Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 08:21 PM   #1  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Default how have your tastes changed?

Just curious whether other people have experienced with regard to changes in taste, if you used to eat meat.

I can't stand the taste of meat anymore.

Now I prefer whole grains.

I crave fruits.

Soy milk tastes a lot better than cow milk.

Pastries cooked with eggs taste greasy.

...A vegan friend of mine said that when she cut out refined sugar, her tastes changed so that now sugar tastes way too sweet.

Anybody else?
Old 12-10-2005, 01:39 AM   #2  
Opulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBJ333
I can't stand the taste of meat anymore.
Does this mean you have gone vegetarian?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:11 PM   #3  
I like jewelry.

Oh, I've been veggie for going on three years... maybe that wasn't clear?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:56 AM   #4  
takin it one lb at a time

i've been vegan for a while now.. and i've deffinately noticed a change. i think the biggest was with cheese. i use to adore cheese.. then when i stopped eating it i craved it for a little bit, then a while back i tried it again.. just to see if i still liked it... and it was so weird! As for meat... i never really could stand red meat to begin with so i can't really tell ya how it's changed, lol.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #5  
Vegan in Training

I've hardly ever eaten red meat in my life, because growing up my parents were both vegan and it was never in the house.

I think the last instant where I decided to become vegetarian was when I was in a restaurant with my usual plate of prawns and pasta (I used to *love* prawns and shrimp) and I stopped and realized that each prawn was like a whole animal. And that made me feel strange. Since then, I basically haven't eaten any animals. For a short time, a few years ago, I tried to get used to eating fish and/or poultry again because I was under the delusion that I wasn't getting enough protein (I had become underweight for the wrong reasons... complicated story).. but I didn't like it. I didn't know how to make anything, because I've never done that for myself.

So, for me, I guess my tastes haven't changed because they were never there in the first place.

I do notice, however, that I have different tastes than other people. I used to LOVE cheesy pizza, but I look at it now and it looks like a greasy mess. I even remember when I was a young kid, I wouldn't eat salad and would fight with my parents every night when they prepared it for me. Maybe I was just being stubborn, or a just *being a kid), but now I love salad... if it's well prepared, anyway.

Another thing is that for a while I had cut out tall soda (now I have diet soda sometimes, though), and I remember when I drank it again, my stomach would get cramps from the carbonation or something.

(sorry for a bit of rambling )
Old 12-16-2005, 09:06 PM   #6  
Eat less, taste more

S/C/G: 179/166/128

Its funny because the reason I am eating less meat is because my tastes changed.

I'm still not totally veggie but I can go days without eating any meat because I'm not in the mood for it. And thats really funny because I really liked meat up until a few months ago. And in my head I still like meat...like I'll be thinking "mmm...steak, that would be good" and I'll make steak with the intention of eating it with my family and two bites in I'll give mine to my husband and go grab more salad.

Casey
Old 12-22-2005, 04:08 AM   #7  

Default Yay for veggiematerians

I've been a vegetarian my whole life.
I've found that I really don't enjoy icecream anymore, it's just too much. Another thing I've found, fake cheese when tasted after real cheese tastes disgusting. After a few months without cheese it suddenly seems to taste like cheddar
I'm pretty much a vegan now, and I think I'm healthier for it. Another thing about being a veggie- great skin
Old 12-26-2005, 03:21 PM   #8  
I like jewelry.

Yeah, skin is so much happier. And when I eat a lot of plant protein, my hair and nails grow really fast. Yay, healthy food.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:52 AM   #9  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

I noticed change just the other day. I used to eat meat all the time. Red meat. T-bone steaks. Things I currently feel terrible about. Then I became a Pesco-vegetarian. I've been at it for maybe a half a year now. The other day my father was cooking himself a steak and the smell of it made me feel physically ill. It was strange, I used to love that smell. I also find that I'm liking the soy milks more than the regular milks. I kept thinking it was a guilty conscience.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:36 PM   #10  
I like jewelry.

Ditto with soy milk. At first, the aftertaste is nasty. But now, cow's milk tastes bland and watery!
Closed Thread