Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 03:29 PM   #16  

Janet, I'm also starting back on losing weight. I lost almost 30 lbs the first quarter of 2000, I was half way to were I needed to be. Then I started gaining it back. I'm a stress eater and if I'm upset and feel out-of-control my hand becomes a shovel to my mouth, I'll eat anything and everything in front of me.

The key is to keep good foods in my house to munch on. When I went off track last year, my daughter moved back in and we were also not in the best of financial shape. So, I bought the foods everyone else would eat, instead of the foods I need.

Janet, with your children so young, it would also be the perfect time to get them eating healthy!

Well, I hope you are feeling better. You can do this, and we are here to help you.

Ruth
Old 11-13-2001, 03:51 PM   #17  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

I would suggest putting the kittten in the bathroom (take up all carpets, etc) during the day when you are away. That way, she will have no option but the litter box.

I'm having yet more troubles with my son, and am rather distracted because of them. Weight is horrible, but I do at least eat in a healthy manner.

Gotta run...
Old 11-13-2001, 09:38 PM   #18  

Kat, I gave up on the kitten. She went back to my daughters house. She was pretty and sweet as could be, but I just didn't have the patience to get her trained. Thanks for the suggestion anyway, I really do appreciate it.

Sorry to hear that your son is giving you problems again. I know I used to feel so desparate for a solution when my girls were putting me through ****. Now they will have to pay for any mistakes that they make.

Jana, Carree and Janet, I hope you girls are having a good week.

Ruth
Old 11-14-2001, 08:24 AM   #19  
GmaTo8

Default Hi everyone!!

A special welcome back to Janet!!

Things have been hectic around here, and it seems that when I have extra time, I do other things instead of coming to the computer. I've missed you guys!

GOOD NEWS: I have my m-i-l signed up at an adult day care for Thursdays, and she starts tomorrow. They will provide supervision, mental stimulation, fun and games, interaction with others her age, meals and snacks and (drum roll please) A BATH!! The place has a very friendly atmosphere, and is nice and clean. Her name has been put on a waiting list to have the Area Agency on Aging pick up the tab, but til then it's private pay.

Congrats to those of you who are losing! I'm holding my own. I've been walking almost everyday, but don't go too fast since mil is with me. I stocked up on fruits and veggies again, too.

Have a good day! See ya later..

Jana
Old 11-14-2001, 11:53 PM   #20  

Hi Jana, glad your still around!!The elder care for your mother in law sounds great. I'm sure she will enjoy it.

"Holding your own", I think that is great!! Okay, are you wondering if I've gone crazy? Just think about how hard this weight loss journey can be. I consider "holding my own" as a positive thing. It means you haven't given up, and that you are putting forth some effort.

So hang in there, Jana, you will eventually make it. We all will, as long as we don't give up the fight.

Well better run, the biology book is calling me!! LOL, at least it isn't food I hear!!!

Ruth

Kat, Carree and Janet, hope you girls are having a good week.
Old 11-16-2001, 10:18 PM   #21  

Well, another week has come and gone and the weekend is here. I've stayed op all week with my water and food. Now, I need to pick up the pace with exercise, but I'll get there.

I broke down and bought a scale. I just have to be able to see for myself how the numbers are doing. Fortunately for me, I did this last year, so I know that every three or four weeks my body has a gain followed by a nice drop (as long as I'm staying op). What I'm getting at is I won't be too disappointed when it goes up, I expect it to occasionally. Also, my personal goal is an average of 1.5 lbs a week, so I'm not expecting big decreases. Of course, if they happen they'll be welcomed.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. My plans are for major housecleaning. I've been so busy with school that I have to catch up on a few things. But, first I have to go stock up on food.

Talk to you later,
Ruth
Old 11-18-2001, 06:02 PM   #22  

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Did any of you see the meteors. I got up at 3:30 this morning, stayed up until 5, but I didn't see any major activity. I probably missed the good stuff. I did see a few, it was pretty neat.

Well, I've stocked up on food and have been op all weekend. I'm motivated and excited. I'm actually looking forward to weigh in tomorrow night.

Jana, Carree and Kat, hope you girls are okay.

Ruth
Old 11-19-2001, 08:39 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

Hi all...

Ruth - my DH and youngest DD watched the meteor show, and they said it was unbelievable , with too many to count, coming from all directions. I stayed in bed all cozy and dozey. DH is an Earth Science prof, so he really is into that kind of thing. He and DD are planning to chase tornados summer after next. Yikes. I'll stay in the house during that outing, too. Congrats on being op all week. How was weigh in? I think a goal of 1.5 loss a week is do-able most weeks. If I'm remembering right, you are 40-something, and as you know, after 40 it gets harder and harder to blast off the pounds, so take any loss as a good loss. Or, as you pointed out, even "holding your own" is a good thing! I admire your attitude!

The adult day care visit went great for mil, and I had fun with a friend in town most of the day.

Hi to the other Featherweights, and I hope you all have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Jana
Old 11-19-2001, 09:53 PM   #24  

Hi ladies, well today was D-day, first weigh in with weight watchers. I lost 2.6 lbs. I know it isn't much, but it is so nice to see the scale counting backwards!! lol

Yes, unfortunately I'm over 40. My goal is to exercise more, I actually got on the treadmill 3 times today. I'm hoping to do that everyday. Hopefully that will counter the age thing!!

See you girls tomorrow.
Ruth
Old 11-20-2001, 04:34 PM   #25  
The Rockinghorse Gal

I set my alarm and got up at 4am three nights in a row to watch the meteors...my daughter and I bundled up, took blankets and binoculars, and drove to a secluded field away from lights...the show was spectacular (dare I say stellar? *grin*) and well worth the effort. When not looking at meteors, we were looking at different constellations and the various stars in them.

We are gearing up for the holiday, and I am lookign forward to having the few days off, though fiscally it will be a bite.

Oh, I'm scheduled to take my CDL (truck driving license) written exams in two weeks--wish me luck! As soon as I pass the, the school will not only reimburse me for the class I took, but they will pay me an hourly wage for the time I spent.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:05 PM   #26  

Hey girls,

Kat, sounds like you and your daughter were able to share a special evening together. Something she will always remember.

Good luck on the CDL test. My husband has to get a CDL for his job. He's already taken the written test and has gotten his permit. He now has to take the driving portion of the test and he will get the license.

Well, I didn't get on the treadmill today, but I did take the stairs to my 4th floor algebra class (twice) and I walked down the 3 times, so I guess that isn't too bad.

Well, I better go, I'm tired, I need to get up early tomorrow to start an essay paper for English. I'm averaging 90% in the class, this will probably lower it.

See you girls tomorrow.

Ruth
Old 11-22-2001, 06:14 PM   #27  
Fit and Feisty

Angry Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Holiday to all my Featherweight buddies. Hope your holiday was the best!

Love,
carree
Old 11-25-2001, 09:57 PM   #28  

I hope everyone had a good weekend. It went by way too fast.

I'm glad this week is over. I didn't do to bad, but I know that with Thanksgiving, my anniversary, and my daughters baby shower, it has been tough. I let some points sneak in on me today, but oh well, it wasn't many. I just walked a mile on the treadmill. I really need to commit myself to get on it everyday, then if I went over a point or two several times a week it would even out.

My husband is buying me a Weider home gym for Christmas. Sears has one for over $400, but K-mart has a smaller Weider gym for $188. I decided on the smaller one, it will take up less space.

Has everyone done their Christmas shopping. I've finished up the grandchildren, that leaves our 3 daughters, our parents, and a few miscellaneous family and friends.

Have a good week.

Ruth
Old 11-28-2001, 03:50 PM   #29  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Welcome back Janet!

I agree that taking things one day at a time is a good idea, as is breaking your goal down into smaller (and more easily attained) amounts. Remember to be kind to yourself--there are a lot of us out there in similar situations, and every one of us is worth a million.

I'm off line a lot, but when my tax rebate comes in, the first thing I'll do is get a phone line again.

So, are we all set for the blue moon this Friday? I've got to bake snickerdoodles into moon shapes and get ready to have a full moon gathering with a bunch of my daughter's friends. It should be fun.
Old 11-29-2001, 06:49 AM   #30  

Morning ladies, hope everyone is doing great. This weeks weigh in showed a small loss of .8 lbs. Considering it was Thanksgiving week, my daughters baby shower and my anniversary I'm very proud of that loss. I have been consistently eating at the low end of my points this week, I'm hoping for a nice drop next Monday, wish me luck.

Hubby purchased my weight system (home gym), now we must tackle the job of putting it together. I have to empty out the room it is going it, lots of clutter in there. I think I will purchase a filing cabinet this afternoon, that will help with some of the clutter.

Can you believe it is almost December. I've got some of my Christmas done. The grandchildren are almost finish, I want to get the baby and 8 year old grandson some clothes. I'm also going to get a swing set for the children. Now that #4 is almost here, I think it will be well worth the investment!!!

Take care, Carre and Jana, let us know how you are doing. Kat, hope things are going okay for you.

Ruth
Closed Thread