Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #16  
it's always something

I tried the shake. It wasn't bad! I used blueberries, almond milk (unsweetened vanilla), a half banana, 3 cups baby spinach, and a handful of frozen raspberries to make it colder. I was so deep purple that it was almost black. There's only the very slightest hint of "green" flavor to it, which is more refreshing than off-putting. I could do this again!

SoulBliss, I think it could be easy to undereat on this diet because such large quantities of vegetables are so filling, yet so low in calories. I've been tracking everything in FitDay to make sure I eat enough calories. I've also been surprised by the other data it provides, such as I'm getting at least 50 grams of fiber every day

I'll look forward to hearing about your meals, it really helps to see what others are doing. Good luck!!
Old 05-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

hello I thought I posted yesterday. Oh well I've been doing well I was about 98 % yesterday and today the only thing I slipped on was soda. I'm really addicted to the stuff. but other then that everything was ETL. I think I like the blended salads best that have banana's in it. it gives it a nice tast. I hope you all are doing well.

maureen
Old 05-18-2007, 08:05 PM   #18  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Hello Ladies! Hope all had a good day

I am hungry and need to make something to eat before I grab a Cliff Bar or something else off plan, so this will be short:

Today I had a grapefruit in the morning and for lunch I had a serving of tofu and rice and several servings of broccoli

Now, I need to eat before I go crazy! I feel the headache threatening to creep in, so off I go.

Ciao
Old 05-18-2007, 08:56 PM   #19  
Finding My Bliss

Okay, so I didn't cook anything...I had a grapefruit and a serving of almonds.

I'll have some raw carrots and then steamed broccoli and then I am done for today

Orrrrr I'll revise this because I gave in and had a plain bean burrito

I need to eat my calories in a more balanced way throughout the day so I don't feel so hungry in the evening.

Oh well, at least it was still a reasonable amount of calories for the day! (Under 1,600)

I'll do better tomorrow!

Last edited by SoulBliss; 05-19-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #20  
it's always something

I'm not 100% ETL, but I'm eating tons of veggies and zero meat or dairy

Maybe we should just rename this the Vegan thread and see what happens
Old 05-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #21  
Finding My Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
I'm not 100% ETL, but I'm eating tons of veggies and zero meat or dairy

Maybe we should just rename this the Vegan thread and see what happens
You know, I would love that

I love eating vegan only, focusing on whole foods and mainly eating veggies and fruits. I have no problems staying on plan that way

I am doing so much better with my eating but the added restriction of not having healthy vegan foods because they aren't "on plan" is stressing me out. I am learning to be flexible with myself and so I am allowing myself to not look at myself as a "flake" for changing my mind about following the plan 100%.

What I AM doing is staying under 2,000 calories a day, varying them from time to time and exercising more and more.

Part of doing this right this time, for me, is to be realistic and not extreme. So, I look at what I am doing right and feel good about it!

Yes, I had a plain bean burrito and flour tortilla last night, but I didn't have it with guacamole, potatoes (fried!) and I didn't eat two! Also, I stayed within my calorie "budget".

Yay, veggies!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:29 PM   #22  

Mind if I join in? I've been feeling listless lately, and have gained 20 pounds on top of it all. Since summer is coming, I wanna eat all the fruits and veggies. I've never been able to last more than a couple weeks as a vegan either. I'd like to change that.
Amie
Old 05-19-2007, 10:41 PM   #23  
it's always something

Welcome to our vegan group

I can't swear I'll be 100% vegan. I'm just not that dedicated to anything But I really want to eat vegan most of the time.
Closed Thread