Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:43 AM   #1  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Eat to Live Again: Week 3

Good morning everyone. This is it for me, I'm mad as **** and I'm not going to take it anymore! I WILL eat healthy. I WILL be active regularly. I WILL start living my life the way I want! The husband of a friend died of a heart attack Saturday night. He was 63. His last day at work was this past Thursday and we had a retirement party set for this coming Saturday night. My husband and I had dinner with them and other friends last weekend and made plans for future travels together. Folks, we don't know when we'll leave this world so let's do what it takes to enjoy our lives while we can. For me, that means taking care of my and my family's health so that we are able to get out of the house for fun times together. Spend time with someone you love today!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:19 PM   #2  

Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. What a terrible shock. You are right that we need to take care of ourselves NOW.

I have not been doing well in this area lately, but yesterday I bought veggies for salad and organic oranges to snack on, so perhaps there is hope.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

Honey I’m home. Sorry I haven’t been around in a while my mom fell last Thursday and I have been with her in the hospital ever since. Needless to say my diet went right out the window I Have had no time to do any thing. The good news is she is on the mend and will be going into a recovery center in the next few days. My boss has agreed to let me work part time so I can be with her when my brother is away. Anyway I hope to get back on plan as soon as I can. The good news is I learnt how bad SAD food makes me feel. And I can’t wait to get back on track. It’s just an emotional thing right now. My dad dies 6 doors down from where my mom is now and I was afraid of losing her too. Anyway I look forward to reading your guys posts and find out how your all doing.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggbdomino
Honey I’m home. Sorry I haven’t been around in a while my mom fell last Thursday and I have been with her in the hospital ever since. Needless to say my diet went right out the window I Have had no time to do any thing. The good news is she is on the mend and will be going into a recovery center in the next few days. My boss has agreed to let me work part time so I can be with her when my brother is away. Anyway I hope to get back on plan as soon as I can. The good news is I learnt how bad SAD food makes me feel. And I can’t wait to get back on track. It’s just an emotional thing right now. My dad dies 6 doors down from where my mom is now and I was afraid of losing her too. Anyway I look forward to reading your guys posts and find out how your all doing.

I'm sorry for how stressful everything is right now. Take care of yourself, ok?
Old 07-20-2006, 12:11 PM   #5  

I saw my PCOS doc yesterday, and she told me that losing weight/gaining muscle mass may help my medication work, so I've GOT to start exercising... waaaaaah!!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #6  
Healthy Living

Man, when sucky news rains, it pours!
Old 07-22-2006, 11:58 AM   #7  

ok I need to get back on track my mom is doing better and recuperating in a nusering home but we'll get her out in a few weeks. thanks for all your kind wishes.

Breakfast
1 tall carmel frapachino (bad G)
1 roman letuse leaf with natural PB
1/2 of a breakfast barito (SP?)

Lunch veggy soup
rasberries, strawberries
2 cups mixed greens with tomatoes and low fat vinigerett (not ETL)

Dinner not sure

So how is everyone? have a great day
Old 07-22-2006, 08:05 PM   #8  

Hi. I need to get back on track. I feel lousy, my asthma and blood pressure are acting up again. I'm seeing another doctor, because, even though I'm doing badly, my doctor wants to cut back my asthma meds, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. I'm having difficulty exercising, singing, and generally feel fatigued. I might even consult Dr. F himself, I read on the PCRM site that longterm vegans reduce their asthma to a degree at least. Anyway, I'm making veggie broth, and got stuff for salad. I'm gonna go back through old threads, and see what people have been eating, I'd love some interesting recipe ideas. Take care, everyone.
Amie
Old 07-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #9  

good morning sunshine I hope very one is doing well. Amie sorrey to here you are not doing well I hope you feel better soon. I know they have phone consultaions with Dr.F on his web site I belive there like 245 an hour with an aditional fallow up call that like 65 or something you can go check it out.
Today I'm going to a resterant with my friends for one's birthday. We are going to Magianioes(Sp?) it's an itaian resterant. wish me luck I need to get off about 3 pounds by wednesday just to be the same as last time I weighed ya I gained a few LBS oh well stress and me do not go well together. have a good day.

G
Old 07-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #10  

Hi, Gggbdomino. That seems expensive to me, thanks for the info. Good luck with your restaurant. Sorry to hear about your stress level lately.
Food has been vegan but not ETL. Breakfast, Amy's breakfast burrito and a peach, lunch, veggie burger on a bun with veganaise, lettuce, tomato baby carrots, and grapes. In a quandry as to what to make, I saw a recipe for spicy lentils that looked good. Tomorrow, I'm gonna call the allergy and asthma centers listed in the phone book, and see what they say. Will probably go for a walk later, because sitting on my butt is killing me, I need to move. I may go see a friend play piano at his piano bar job, later, then to an AA meeting.
Amie
Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #11  

Apparently, it's quite possible to eat badly as a vegan. I've been doing a good job of that lately... but no more salt and vinegar chips for me, it's back to the salads. And I'm going to exercise. really. *cry*
Old 07-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #12  
Healthy Living

Okay ladies. I've missed being here. It seems like we're all stressed and busy with our lives. I've been... well, frankly, I don't know if I've been eating healthy or not. It's been too long since I've been here. I'm not focussing very well it seems. Gonna start a new thread and see if anyone responds!
Closed Thread