What veggie do you STILL hate?

You're on Page 7 of 35
Go to
  • The only veg I don't like is the evil mushroom. I think I pretty much like all other veggies...including brussel sprouts, beets, eggplant, etc.
  • Quote: Brussel sprouts -- just smelling them make me feel sick!

Cauliflower & beets... almost as bad, but not quite!
    LANULA is my long lost sister, separated at birth. Those are my three, and in that order.
  • EGGPLANT. I have tried so many times. And raw tomato--I can eat it cooked, but hate it raw!

Jessie
  • Quote: EGGPLANT. I have tried so many times. And raw tomato--I can eat it cooked, but hate it raw!

Jessie

:chasing after jess with an eggplant..: You HAD to know I'd see this.
  • Okra Is Evil
    I have to agree with the other Okra haters on here... it gets gluey and snotty... argh, the most hoffible veggie ever grown! What was the guy upstairs thinking when he put this one together? argh.
    Laure
  • How about I tell you which ones I do like? The list is shorter:P
    I like corn,carrots,lettuce,and tomatoes--if you consider it a vegetable. I don't like cauliflower,celery,artichoke,brussel sprouts,and DEFINITELY not mushrooms!
  • I will NOT touch zuccini or turnips Not a chance!
  • Brussel Sprouts definitely and i am not a big fan of beets either. All other veggies are fine with me.
  • I hate all veggies! I know, I know, I need to eat them to loose weight. I do enjoy carrots, corn, potatos, and lima beans
  • I'm shocked by all of the people that don't like beets! I LOVE them. Though to be honest, I've only had them pickled, or in Harvard Beets which are also sweet and tart. I've run across a lot of recipes lately for roasted beets, that are then used in hearty salads or even sliced onto sandwiches. I think it might be worth exploring.

Jessie, I don't like regular tomatoes raw, most taste bitter to me. I love the smaller varieties such as grape tomatoes or those fancy deep red cluster tomatoes.
  • I won't eat mushrooms. I can tolerate just about any other veggie. I'm still not fond of brocolli or cauliflower, but I'll eat them if they're in something else. But mushrooms - blech!!!

I've been suprised recently by veggies that I never tried before that I now love. Spaghetti squash is my newest discovery. I had never had it (to my knowledge) before two nights ago. That's some tasty stuff!!!
  • I don't like cooked beets, but I like them pickled. I've tried to like them, but I can't stand asparagus or artichokes. I love spring and summer when I can go to our local farmer's market and get all those fresh veggies.

Terina
  • I like almost any veggie, but there’s just a couple that I will never like: celery and turnips. I’m not crazy about beets and anything pickled is definitely off the list, but just about any other veg I’ve found can be prepared in some way that I will enjoy.
  • I’m sorry I didn’t mean turnips, those are the rutabaga type things. I meant radishes! They look so pretty but I just don’t like the texture or the taste.
  • Brussel sprouts (puke city) and mushrooms (do they have to be SO darned slimey!)