Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #46  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

I looked at the preview & the picture gallery. I am looking forward to the premiere of the show on the 17th.

Jodi, how did you find out about the show?
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #47  

Height: 5'5

that looks amazing. I can't wait to see it.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #48  
Rock Star

S/C/G: 367/280/160

Height: 5ft.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop1970 View Post
I looked at the preview & the picture gallery. I am looking forward to the premiere of the show on the 17th.

Jodi, how did you find out about the show?
I answered an ad they placed on Craigs List, of all places! lol
It was in the TV Media section. My friend and I were actually looking for where they holding TBL auditions, and came accross an ad for this show instead.
QuailingQuazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Great find. I'm glad it worked for you.

can you tell us more about how it was done, like how many episodes?
is each person in the same episode.

or is it done just in one week and then there are all new people?
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #50  
banned

VERY interested in this show. I will watch anything that has to do with dieting/weight/ect. Yes, and I watch hoarders too (and animal hoarders, but that's a completely different channel).
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #51  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Just saw the trailer...Can't wait to watch it! Looks like REAL people...nothing like BL! I really am in awe of people who despite the long road ahead, persevere and loose such enormous amounts of weights. I started with 60 lbs to lose and it seems like forever for me...I'm totally motivated when I see those folks who have it even harder than I do moving forward and pushing through... I have NO excuse! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 12-24-2010 at 11:07 AM.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #52  
Rock Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Great find. I'm glad it worked for you.

can you tell us more about how it was done, like how many episodes?
is each person in the same episode.

or is it done just in one week and then there are all new people?
In my episode, it will be myself, and Tom, my partner on the show. There were 10 of us in total, so you will see 2 people per episode. Kind of crazy relaly, considering we filmed for nearly 7 months! lol
There are also 10 others in SCarolina I believe, who did a similar program that will be featured in episodes as well. The difference with them is they were in a facility for 6 months. We were only gone for 1 month, then did the rest at home.

I hope people get, from my episode at least, thatbeing on this show was not a fix all for me. Im still fighting myself ever day. Its a struggle, even for those of us who were blessed enough to get this kick start.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #53  

do they give you exercises to do at home or do you have to find your own?

Do they give you a time limit on how much to do each day or that's up to you also?

Did you learn something about eating, your eating habits?

Were they in your face yelling at you in the Gym?

I'm just curious? Nice to have someone on a show who can really say what it's also like to have a camera in your face a lot.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #54  
Magnolia

S/C/G: 283/243/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuailingQuazar View Post
My name is Jodi, sorry it took me so long to respond! I was on the show with Flor Cox, and she is also an amazing woman! My episode will premeir the show on the 17th. Hope you guys are all inspired and touched by what we all went thru, and continue to do so!
omg!!!!!!!!!!!! Jodi!!!!i met you last 4th of july!! how is your journey to a healthier you?! ive been trying to get the word out about the show to as many people as i know, actually next hour i'll be making a little speech in my econimics class!!! i miss everyone, i hope we can meet up all together again! do you have a facebook? ricky added me, can i add you? hope to hear from you. My mom is a beast! shes so confident, but sad that me and my sibling havent been enthused as much as were about losing weight, BUT i am back on the wagon!!! more water less tea!!! you guys are just so encouraging, and i know america will see that too! i cant wait to see the episode, my friends want to make a "Heavy Valentine" party when my moms episode comes on. im ALL for it!!! well hope to hear fro you soon!!!
emmpemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #55  
Rock Star

I hope everyone has their DVRs set to record Heavy on A&E this Monday night!!!!!
My episode will be the premier of the series!!!!
Lots of weird thoughts and feelings about it all!
I guess Im mostly hoping that everyone who sees it is able to see that Im being 100% honest, and totally myself. Im hoping that motivates at least one person out there to make the change for themselves.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #56  

yes, mine is ready. I thought it was the 12 but found it to be monday. Ready. Hope you're ready for questions as I'm sure I'll have some. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:48 AM   #57  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

2 of the people who are featured on the show were on Good Morning America on Friday morning.

I really liked what they said about the show. It was very inspirational. I look forward to the show.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #58  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey Jodi... I watched the show last night, mostly because I've followed this thread, I am really not into reality TV. I had to admit it had me interested. I felt a real personal connection to you because of the forum (even if I hadn't posted on this thread before). The show and what I've gone through with my own weight made me really empathize with you. When you were crying in the washroom I just wanted to run up and give you a big hug I hope things have continued to improve with your family and that you're still doing well weight wise. You have a very nice voice... have you been on stage again? What happened with Tom and the girl you set him up with? Are you still in touch with him?

Take care... you rock!
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #59  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Jodi--you look amazing!

I have about a thousand questions for you, but if you're willing to answer just a couple, I'd be thrilled.

- Was the facility as nice as it looked? When Tom said he'd have to go back there if he showed a gain, I told my husband, "I think I'd gain a few pounds just to go back there--it's gorgeous!"

- How much emphasis was there on food intake and portion control throughout the six months? I noticed a major emphasis on exercise in the show, but I know that's only part of the equation.

- How do you feel about the editing of the show as someone who lived through the whole months-long experience? Do you feel they did a good job of condensing everything down?

- How's Tom doing, if you're still in touch with him?

I hope things are going well for you on the home front. You really look lovely and you were clearly having a blast being back on stage. Thanks again for giving us some extra insight into an already fascinating show!
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #60  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Jodi, I really enjoyed watching you last night. I think that we could very easily be bff's in real life. I love your sense of humor. And I find that when pushed by others I react much like you did. I am also dealing with my mom. She just sold her farm and is considering moving to my town. I have really mixed feelings about it as our relationship is rather one sided--meaning she thinks we're alot closer than I think we are. My DH and DS are not thrilled with the prospect but her financial situation make her choices very limited.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote