Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #16  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

I was chronic once myself. I would easily add 200 - 300 calories to each cup I drank.

What I now do is drink an 8 oz cup of hazelnut or some other yummy flavor and use 1 packet of sugar and 1 little pack of half and half. It's 4 grams of fat and about 60 calories. I savor that cup. I drink tea the rest of the day.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #17  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I love coffee. I love straight shots of esspresso, non-fat sugar free caramel lattes, regular coffee. . .I LOVE IT!!!! I generally drink my coffee with flavored sugar free creamer (can I say the name??) anyhow, I switched to the sugar free and I believe it is 15 calories per tbs. I stick to the serving size per every other cup (generally I have 4 cups and I fill the other second and fourth before the other is gone).
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

NEVER ~ NEVER ~ NEVER ~ EVER GIVE UP COFFEEE! LEARN TO DRINK IT BLACK! I DID...I used to have 1 sugars per 10 ounce cup..I gave the sugar up and after a week I LOVED my coffee black.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #19  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Oh I disagree! Straight shots of espresso are fab without sugar...they just seem so delicately sweet naturally. Not all the time, but its not undrinkable.

That said, my default espresso drink is an americano with 2 splendas. Heaven in a cup.
Espresso? Oh yeah, you live UP THERE...come down here, south of L.A., We don't allow that "stuff" FOLGERS BABY!!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #20  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I could never stomach coffee myself. But I am a tea drinker. And I've always used artificial sweetners but wanted to get off that kick. It was hard at first. I put in just enough sugar to make it a bit less sweeter than I would normally drink it then kept cutting back from there. I now use 1 tsp. to about a 12 oz. cup of green tea. When I eat out, I get half sweet and half unsweet, and often find I have to get them to add more of the unsweet because it's simply TOO sweet. But I've never been able to stomach it just plain. I have to have SOME sweetner in there.

Gary all hubby drinks is Foldgers, but you and he would not get along. He has to have his 20 oz. cup of 1 1/2 tsp. of Foldgers instant with EIGHT tsp. of sugar. ICK! He likes a little coffee with his sugar. Then it's Mtn. Dew for the rest of the day. Double ICK.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:50 PM   #21  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I have given up cigarettes.

I have given up white bread.

I have given up bakeries.

Take away my coffee and someone will die. I take mine black though. Everything else detracts from the sweet sweet caffeine.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:51 AM   #22  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by archy View Post

Take away my coffee and someone will die. I take mine black though. Everything else detracts from the sweet sweet caffeine.
Thanks for the first laugh of the day! I could not have expressed my feelings any better!...."sweet sweet caffeine"
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #23  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

almostheaven - Have you ever tried making iced tea yourself? I mix herbal teas that are naturally sweet with black iced tea. In California, you always seem to have a choice of a fruit iced tea or black iced tea, sweet tea was a foreign idea to me. I never thought I could give up my sweet n low or splenda in my tea but I did eventually get used to it. My beloved chai can even be drank without sweetener/cream.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #24  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

Susanne, you mentioned going vegan and not using the cream in your coffee. I recently bought the Silk Vanilla Soymilk and it was really good in my coffee.

Matt, I kind of believe we all need our vices, and if coffee is the worst of it, don't fret. If it's a difficult thing to drop, just keep working on your diet and see if it really is something important to change. You might find it is the one vice you need to keep. We don't have to be perfect. Now if you are drinking 3 frappacinos each day, maybe something has to change.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #25  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Nelie, I make green tea at home every day, but still can't take it without some sweetner. I've tried herbals before and had to sweeten those too. The only one so far that came close to being a drop sweet on it's own is my honey and lemon green tea. Yet it STILL needs sweetened. Just a hint though.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #26  
Mel

Quote:
I have given up cigarettes.

Hahaha, substitute pasta and potatoes for the cigarette and that's me, too.

I gave up coffee for my pregnancies, and briefly gave it up for a few months because somewhere I read that it stalled weight los. Nope. Didn't make any difference at all. If you are drinking 8-10 cups a day, please cut down for health reasons. But one or two cups, even a BIG MUG of the stuff isn't going to hurt you.

I drink mine with a little container of 1/2 & 1/2 (10 calories) and a splash of flavored sugar free syrup. One mug of hi-test in the morning and a mug of decaf in the afternoon. I used to drink it black, but one day made the fatal mistake of adding some 12 and 1/2....whoa it tasted good! I'm at goal and can afford a few splurge calories.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:28 PM   #27  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Take away my coffee? OUTTA MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!! I love it - two big mugs in the morning with fat free 1/2 & 1/2 and sugar free toriani almond syrup.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Excuse me CHICKY WITH THE HAT ~ but I think what you are drinking is a "desert" not coffee
Old 02-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #29  
Ilene the Bean

I love my coffee... I love my Timmy's coffee 1/2 cream and sweetner is what I ask for... When I hear people ask for double/double or triple/triple I just want to ... I've tried drinking it black but it literally makes me gag I have no idea why
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #30  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Excuse me CHICKY WITH THE HAT ~ but I think what you are drinking is a "desert" not coffee

You say that like it's a bad thing....

Humph *stomps off in a huff*
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote