UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:43 AM   #1  

Smile reductil

hi there, i am 33 have lost nearly 2 stone since july on the xenical pill, i need a break from that so have just started on 10mg of reductil.
i put on 5 stone carrying my little boy who is 9 months old now, so lost 2 would like to 3 more at least.
any advise would be great, as it has taken me a while to find this web site as they all seem to be usa ones.
is anyone taking reductil or has done in the past.
thanks
flump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:05 PM   #2  

Hi Flump

Welcome to the site. I haven't taken reductil but someone else may have.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:18 PM   #3  

i was beginning to think that i was the only one using this site cheers
Old 10-25-2006, 04:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 12st7lbs/10st

Height: 5ft 5ins

Hi Flump
Don't know anything about reductil but I am amazed you have lost 2 stone since July. Wow. How did you find the xenical? Obviously it worked but why do you need to have a break from it? I am about to make an appointment with my doc as she has said I can have it in the past. I chickened out then but I'm pretty desperate now.
Jools
chuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Hi Flump

I used Reductil a couple of years ago, it did work for me and I lost weight using it but to be honest I just stopped taking it because I joined WW and wanted to go it alone. Make sure you have regular blood pressure checks.

I've just started on Xenical 3 weeks ago and that so far is going well for me and I've lost about 1/2 stone.
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:36 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hi Flump and

I've not lost reductil but I just thought I'd post to welcome you and to let you know you're not alone in your weight loss journey.

Well done on that 2 stones!!!!!!!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:42 AM   #7  

thanks everyone.
xenical is great but if you cheat you know about it,also eating out anywhere is so hard because of the fat, on the reductil i can eat out but not as much, i might go back to the x later on anyone starting x goto watch-that-fat.com for advice on it everyone is taking it you get loads of info.good luck.flump
Old 10-25-2006, 07:50 AM   #8  
Here we go again...

Height: 5"2

Hi Flump

I tried Reductil for a short time a couple of years ago, however it did nothing to reduce my appetite and it gave me dizzy spells. I went back to my Doctor who told me it doesn't work for everyone...it probably doesn't help that I mainly overeat for emotional reasons rather than because I'm hungry!

Having said all that it obviously works for most otherwise they wouldn't manufacture it, so
Serena A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Hi Flump and well done on the loss
Im on Xenical at the mo. How does reductil work?
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Just done a search on google and it seems I cant have it cos Im on anti depressants
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #11  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey Flump

I know this is an old thread but i have just changed from Xenical to try reductil now so i am there with you hunni. How have you found it so far ?

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #12  

Hi flump, (loved the flumps, can here the tune now)

Haven't tried reductil. Was on xenical for about 6 months, I think it helped me as it made me stick to 3 meals a day, which was unheard of for me as I was a breakfast skipping, late eating binger! but I was excersising also and have lost weight since I was taken off it.

Good luck.
bigbonedlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:42 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

My dad was recently switched from Xenical to Reductil about 6 weeks ago. He lost 4 stones on Xenical since February but then it just kind of stopped worked despite going to the gym and still eating a good healthy diet! So his GP switched him over and in 6 weeks he's dropped another stone!

I hope it works for you. My dad had to have his Blood Pressure monitered for it for the first few weeks but he's had no issues with it. I would have liked to have tried it myself but not sure I could get it as I have High Blood Pressure although it's controlled with medication!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote