Old 04-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #1  

Default Vegan Cake

So I am a vegan and have been for ten years. I never realy had trouble with weight until recently when I moved to an extremely vegan friendly town and stopped exercising. There were all the pitfalls of 'regular' eating around that was never really an option for me before (e.g.; muffins, cakes, fatty foods etc) and I piled on the pounds--about 20-30--in a short space of time. I was really unhappy with this situation so have determined to get my body back. This means sacrifices in what I can and can't eat. However, I was really depressed today because my mom went out and bought me a vegan chocolate cake. I love this cake, it is my favorite and cake is kind of my downfall-food. My mom knows I am on a diet and really unhappy with my weight so I am kind of pissed that she would do that but I also feel really guilty that she went out and bought something she knows I like to try and make me feel better and I can't accept it. I don't really know how to deal with this situation.
russekvegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/158.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry your mom did that. Maybe she thought it would be okay for your diet because it is vegan...you never know! Anyway, you might want to cut it into slices and freeze it. If you wrap it in several layers (freezer paper, plastic wrap, aluminum foil) it might keep better. Then you can save it for later, when you feel a little more comfortable with your weight, and eat it a little at a time.
KindyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

I second the suggestion about the freezing. In my experience, chocolate cake freezes very well.

I don't know what your relationship with your mom is like, but you might try initiating a conversation about your goals and what you're trying to minimize in your diet right now. If she likes to nurture you through food, you might also give her some suggestions of what you'd like to eat right now. That way she wouldn't have to stop giving you little food gifts and you wouldn't have to worry about having delicious cake right under your nose!
betsysunqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:12 AM   #4  

Thank you guys for your replies and support. It diffused the situation a lot just for me to be able to write it down. I have taken your advice and am looking forward to keeping my diet on track. Thanks again!
russekvegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #5  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

I have been vegan since Jan and since then I lost about 20lbs in the first two months as of now I have put back on about 5lbs. I think this is due to me straying a bit from a whole foods approach and no excercise. I need to keep my hands out of the chip bag.
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote