Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 10:00 PM   #1  

Talking Wanna-Be

Hey I'm 17 years old and want to become a vegitarian because i care about animals and think its crewl what they do to them. I subscribed to the peta kids thing that is about vegitarian stuff but when i want meat (which isnt very often) i really want it. is there any suggestions anyone could give me about vegitarian foods. i might also add that i am a picky eater. go figure right. hope u can help
Old 10-23-2005, 12:32 AM   #2  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Well, it depends on whether you are the type of person who can give something up right away or whether it takes time for you to adjust. You could try giving up meat a certain number of days per week, or give yourself one day a month when you can have meat. Eventually you will eat less and less meat.

Don't eat meat substitutes and think that they should taste just like meat. Foods like veggie burgers and fake chicken patties aren't ever going to taste the same as birds and cows. When you try a veggie burger, instead of thinking, "Does this taste like cow meat?", ask yourself, "Do I like how it tastes?" Once you stop expecting veggie foods to taste like meat, you will be able to enjoy more of them.

Good luck!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:01 AM   #3  
redhead veggie

You can try to wean yourself off things one by one.

Start with steak. Go a month without eating steak, per se. Or all red meat.

Then poultry. Then fish.

Make sure you're substituting lots of healthy foods in there while you're doing it!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:40 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi and welcome!

Here are a couple of threads that may help you out

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41847

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34314
Old 11-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

I am not a big meat eater... it's something I have thought about.... well I like veggies! lol
Closed Thread