UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:52 AM   #16  

Phat - I know how you feel about hairdressers. When still at school I went to one with no idea what I wanted so in desperation I took a pic along of the then Miss World - a blonde Aussie. Unfortunately she had a page boy whcih looked alright on her but really awful on a pudding face like me. Still at least my hair was lovely and shiny!!

I too went down the perm route but did not mind it cos my hair was so oily I was glad when it went drier (but them found how hard it was to add moisture!). Would not have it done now. Anyway, my har is naturally wavy and very thick so I leave it to do it's own thing althoguh the hairdreser has done it in Sharon Osbourne's style (when it was red, not the blonde bob) which I love.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:58 AM   #17  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I'm wondering who does suit a page boy - I tried it once and it looked daft on me, too.

I'm thinking of 'doing something' with my hair - not sure what though. Its been shoulder length for years and my face has changed shape with losing weight and (probably) with age ... and the teeth thing... so I want to change my hair but after all my early mistakes I am being a bit of a wuss about what to do with it.

I did buy some fuschia pink dye... and some violet dye... (couldn't make up my mind which so got both)... but now I don't think it would suit me and I'm better off staying blonde but changing the style - but I don't know what to. Basically I'm being a coward. Is this still in fashion?
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:03 AM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

That's a nice 'do! I love how it matches her eyebrows really well.....

I was just going to suggest something like that. One of my friends has a little layered pixie bob that looks fabby - I will post a pic when I get my camera sorted out!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:14 AM   #19  
Consistency + Balance

Don't knock darker eyebrows! My eyebrows and eyelashes are so fair that I have to dye them otherwise it doesn't look like I've got any.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:35 AM   #20  

The cut looks good - anyway sod fashion, will it suit you?
Don't slavishly follow fashion, especially where hair is concerned. The fashionists can have their hair done all the time- but most of us cannot afford to keep going to the crimpers so need something less - out there.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:41 AM   #21  
Consistency + Balance

I don't know if it will suit me - its hard to tell because I've had this long bob hairstyle for so long (give or take a couple of inches) - but if it doesn't then it'll grow out to look pretty much like it does now.

I need a cut which will make my fine hair look thicker, which doesn't take too much doing to it, which will look good after a couple of hours walk in a high wind.... and which a hairdresser in the sticks can reproduce without making too much of a hash of it.

I hate going to the hairdressers - I hate them touching my neck. (God that sounds stupid written down!)
Old 10-30-2006, 08:04 AM   #22  

Not al all Sarah. I have Only just found a hairdresser I am comfy with - I used to prefer to see the dentist!!! Trouble is, she is my mum's down in S'hampton so I have to go down there. I hate the local ones - I don't mind chatting to Wendy, my hairdresser but I hate having to talk to any other other hairdressers I have been to (I just think Oh shut up and get on with it!!).
Old 10-30-2006, 08:05 AM   #23  

Sarah - have a look at actresses/models with your face shape to see what you would suit. Or try on some shortie wigs to see what suits.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:38 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Sarah I like that hair style, I've just had mine cut in a similar style but just a touch longer, my sister then had hers done like the one in the picture, we're both brunettes though.

I also had the disasterous perm when I was younger and hated it - then after it had been out a few years I had another and I liked it that time as it was longer and looser.

I once used a Jolene facial hair bleach of a friends to dye my fringe - I thought it looked great at the time but my mum used to call me jaffa as it went an orangey colour - if it's worked there should be a picture attached to this message, though it doesn't really show the true orangeness that there was in the beginning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cath-orange-fringe.jpg (34.4 KB, 12 views)
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #25  

Nah, you don't look Jaffery. Or tangoed!
Old 10-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #26  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

I like that cut Sarah, it looks like it has layers so should work for you if you're hair is fine...

I'm glad I'm ok wearing pink lippy now then, thanks for that Peacock, gloss is very in over here and I like this one that comes with the lippy because its sort of like a balm and the lips don't dry out and chap.

Katie...nice picture.... in a school uniform no less, and you wore a tie... I had to at my school too....hated the bloody thing and our colours wer horrid... sky blue and marron!!! UGH!
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:11 AM   #27  

2 frus - I would rather see darker eyebrows than Jolen bleach orange ones. A girl at work dyed her hair blonde (which looked fine with her dark eyebrows I thought) but insisted against our better advice to bleach them. She worked for a psychiatrist and all the patients were fascinated by her brows......
Old 10-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #28  
Consistency + Balance

My niece has stunning auburn hair - absolutely amazing colour - but she hated her matching eyebrows and eyelashes. Silly twerp put a blue-black dye on them and they went green - which was okay for the lashes which she covered up with mascara - but the eyebrows looked REALLY weird.

I didn't bother telling her about the plain black dye until her green eyebrows had grown out.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #29  

I started going grey at only 16. Shame because I loved my hair colour - very dark brown but red when the light caught it! I have dark eyebrows but have dyed my hair blonde... never got round to matching eyebrows! Tempted just to grow it out and go grey now as I'm 45... seems less hassle. I've been every colour - red, black, brown and blonde and even found a colour close to my own natural one for a while... but the roots look terrible with dark dye... whereas with blonde the roots don't show as bad! Dilemma!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #30  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatPhoenix View Post
I started going grey at only 16. Shame because I loved my hair colour - very dark brown but red when the light caught it! I have dark eyebrows but have dyed my hair blonde... never got round to matching eyebrows! Tempted just to grow it out and go grey now as I'm 45... seems less hassle. I've been every colour - red, black, brown and blonde and even found a colour close to my own natural one for a while... but the roots look terrible with dark dye... whereas with blonde the roots don't show as bad! Dilemma!

I'm right there with you PhatPhoenix, started going grey at 18/19 and have had all different colours since. Need another application now in fact, I tried blonde but it didn't last, made me look to washed out in the NJ winters, so keep to a light brown...that sort of keeps the greys away... and I'm not brave enough yet to let it all go... vain is what it's called, so my Mum tells me
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote