UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:59 PM   #1  
Gym'll fix it!!

Default Janet Jackson

Anyone seen Janet Jackson she's been in all the tabloids recently about the weight gain. Well, last night she was on ET and looked FABULOUS. She officially makes me sick she's lost 60lbs in 4 months and makes it seem effortless she said the weight gain was for a movie part ( don't know if I believe that bit ) but she got it all off and looks sensational. She's just turned 40 too and still looks 20 so thats bugging me as well
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:17 PM   #2  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

well I'm sure the personal trainer and chef.. her best interest at heart...
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #3  

I still think some supplements are taken with rapid weightloss. A fat burner or blocker I want that formula.
evierama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:07 AM   #4  

There was remarks on another site that she had had fake abs put in.I guess she has probably had some plastic done - why not? It seems the rest of her family have!!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:47 AM   #5  
Bling it on

Janet's weight has been up and own all her life. Like many of us, she is one extreme or the other. Either really comitted to losing weight and achieving her goal or thinking 'sod it' I'll have that burger and chips!
I agree that her personal trainer and chef will have had a LOT to do with her losing the weight and to be honest I think she may have had surgery. It is blatantly obvious she has had some done already so I would not rule out any lipo or anything.
Come on Janet, stop lying about a movie role and just admit that you are like most women who struggle with their weight! I would have a lot more respect for her if she was more upfront about herself instead of making false claims.
She does look great but no doubt will have another yo-yo lapse as most of us do!
pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I'd overeat if I had her family problems.

She does seem to have lost it VERY quickly. In fact it doesn't seem that long since she had that 'wardrobe problem' and since then she's gotten big then slimmed back down. Maybe she's had some sort of illness or ailment that caused her to get big - maybe thyroid?

Poor woman, poor Oprah and poor wotsername (the blonde one that lost it on Celebrity BB) it must be awful to yoyo in front of the whole world. Its bad enough doing it in my tiny village - with some of the thoughtless comments I've had - but to have your failures plastered across the press all the time must be so depressing.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #7  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

It was her with the 'wardrobe problem' wasn't it????
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #8  
This one got lazyitis

S/C/G: 236/229/168

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
It was her with the 'wardrobe problem' wasn't it????
If you're talking about the "wardrobe malfunction" where Justin Timberlake flapped her jewelled boob out at the superbowl then yes it was
O U 8 1 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #9  

I think if I had the prospect of getting thin quick and then making a killing on the 'how I got thin' books, work-out DVDs, and all the attendant publicity - even I could manage a stone a month! She has a bigger incentive than us 'normal' people, let's be honest. And with a flagging (flagged?) career, certainly had nothing to lose. So no i don't feel sorry for her. She has some embarrassing relatives - but don't we all? (OK maybe not THAT embarrassing, but still... She's got a whole way of life out of it).

Whether her weight loss was by surgery; or whatever else, is immaterial. It's not a healthy weight loss, and it's too obvious she will yo-yo right back. You make the deals for your get-fit publicity stunts - you have to take the downside, when it (and your bum) goes all pear shaped again! It does contradict the message we always get - a weight loss of 1-2lb a week is the only sustainable one, long term, and the safest one to make. (Her metabolism will be shot by now).

Vanessa Feltz is the one you mean, Sarah. I saw her on TV say the day she had the release party for her keep fit DVD was the day she started celebrating - eating the pies again, as she put it! She is shameless about it, and fair dos! Her other half is a personal trainer as well. Reminds me of when I saw Harvey Walden's wife on TV - she was having none of this fitness lark, was a real couch potato and proud of it! I suppose it gets boring if you live with it at home all the time!

But no, no sympathy for Janet J and her yo-yoing plight. Also not much time for her cashing in fast on the transformation. I bet her agent loves her, though.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote