Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 04:35 AM   #16  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwaitingChange View Post
Isn't that putting too much sugar into your diet?
I'm not really a biology expert or anything, but I'm pretty sure the sugars in fruit are okay for you, as they're natural sugars. Not the same as downing cake. =P

That said... I've read that this diet is very dangerous. By all means, cut out the processed crap. But... does that mean you wouldn't eat something like spinach? I would love to hear more about it from someone who had actually been practicing this for some time, and my opinion is certainly changeable, but at the moment, I am pretty convinced that you cannot get all of your nutrients from fruits (even if you include things like zucchini and tomato).
Old 07-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkaleidoscopic View Post
I'm not really a biology expert or anything, but I'm pretty sure the sugars in fruit are okay for you, as they're natural sugars. Not the same as downing cake. =P

That said... I've read that this diet is very dangerous. By all means, cut out the processed crap. But... does that mean you wouldn't eat something like spinach? I would love to hear more about it from someone who had actually been practicing this for some time, and my opinion is certainly changeable, but at the moment, I am pretty convinced that you cannot get all of your nutrients from fruits (even if you include things like zucchini and tomato).
The 80/10/10 diet is considered a fruitarian diet and I've not read that it is dangerous. As I said earlier in the thread, from what I've read of fruitarian diets, it consists of a high botanical fruit diet but also includes non-fruits. I've read stories of people who have followed it for many years. It isn't a diet that I would want to follow though.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #18  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
The 80/10/10 diet is considered a fruitarian diet and I've not read that it is dangerous. As I said earlier in the thread, from what I've read of fruitarian diets, it consists of a high botanical fruit diet but also includes non-fruits. I've read stories of people who have followed it for many years. It isn't a diet that I would want to follow though.
Oh, okay, I didn't realize there was an allowance for other things. I had read that it was literally strictly fruit!
Closed Thread