Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/225

Height: 5' 3"

Default 24 hrs Until Official Start......

Hi Gang,

24 hrs. to go. Tommorow morning I join Weight Watchers. I have been gearing up, getting ready and most telling is I've not been acting like it's the end of the world. I haven't been eating anything extra or out of the ordinary. Truth be known my kitchen has been cleaned out of anything that could lead to total destruction of my intentions for a few weeks. I have also set a Goal. Although it's not a Weight Watchers goal because they want you to lose I think at least 10% of your total body weight.....I need to do this in increments.....so here it is.

5 pounds

That's all I can commit to right now.

The great thing about it...is that it's doable, and the bonus, I'm really happy you are all there......I feel your support and take you with me tommorow morning.

Now I need one more thing. Can someone show me where to get one of those little markers that I see on your forums. The one where there's an icon and underneath you put your your pounds or mileage in.

Thanks again
INHTSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #2  
Mel

Just click here and a new page will open and allow you to make one for yourself. Then copy the code, and go into the "User CP" tab at the top of the page. Click on "edit signature". Copy the code into the signature box.

And congratulations on not having "Last Supper" syndrome You'll do great!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #3  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Early Welcome to you!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

INHTSE! Good for you! Those 5 pounds may take a little time, or maybe not--but before you know it they will be gone! You'll see!

Go for it! Yay!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #5  
WATCH THIS!!!!

S/C/G: 257/252/177

Height: 5'8"

I am doing the same thing, except I started today. Wel.. to be honest I started a week ago, getting the workout tapes, new VCR, good foods... but today I have started. I have been really good today and worked out with the same workout I used 5 years ago when I lost 70#, so I am excited to be reunited with what I did the first time.
SuperDocStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #6  
Fat-be-gone

I started WW 9 weeks ago, but today is the 2nd day where I have committed to actually eating right and counting points for every.single.thing.that.goes.into.my.mouth. Its hard but I think the benefits are well worth it.

Good Luck to you!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I think your 5-pound goal is a great one, and when you hit it (and I know you will), we'll all celebrate with you!

I do WW as well, but I do it at home without going to meetings. I think meetings are great, but I live in the boonies and don't feel like driving to one (plus, I'm very broke). I won't say I follow the plan to a T -- I sort of do my own version of it -- but I do count "points" instead of calories for the most part. It has helped me lose 75 pounds so far, so I'm a big believer in it! There's a great WW forum here, which you've probably found already. I visit the WW at Home one most frequently, but there's lots of info all over the place for point values and recipes and all that good stuff.

Good luck, and keep us posted! When you get that ticker posted in your signature, we'll all celebrate with you when it slides down those 5 pounds!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #8  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

INHTSE, I am so excited for you! Look out world, here you come! WW is a wonderful plan, and easier to follow than you may think. Look at the responses you've received so far....Lisa has lost 75 pounds on WW, I've lost 68 on WW.....since AUGUST!!! Who would have thought it was possible?! You can do this...gain knowledge and support from your meetings, but make sure you get those things here as well. We are all here for you, cheering you on! Good luck tomorrow!

PS ~ don't forget to check out the WW general forum and the 100lb club, they are both full of info and support as well!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #9  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I'm also on WW. It's a great program. So much easier for me than other programs. Enjoy your meeting and let us know how it went. I love going to the meetings and learning from the other members. It helps me to know that I'm not alone. And 3FC, well what can I say? It's invaluable to my success so far. I come here frequently. Just to read about others struggles, and more importantly their successes, makes this seem more doable. Congrats on taking the first step! I hope to see you more around the boards! Welcome!!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #10  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
I started WW 9 weeks ago, but today is the 2nd day where I have committed to actually eating right and counting points for every.single.thing.that.goes.into.my.mouth. Its hard but I think the benefits are well worth it.

Good Luck to you!!!
First of all HEY GIRL! hehe... i didnt see your picture up but I remembered your name! Congrats on day two of counting.every.single.thing.that.goes.in.your mouth. haha.. I have started calorie counting and I tell you what.. its alot of dern responisbility, and it really gets on my nerve but I am going to get these last 15 off if it kills me and this is the ONLY thing that I can think of to make it work, I work out like a fiend and it doesnt budge so it HAS to be my diet right!? So if you ever think you just might scream if you count another single thing that goes in your mouth, I'll scream with you! lol
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 AM   #11  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Ahh geez.. I didnt mean to hi-jack.. congrats on starting your meetings.. definitely keep me posted because if cal counting doesnt work for me, maybe w.w will lol. Congrats on not eatting everything in sight because I definitely would lol...
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote