Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #1  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Question what should i do?

I have a classmate who is always bothering me about my vegetarianism. i've told him to cut the bull**** but he doesn't shut up. i'm afraid one day i'll blow up at him and make a fool of myself. any suggestions to what i should do?
thanks
Old 05-07-2006, 04:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/141/125

Default What should you do?

You shouldn't have to do anything. You are the one that is making a great choice. You recognize that vegetarian diets can be a very healthy option and that there are alternatives to a diet high in meat intake. Who cares if he doesn't get it? He's the one that's going to have to deal with his own health. I think you'll find that if you stop reacting to it he'll get bored of it. I would just pretend you don't even hear him and just smile on the inside because you are way stronger than he is!
Old 05-07-2006, 07:06 AM   #3  

Just ignore him or if you flip keep cool.

I had this guy I know telling me I was stupid for being veggie I reduced him to going well meats better in about 2 seconds and he just looked like an idiot.. As long as you aren't preachy about it you should be able to eat whatever you like.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Try putting him on the spot, and asking him why he cares so much what you eat?

Or be crazy sarcastic and say, "I ate a big hunk of meat last night, so now you can leave me alone - Who knew dog tasted so good? So do you have any pets?"
Old 05-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #5  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

thanks everyone! those are really great suggestions. i will try each and every one. i just hate that we live in a world where people are bothering others about personal decisions that don't affect them at all.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #6  

he feels threatened by your decision. i would just ignore him.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 74.6/67.5/56 or 165/149/124

Height: 5'5 1/2

I think your friend is just trying to take out his undealt aggression on you, to make him feel superior or better in some twisted way. If he can make you feel low, then it will boost his ego. My family still mocks me and offers me ham after 10 years, and it just proves their ignorance and inconsideration. Strangely enough my family has lots of health problems, and I'm the only one still kicking hard and strong. Strange they don't see that. I believe in the power of tofu and broccoli. And Japanese people are the healthiest in the world and they eat mainly fish, seaweed and tofu, no red meat involved really. Just stand strong, and eat what you want. It's your body and your life.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

San - geeze, that's annoying! You would think they would have gotten over it after 10 years

I don't understand why people even care what other people eat- it's not like it affects them any.

The staff at a place I used to work at used to comment on my lunches in the staff room. I brought a salad almost everyday, veggies and dip and fruit - nothing weird about that is there? And yet every day someone would comment : "Do you think your salad is big enough?" "Salad again?" "are you on a diet?" Grrr! I just like salad- get over it!

I just kept saying "Well it beats the food at the food court downstairs" as they all got gross, greasy take out from the food court in our building. After about a month they finally gave up trying to get a rise out of me.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #9