UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:28 PM   #16  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I definitely seem to feel the cold more. But then again it's nicer in summer without the extra weight.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:31 PM   #17  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Well if you all feel the cold and you're all little now, God only help me when I shed some of these pounds, I'm always cold if it's under 80 degrees, right big pansy I am...
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:51 AM   #18  

I don't mean to get all Oprah Winfrey on your ***, but i've found that even though I was depressed when over weight, because I ate for comfort, to squash bad feelings, not having that comfort can sometimes be physically quite hard.
I got upset the other day, where as I would normally fill my face, instead I just let myself feel more and more upset, until I just sat there blubbing. For half an hour. Exhausting! But I didn't binge.
Anyway, i'm trying to say even though i'm fitter, i've had more mood swings, and tearfulness, since not always turning to food.
God, I don't know if this is drivel, posting it anyway!
bigbonedlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:56 AM   #19  

BBL - you are right about the face or arse thing. This is why -if I am so lucky as to lose any weight- I would not go mad. If I look alright as a size 16 - there I would stay or 14 at the most. To be honest I do not think I would look good very slim -and here I rofl! - I cannot imagine at the moment that I could get slim - I am finding it really hard at the moment. Not motivated at all.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:02 AM   #20  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Chris - have you always been a cold person or is it because of living for a while in a hot climate?

BBL, I used to comfort eat a lot. (TBH, I just ate all the time!) I hate crying because it just seems to make me feel worse so nowadays when I get down in the dumps I get physically active - go for a walk, do some cleaning, tidy up the garden, strip wallpaper - anything that makes me mucky and takes me away from food.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:06 AM   #21  

Its true peacock, after a point, Body mass index, dress sizes, can be total crap. I have a big frame, and have built up alot of muscle, this will never be truly reflected in numbers.
If you look and feel healthy at a size 16, stay there I say.
Keep at it duckie.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:06 AM   #22  

Yea h I would say go for a walk - but not if you are already blubbing!

Paint your nails (cannot open choccie bar if painting nails - as I have found!).
Old 11-29-2006, 05:09 AM   #23  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Oh - EXCELLENT idea!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:10 AM   #24  

BBL - don't want to give you the wrong impression - I am not a size 16 - yet! I was an 18 but had to remove a skirt I was going to wear today as it would not do up. However I am happy to wear my elasticated waist skirt from Monsoon which is a dark wine colour and really for going out - but needs must. I will just pretend I am going out later on... No at the monment I can only fit streeeeeetchy 18's and have very little 20's in my wardrobe and don't want to add any more!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:11 AM   #25  

yup, I know, i walk a lot, used my bike this morning. It was one of those things, not great, i felt really bad, but atleast i didn't feel doubly bad about binging.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:14 AM   #26  

I know, I just meant WHEN you get to around that size, and if it feels right, stay there. I wanted to be a size 8, but I realise this would mean having no breasts, and a face like i'd been in a concentration camp.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:09 AM   #27  

When I get really mad or down or something I like to walk. I put on my IPOD and walk for hours, the music helps me relax. Then if I eat something bad I don't really care much.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #28  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Sarah - I don't know if living in AZ for those years made me feel colder else where... I've always loved the heat, when we moved from AZ to NJ (which can be very cold in the winter) I was always moaning about being cold...and we went back to AZ in October, which is when it starts to cool down under 100 degrees and around 70 at night, and I felt cold there too...

I'm not doing to bad here so far, although we've had the heat on since Oct, set at 70 and I nudge it up a few degrees if I feel chilled...or get the fire lit. I get really cold hands and feet although I don't have bad circulation, this is a newish thing, about the past five years, when I lived at home which was always roasting hot with the heat on high, I never had cold feet and I used to wear sandals or flip flops leaving Mum's house and waltzing down the high street...
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote