Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #1  

Default very inter. Read about Food at the Chain Restr.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042602711.html
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #2  
it's always something

Excellent article, thanks! I read his book, "The End of Overeating", and found it both fascinating and disturbing. There's a discussion of the book in the Maintainers forum. Even the short article is eye-opening.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Definitely an interesting read! It does explain some things like why I feel more satisfied eating a homemade meal yet still feeling hungrier with a bigger meal made by one of the chain restaurants.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #4  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Woah! Its so crazy. Sometimes I think to myself. How do these large chain company owners sleep at night? They hire scientists to develop these foods that are going to make us come back. Most people take years and years if ever to end there unhalthy lifestyles and at the end of that road many have dabilitating diseases that are forcing them to be healthy or die. So sad.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #5  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Kessler's book, The End of Overeating, started my successful weight loss journey. I had no idea the enemy that I was fighting so I never brought enough weapons for the war. After reading his book, I knew that I had to check out of the Modern American Diet in some very significant ways and for the rest of my life, if I wanted it to be a long and healthy life. That's when I joined 3FC and started marshalling other resources to make weight loss finally work for me.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote