Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #1  
ugggg.....

Default Nut cheeses

A vegan friend gave me some recipies for homemade nut cheeses, but I am wondering about the fat intake of them. What have any of you found--is it worth the change or should I just limit my intake of low-fat regular cheese?
Old 01-07-2006, 05:27 PM   #2  
Opulent

Well, as a vegan I can come up with pages of information and reasons why avoiding animal products (and cheese in particular) is a better choice! Are you asking if they taste like cow cheese? They don't really. Are they delicious, envioronmentally friendly, cruelty-free, choloesterol-free and (usually) low or free from saturated fats? Yes
Old 01-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

I actually have several vegan friends and my husband was raised vegetarian. I actually like the nut chesses that my friend makes. Especially the one that goes on her spelt pizza crust. Another person had told me that the nuts make the cheese higher in fat and calories than regular cheese--which is the reason even though she is vegetartian --she is not vegan.
I am not a big milk person ever but am switching to soy milk for my cereal. I may be converted yet.....have been checking out the tofu recipies on site--afraid I will mess it up.. but I guess I just have to try.
Closed Thread