have had a great day so far today...a 5 pt breakfast and a 1 point orange at my desk....and my lunch consists of a 4 point WW dinner entree and a 2 pt. yogurt. That leaves me plenty of points for dinner and to bank the leftovers. I like banking just in case and if I don't use them...well then the weight comes off that much faster! No complaining here!!

The boss is out of the office till at least 2 pm....I can come in and out of here all day practically without being interrupted! Some days she leaves me alone all day and some days she is up my rear all day. I tell her she is a pain in my butt! Did I tell you all that I am reviewing to take the Real Estate Exam? I took the two courses required by Pennsylvania last year and finished when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and never took the state exam. I have a couple of people I know looking to buy and sell so I might as well!

Well I am going to go surf the net for a bit...but I will be back!!

Michelle
Old 11-14-2001, 12:13 PM   #14  

Good morning all. Sorry it took me so long to get here today and unfortunely I can't stay long. I am babysitting in just a few minutes. Just snuck in to say hi.

Thin.... Way to go girl !!!! That was wonderful !!!!
I got a big kick out of your conversation in the drive thru line.
I have said ALL of those same lines myself. LOL Don't forget the coupon line... buy one get one free.... this is my "Last chance to eat this because I am really going to start my diet... tomorrow!!" line too.
YOU DID GREAT !!!!!! I am soooo proud of you. You will be even stronger now for the next temptation. I am sorry to say.. those temptations are endless... but so is our power to resist.

I did not go swim this morning because I was going at noon. I forgot I had to babysit. This just confirms... never put off till tomorrow what you should do today.

Tina .. i too am sorry I missed your b-day. I am sooo glad I did it early. HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! My picture day is for you.

I hear my son in my driveway... got to run.
Hmm... is that qualified as exercise.??? I wish.
Old 11-14-2001, 12:59 PM   #15  
Falling, but fighting...

Default I'm back....

Hi all,

Between days off from work and being in the field instead of my desk, I haven't been able to get online much (don't have access at home).

I was up a pound at WW last Saturday, which wasn't a surprise. I really haven't been doing well lately. Just not into it. I need motivation!!!!!!

2Cute: Congrats on 25 pounds down!!!!!

Don't have anytime to respond to anyone else, because work is calling and I will be in the field for 1/2 the day tomorrow and Friday.
Closed Thread