Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I'd love to be a fitness instructor.That,and be able to run.I've never been able to run for any length of time.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:10 PM   #17  

Glory, I just thought that was a mistype 'cause I didn't think it was possible I'd be dreaming with a 27"
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #18  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I want to get back into martial arts and get good at it...I want to island-hop the Carribbean on small sailboats (which necessitates that I be physically fit, and comfy in shorts/tank tops/bikini)...I want to play rugby again, although I don't know where I'll find a women's rugby team after I've graduated.

Oh, and...yeah, maybe this is weird, but...I kinda wanna be an exotic dancer for awhile. Just seems intoxicatingly sexy somehow.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #19  
Token Vulcan

I want to look nice in a swimsuit...which is funny for me because I haven't been to the beach in years and don't believe in risking skin cancer and spotted skin in old age (if I get there) just to make my pale white skin look darker now...and I haven't even been much of a swimmer for years and years.
Actually...I think it boils down to wanting to have more confidence in how my body looks so that I lose some self-consciousness and inhibition, as well as gain some physical strength and endurance. I'd like to learn how to ballroom dance (I took classes once years ago but it's all forgotten). I'd like to ride a bike again without thinking about the keister I'm packing behind me. I'd like to take a self-defense class. I'd like to run around a track once like I'm in a race...was very fast as a kid and I miss just being able to run fast sometimes. Just various things that I'm either too self-conscious to try right now or too out of shape to even want to attempt.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #20  
Resident Witchling

Ooh, you reminded me, Ellie...I wanna dance. Belly dance. Modern dance. Jazz dance. Ballet. Pick a genre; I just want to dance.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #21  

Height: 5'6"

I had a dream where I ran and ran (jogging) for a long time around the neighborhood. I want to run, without my legs or back hurting or anyone making fun of me...(And that is kind of out of the park because my dad's side has bad calfs and I do, too...).
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumisan View Post
God I relate to nearly everyone! I secretly want to be the "hot" mom on the block. I also want to learn how to kick ***, you know like secret agent type kick ***. HAHA oh god I am going into a hole to die now. --Sumi
That's adorable.

We've probably all pretended to be secret agents while doing our kickboxing/taebo tapes!

I know I have.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #23  
Resident Witchling

Quote:
We've probably all pretended to be secret agents while doing our kickboxing/taebo tapes!
I won't tell if you won't.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelypurple View Post
I'd like to be smaller than my boyfriend, too. I would love to be able to wear his clothes and have them be big on me. I want him to be able to pick me up and swing me around. I want to fit inside of his arms when he holds me.
I've always fantasized about being smaller than my husband (or any of my boyfriends before I got married). But I have to face reality. I'm 5'8" and none of my boyfriends were that much bigger than me. When DH and I got married, I weighed somewhere between 155-165 and he was 150. His driver's license says he is 5'9" and he used to believe he was 5'11" (I made him face reality) but I still think I am taller than him. If I wear any kind of shoes and he is barefoot, I am taller (and you should see me gloat when I wear high heels!!!). Sure I can wear his clothes just fine, but they look silly on me. Instead, I got these really great big shirts that I wear with a camisole and tight black pants to lounge in. It looks like I'm wearing a big boyfriend shirt (except that it is pink!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #25  
Token Vulcan

The first time a boyfriend picked me up I was probably around 140 and I remember being totally surprised by it because 1) I didn't think I was that light and 2) he wasn't that big himself, lol. Actually, that positive feeling from being picked up lasted longer than the feelings for the guy, lol.

I wish we could get a bunch of us all together sometime and actually learn/do some of these things. I don't think anybody would ridicule anyone else and we'd probably end up having a blast. I'd even be willing to try bellydancing.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:01 PM   #26  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Roller Derby? I've always wanted to join the local team... but haven't even let myself entertain the idea- too embarrassed- I want to be the sexy, athletic, badass- not the comical fat one on wheels.

Anyways, my super secret goal? I want to get back into martial arts and add dancing on top of that. I loved martial arts, Kempo, and fantasize about it... I had a hard time being larger than the other students when I was a teen- though my flexibility and weight gave me a small advantage- but this time I want to feel strong on the merit of how hard I worked to get there and not how much fat/weight I can put into my kicks.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
A 20" waist? I checked the sizing charts at J. Crew - a petite extra small (size 0-2) is 23-24 inches.
It's possible - with the use of corsets. I am a long-time user of corsets - or rather, I should say that I USED to extensively wear corsets. I'm not going to get into a debate about its merits-demerits, but I enjoyed having that tiny waist. Moreover, I'm short, and that size waist was a tremendous asset, even if I was "cheating" with a corset on!

Post baby and several years, later, I don't know if that's acheivable. Which is why I never talk about my aspirations in real life. Just look at what happened when I posted here...
dhvaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #28  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I want to get back in ballet. I haven't officially taken a class in more than 20 years, but I miss it.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #29  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't understand the comments that some of these goals are ridiculous or unrealistic. Skating in a roller derby, running a marathon, doing backflips? NONE of those are unrealistic. I didn't see any here that were truly unrealistic. They all seem like pretty doable goals to me. I would never have thought I'd have run a 3K race, but I've done two of them. Considering when I started this, I couldn't run 15 feet, I'd never discount anything like that as ridiculous or unrealistic.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I remember a few years ago when I did a cartwheel on a dare......I DID it, but it was painful for days afterward. Some things are left to the young!!! But you can always DREAM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote