Old 05-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #1  
Vegan for the animals.

Default Weight Watchers For Vegans?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone vegan or vegetarian had experience with WW. I realize I need some kind of help. I don't, however want to be treated as an anomaly. I'm not.

I have called the national number. But every question elicited the same reply: "I can sign you up right now!" Which was a bit of a turn off. I may just go into the local office here.

Any experiences? Thank you.
VegDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi. I'm wondering where you live? I live in N. California and am a receptionist for WW. We have quite a few vegetarian members and some vegan too. We have a handout specifically for vegetarians. The WW site also has information/support for vegetarians and vegans. So, yes... I feel like you would get the support you are looking for.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #3  
Vegan for the animals.

traveling michele, thanks so much for your answer. I wanted to tell you my exact town in a private message but I don't see that ability. I too am in Northern California.

I will check in to the local office here.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #4  
Vegan for the animals.

Thanks modkittn, I'm very aware that I eat too many bad for me foods. I'm not a junk food vegan but I do stress eat. And I love chips. And sweets. I'm very familiar with Isa's books and Appetite for Reduction is in my Amazon cart now.

I'm going to go into the local office here. It does sound as if the plan works no matter what you eat. A concern for me is being treated like a strange anomaly because I am vegan. I'm beyond having tolerance for that. (I've put up with blatant harassement at work. Or I should say I don't put up with it anymore) So I'm hoping the people in the office will be nice. And understanding. I think people are starting to realize not all vegans are skinny. I've been vegan 5 1/2+ years.

I've also been looking at recipes on fatfree.com and vegweb for a long time.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegDay View Post
traveling michele, thanks so much for your answer. I wanted to tell you my exact town in a private message but I don't see that ability. I too am in Northern California.

I will check in to the local office here.
You should be able to send a PM to me but I don't see where you are set up so I can't send you one. Perhaps because you are new? Otherwise it may be something in your settings. I was just wondering if you are close to me.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #6  
Vegan for the animals.

I found out I can't PM until I've been registered for 20 days or have 20 posts. I'll have to wait. When I can PM, I'll send you a note. Thanks again.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/161.8/159

Height: 5'9

Chiming in here, I've been a lacto-ovo 'tarian since 1990 and I lost over 40lbs using Weight Watchers. No problems at all, in fact, it worked great for me! I kept it off for something like 3-4 years, too. If I had the $ I'd be in WW now!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/199/170

Height: 5'10"

This is a blog written by a vegan WW client, and she posts a lot of her meal plans and recipes:

http://www.sherylyvette.com/
anna ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #9  

I'm new to eating raw/vegan, but I've been on WW for 8 weeks. As soon as I switched to eating raw this week, I realized that I don't eat all of my daily, weekly, and activity points anymore. I think because WW uses so many 0 point values for fruits and veggies, it is actually a perfect way to track.

Like I said, I'm very new to this. But so far, they seem to work very well together.
RealtorOnABike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/149.5/140

Height: 5'6''

I'm a vegan Weight Watcher! The two work very well together. Most whole vegan foods are low in PointsPlus, which means that I get to eat a lot and still lose weight. :-)
NewGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #11  

kindlifeofleah.blogspot.com

This is a link to my blog that is about my journey as a vegan WW-er!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #12  
Vegan for the animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGirl24 View Post
kindlifeofleah.blogspot.com

This is a link to my blog that is about my journey as a vegan WW-er!
Thanks so much. I just bookmarked your blog.

I'm yet to get over to the WW office.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:56 AM   #13  
Vegan for the animals.

I finally made it over to the WW office and have decided not to join. I'm not good at group things and the lady was really not very helpful. I'm just afraid it's going to be one of those things that ends up a waste of money. Plus the meeting times did not work for my schedule.

Thank you all for your input. I may just start a weight ticker here and try to go on my own.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #14  

Before you completely give up on WW, I suggest trying their online program. I'm not into group things, either, so I'm an online member. It's only about $17 a month, and you get a lot of information and helpful trackers plus an awesome online community through the message boards, challenges, and blogs.

I think that you can sign up for a week free, too! Just something to think about.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #15  
Vegan for the animals.

I've thought of doing the online. I'll see how it goes and perhaps join if I feel I need a little (or a lot) more motivation. Thanks.