Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #61  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

It was an error!!!!!

Oh, I told you all that already. OOPS. It's just that I'm really happy about it. I love that my cholesterol is 180, to me having cholesterol under 200 is the sign of a healthy person. I know that's silly, some people produce the stuff on their own and can be stick thin. In fact my mom has a friend who is a rail and has cholesterol levels in the 400's. But nevertheless I'm liking the number, A LOT more then the 388 the lab told me.

My blood pressure is still high, I started medication (light dosage) last week. The doctor told me it is NOT a good idea to be walking around with that high blood pressure. So, yes I'm disappointed about that, but hopefully with continued weightloss (not even sure if weight is a factor here) I can possibly eliminate the medication. I know many, many people who have long and active lives who are on blood pressure medication. Just glad I don't have to deal with high cholesterol levels as well (stupid lab)

I just wanted to thank you all again for your continued support. I really love how you all just knew it was an error - me I just wasn't so sure - at all. I am so very glad that I was wrong, wrong, wrong. Thanks again.

By the way I will go back in one month to check my cholesterol again (and blood pressure) and I will let you know what happens.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:54 AM   #62  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hey there, Robin!

Soooooo glad to hear that the TEST was the problem! I also notice that you are SOOOOOOO very close to ONEderland! You have GOT to be so happy!

As far as the blood pressure is concerned, watch your sodium, and with your weight loss already you will probably notice a big change. Blood pressure meds MAY not be necessary very soon!

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm so sorry that you have had to be so stressed out BECAUSE OF AN ERROR! That's just CRUEL!

Take care!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #63  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Grats! That is awesome! Keep it up with the weight loss and you might not always need the BP meds! WTG!
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:51 PM   #64  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siena1383 View Post
Regarding the blood pressure, make sure to ask them to use a large-size cuff. When you were larger, they probably had to. Now the normal-sized one may fit around your arm, but it'll give you an abnormally high reading. I consistently get a blood pressure of around 150/90 with normal cuffs and 118/80 with the large ones. I am not about to take medication for high blood pressure when they're not using the right size cuff!
That may explain mine! Mine is normally around 120/75. It has been going down. Last reading was 110/65. However, less a week before, I was at a gyn for a lump I found someplace that I don't want to mention. They had a smaller cuff and my bp was 130/75. I think I will ask for the bigger cuff.

Thanks for mentioning that. I never put it together. I guess some of them think that just because it will go around the arm, it can be used.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Robin that is wonderful that it was an error!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #66  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Awesome news! I am so very happy for you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote