Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 05:42 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I love nearly all vegetables. Even the ones I don't like, I could still eat, they just aren't what I would choose.

Least preferred:

Raw/cooked cauliflower
Raw broccoli (must be cut into little pieces, cooked is fine)
Lima beans
Green peppers

Most preferred:

Tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, carrots, red peppers, steamed broccoli, garlic, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, sugar snap peas, basil, spinach, lentils
Old 08-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Carrots......I am considered weird in my family because I cant stand them. I have tried them in ranch ,cooked , in salad but each is a strike out. I guess the only way I will eat them is if they are boiled . When it comes down to it, the only carrot I like is a dancing one!!!! - JJ
Old 10-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #138  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile

Well, for me it's easier just to list all of the veggies that I do like (or that I can at least stand to eat)...and it's not many.

Raw Carrots
Green Beans
Peas
Corn
Fried Okra
Black Eyed Peas ...or wait, they're not veg, are they? Oh well.
Oh, and um, does lettuce count? LOL

Old 03-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #139  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

I love all vegetables, except the real sweet ones like yams and watermelon.
I hate sweet things. I have a real hard time eating FRUITS except for sour apples. Fruit to me smells like rotting garbage in a dumpster. And I don't want one single cell of strawberry anywhere near my mouth.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #140  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

brussel sprouts are a NO GO for me! yuck!! and cooked peas and carrots. I really can not stomach them at all. I can eat sugar snap peas and raw carrots though. I love most vegetables, but these three need to stay as far away from me as possible!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:45 AM   #141  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Zucchini, squash, eggplant, okra, and turnips are all definates, either cooked or raw. Yuck! And as hard as I've tried, I just can't seem to get past the smell and strong taste of most dark leafy greens like mustard and collards. I love the spring field greens though, go figure. LOL
Old 03-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #142  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKIE88 View Post
I had to laugh when I found this (thread/ forum). I have been posting on 3FC for several YEARS now and I am still DISCOVERING new Forums here on 3FC.

I am relieved to know that I am not the ONLY one who stands in front of my Freezer and Stares at the bags of Frozen Veggies trying to talk myself into pulling one of them out. It is not that I HATE Veggies -- I don't hate them. I can even enjoy them (when they magically appear in front of me on my plate).

It is just that Veggies don't seem to satisfy my "Head Hunger" They are not "comfort foods" to me. Especially without butter or sauces on them. They don't CALL out to me from my Freezer

So I mainly eat them when I am being "good". But I usually do not CRAVE them. I envy those that do crave them.
--Pookie
I feel the same exact way. Although I like most vegetables, I'd much rather have that pita sandwich or that turkey burger. Or even a big salad rather than just a pile of veggies.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #143  
McPheever! Yey!

Height: 5'4"

I still hate green leafy vegetables. I don't even like lettuce. I'm so weird!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #144  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

cooked green peppers, so I just use red everywhere, brussel sprouts, beets, cooked cauliflower, anything overcooked
Old 03-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #145  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

Most things I'll eat if they're part of a soup or something, but not mushrooms. I detest mushrooms. They taste like dirt.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:30 AM   #146  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Veggies I'm pretty sure I don't like:
  • Brussels sprouts. I'm honestly not sure if I've ever tried them, but I've smelled them.
  • Avocado. Last time I tried guacamole, I hated it. However, now that I know avocados are full of fat, I'm tempted to give them another shot.
  • Winter squashes. This one I'm definite on! I gave acorn another try a month ago and ick! Sweet mealy vegetables are very iffy for me. I've just begun easing into sweet potatoes after having loathed them all my life in candied/drowning in sugar form—with salt and spices baked as fries. Pumpkin is still on the iffy list too, though of course I enjoy it baked in things.
  • Lima beans. That mealy thing again. Hey! Guacamole is mealy too! I'm sensing a pattern…
Unusual vegetables that I adore:
- Parsnips. Which is odd, because, cooked properly, they are sweet AND mealy.
- Beets. Raw, cooked, and PICKLED! How can one not love that gorgeous color?
- Kohlrabi. You know how people describe jicama as like a cross between potato and apple? Kohlrabi is like a cross between cabbage and apple.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:34 AM   #147  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

Oh, and I hate rhubarb. It makes me gag just to think about it. Blech!
Old 03-24-2007, 01:04 AM   #148  

Height: 5' 7"

Under sufferance I will eat BRUSSEL SPROUTS but really don't like them at all. I have tried them in all sorts of ways, lightly steamed, boiled (and even cut the base with a "X" which is meant to let the bitterness out) added sugar......still far too bitter for me. Even had them with lemon and butter on them. YUCKY BIG TIME.

I love most of my vegies but am not a big fan of things like broad beans, kidney beans etc. Love normal green beans though.

Jennylee
Old 03-24-2007, 01:44 AM   #149  
LLV

Quote:
Linda 'LLV"

Congrats on being SO CLOSE to your goal You must feel great.
Thank you!

Quote:
And your idea of a Turkey Burger and a Salad actually sounds very good to me right now! That would also be a satisfying good choice for me to order the next time my Friends are STUFFING themselves with bad food choices in a restaurant ( and they always Moan with pleasure when eating of course). I'll just have to remember to have the salad dressing "on the side" so they don't drench the salad in dressing. Thanks, Pookie
I love turkey burgers and big salads!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:55 AM   #150  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I am so fortunate that I love most vegetables. Although I don't like most of them raw. And I do find myself gravitating towards them instead of other foods. Very fortunate indeed.

The only way I'll eat eggplant is dipped in egg and then breadcrumbs and then fried and covered with sauce and cheese. Soooo, that one's kinda out of contention. I don't care for okra much either. I'm not too sure what to do with turnips or rutabagga and that kind of stuff.
Closed Thread