Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

SwimGirl - I have been eating a lot of frozen and canned veggies and fruits as well. I shop as Sam's Club and they have a pretty good selection for salad mixes. I look forward to seeing future post from you and thatnks for the support.

50lbstomuch - I have a few fitness dvd's that I have used in the past maybe its time to dust them off and start fresh. Thanks for your support I hope you do well.
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #17  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Hi scalewatcher!

Just to chime in--when I had a foot surgery and was off my feet for 4 months, I gained 35 pounds!! 2 1/2 years later I'm still trying to lose it. Compared to that, you've done very well and can be proud.

I like to cruise the church thrift stores and Goodwill for exercise gear. I've gotten over a dozen exercise videos for a dollar each, hand weights for a couple dollars, etc. for waaay less than retail. Also, you might check out the book called "Strong Women Stay Young" for an effective and inexpensive weight training program. It's probably in the library for free!

Keep your chin up and the sun will shine again!

Ipa
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

When it comes to exercise, I FIRMLY believe that you don't have to pay to get fit! Sign up at self or glamour, they both have weight loss type programs running for the new year.. and they often have great fitness advice. I personally think squats, push ups and crunches are a great start. And walking, lots of walking, and maybe one day you can work up to running? You can do it!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #19  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I agree. I personally think gyms are overrated. Let's see....for no cost, I can walk for hours on end whereever I want at whatever pace I want but I have to pay $1000s a year just to sign up for a 30 min walk? Maybe an hour because I have to share??? Yeah. Makes a lot of sense. Anyway, I don't mean to bash gyms, they have their good points too, but I don't believe access to the gym is crucial or even that integral a part of weightloss. Exercise is. Make sure you move more than you have and make an effort to eat good for you food.

Don't forget, you can do it!!!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 205/201/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Hey scale watcher, How are you feeling today? I hope you aren't feeling depressed, but if so I know a great way to clear away those blues, get up and go...go for a walk around your neighborhood, or hope int he car or on a bike and go to the local park/trail and take a lesiurly walk or bike ride. The fresh air will do you good and the walk/ride will work off alot of the depression. I am talking from personal first hand experience...the beginning of DEmeber I was at all-time record for bady days, all I did was cry, yell, eat senselessly and then cry some more.... my husband got me a membership to curves for christmas and I have been going religiously and I can tell you that the exercises I do worked wonders for my emotionl health and I can tell they are making me feel better phyically as well. If I don't make it to Curves, then I grab my best friend (who just happens to be the furry 4-legged kind) a bottleof water, a radio with head phones and go for a nice walk, and if I dont do that then I take a long bike ride. I hope you are doing okay today and that you are moving...getting your body into motion and gettign that heart rate pumping ...c'mon girl you can do it, don't let me down...don't let oyurself down!
pugsinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Ipanema- I'll look for the book "Strong Women Stay Young" today. Thanks

SwimGirl- I do like walking and I will have to make myself walk for short periods so not to re-injure my knee. Thanks for your help.

Sunnigummi- I am starting today to make sure I get in some exercise in daily. I am going to try to keep my calories under 2000.

pugsinflorida- I am still depressed but I feel some better just having you all to talk to an give me encouragement. I used to walk everyday for 2 or more hours to help with the depression but too much in excess is what happened to my knee. I am going to take it slow and maybe that will still get me results.

Gotta go for now
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote