Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #16  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

All of this is good advice. I have something to add, though.

Research has shown that we go through "cycles" of sleep stages. Each cycle is approximately 90 minutes, give or take a few minutes. People who were awakened at the lightest part of the sleep cycle - ie, between cycles - were much more alert, able to get out of bed easier, and reported feeling less tired or sluggish during the day, whereas people who were awakened at random other points during the cycle were groggy and inclined to fall back asleep quickly.

So what you do is you pick a wakeup time. Say, 7 AM. Then you work back in 90-minute increments. 7 AM, 5:30 AM, 4 AM, 2:30 AM, 1 AM, 11:30 PM, 10 PM. So if you're going to wake at 7, your best times for going to sleep are 10 or 11:30 at night. It takes time to get used to this system, but it's actually worked pretty well for me.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #17  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I have the same problem with getting up in the morning!!! I hate mornings!(That's why I work nights now!) But back when I did have to get up at 5:00 am, I put one alarm clock across the room, and one set 5 minutes later in the bathroom. That way I had to get up and move. I tried it with just one across the room, but I would get up, turn it off, and climb back in bed. Like I said, I really hate mornings!! The timer for the light is a good idea also. Wish I'd thought of that. Good luck!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 10"

I'm not a morning person, but my dad is. He wakes up at 4:30am for fun! When I need to be up early I have him call me, this way I get up to answer the phone and I get to talk to my dad a little bit before my day starts.
You might try asking a friend or family member that you know is awake at that time to call you just to make sure you're up.
Aquanetrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #19  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Help you want to get up...OK, here goes!

1) In the morning it is peaceful and nobody in your family will be awake to interrupt you. Even the dogs/cats etc. will still be asleep!

2) When you see everyone else after THEY wake up , you will be able to think of yourself as a very smart cookie who ALREADY is DONE with a great workout for the day compaired to all those other "lazy" people who wasted their opportunity by SLEEPING!

3) Exercise in the morning allows you to eat a hearty breakfast because you already have created a calorie deficit!

4) Your morning shower will feel even more glorious AFTER you sweat to your exercise program.

5) You can begin daily conversations with, "Wow! My workout was really tough this morning!" People are ALWAYS impressed by those who have already completed their workout by 8:00AM or earlier!

6) I heard that cardio/weight training keeps the metabolism high for several hours AFTER your workout! It's like getting a head start which lets you eat more even at lunch without gaining weight. Nice bonus!

7) Even if you choose NOT to exercise any more during the day or in the evening, you will KNOW that you have ALREADY completed your workout. You can look at other workouts that day as EXTRAS!

8) There is minimal chance that anything will prevent your workout from happening if you exercise in the morning. (Often my family creates a new agenda for me in the afternoon and/or evening.) Nobody is anywhere close to being awake when I am up in the morning!

9) Sunrise is AWESOME!

10) After your workout you can be the first one to read your morning paper!

OK...so there you have it! Hope these things help!

Good luck!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:57 PM   #20  
the gastronomic godess...

S/C/G: 202/202/130

Height: 5'4"

Default ideas

have you tried putting the alarm clock on the other side of the room and turning it up LOUD? or maybe one of the light alarm clocks that gets gradually brighter..... I make myself drink water before I hit snooze... I have to be awake enough not to choke- so I am more awake.... getting up is another matter entirely! maybe some one you know could call you and tell you to get your you know what out of bed? we should start a service (I know I would use it!)
tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #21  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

LIGHT. The alarm(s) will WAKE you up... but to GET UP, you need LIGHT.

After my alarm goes off, I hit snooze. The 2nd time it goes off, I turn on the light above my bed. I then proceed to stretch a bit, roll over, stretch some more, wipe the sleep outta my eyes, open my eyes a little, stretch some more... and by the 3rd time the alarm goes off, I AM UP.

Try it. The light really works.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote