Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #16  

Height: 5'6"

Well, it's not that bad that I have to move out or get the legal system into it...because she acts like it didn't happen the next day. But every time something like this happens it adds to the reasons why I hate her.

The worst thing is that I have terrible self-esteem...and I'm already depressed...so it doesn't help. I guess the only thing I can do right now is do well on my diet and in school.

I have good grades...I have a 3.6 and a weighted 3.9. I've never gotten a C on my report card except for once, in spanish, and I had twice as many A's as B's.

There will be a grocery store opening up later this year, so I'm planning on getting as many hours there as possible. And all my holiday and graduation money I'm going to save for moving out.

What I'm planning on doing is waiting for my boyfriend to figure out his college in TX, and then staying with his parents for a little. Once I get some resume's in and secure a job, (full-time), we want to get a cheap apartment and both work and pay for it. And I'm going to bust my *** to make sure it works and that we can do it, no matter how many jobs I need.

Because as far as I'm concerned, even though I love my dad a lot, I can't stand to be in the house with her.

So that is my plan...if anyone can tell me what I have to get ready for...because I consider I will need $1600-$1900 dollars a month to be okay...(I've been researching costs...) it would be nice if anyone could tell me what I need to expect.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #17  
*confetti*

S/C/G: 270.9/176.1/165

Height: 5'6"

I agree with those who say hang in here.

Right now I would try babysitting or getting a part-time job for extra cash. Looking into scholarships and seeing what aid programs are available is another avenue to pursue.

However getting loans isn't the end of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisClaws View Post
Besides, I have a friend who lives in Portland, Oregan who has never gotten a license, and she's 27 right now. She goes by her passport and social security card for identification purposes,
While passports are the golden ticket of ID, you can also get a state ID at the DMV. State IDs look the same as driver's licenses except that it clearly states that it is an ID.

In my state, Louisiana, they are only 15 bucks and are cheaper than a passport (not to mention easier to carry).
Zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #18  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

With a 3.9, you could easily get a great college scholarship, with board... it would give you a few more years before you have to worry about rent, AND make it a million time easier when it is time. You can take out student loans for anything left over after scholarships, next year will be a great time to do it considering that Congress is planning to cut the student loan interest rate in half. Shoot high, darling! If you want help researching scholarships or student loans or schools, PM me, I'm happy to do some research for you.
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:24 AM   #19  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gamerchick,

Look farther out when you plan. Right now you are so focused on getting out of that house, you've got a short-term outlook. When you plan, think about what you would do if there wasn't any boyfriend and you had to do it on your own.

Improbable is right that you could try for a scholarship if college interested you.

Whatever you decide to do, don't bite off too much. Take things easy. You've had a harder time than many, and you are coming out of it OK! Really, you are! You've managed great grades even with all the uproar at home. I was like you in high school (except it was my dad who was problematic) and now I'm just fine, so you can be, too.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote