UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:59 PM   #31  

Never cheap is it? I was 'only' one of three kids but when ever I go anywhere such as London Zoo or a museum I often wonder how my Father used to manage to pay for us all and give us ice cream treats. Mind you this wasn't very often and we certainly never visitited a Mac D's althoguh I do remember going to a wimpy bar with my mum and feeling terribly 'grown up'.

Also later on when we had to travel up from Kent to Hammersmtih Hospital - another expense! - Mum and I had lunch in a cafe - I havd a burger and listened to G'dbuy t'Jane by Slade (one of my faves at the time!).

Another time I had to travel up to the hospital with my Dad - a doctor offered him some money towards his fare and he turned it down. Very proud my dad. I bet he never told mum that!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:01 PM   #32  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay...so...what does it say about me that I've never been off the North American Continent and I'm:

44% CHAV!?!

Yes, I DO love fried Spam sandwiches and I used to wear white stilettos with my jeans ALL the time in the 80's. And...the 44% was before I checked no to the burberry plaid thing because I didn't know it was called burberry plaid...and I used to have a raincoat with that in it. I can't remember the other things I checked yes to, but I know I've never drank cider in a...was it a bus stop? Yes, I've smuggled my own bottles of beer in a bar and I've also asked to buy one cigarette off friends at a time. But this was all in the 80's, so maybe I should redo the test to answer only in the last 5 years? Maybe I'm a 'former' chav... Or 'reformed' chav?
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:07 PM   #33  

I still smuggle booze into places, last gig I went to I put white wine in a 500 ml water bottle saving me loads of money. Drinking wine from a plastic bottle is classy.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:20 PM   #34  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacock 2
What gave you a high score, Jen - not the white stillettos? Surely not after labor day!!
Damn, you found me out!

It was that and the screwtop bottles of wine at dinner parties!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #35  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Wannabe chav
You are 18 % chav

You clearly know you are not, nor will you ever be anything even closely resembling a bonafide chav but that doesn't stop you from jumping on the bling bandwagon every now and then. There's nothing wrong with a bit of pretending though you'll never be able to hold your own with the true Burberry brigade

Hey......it's not MY fault my cousin is named Kevin!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:11 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Concerningly I am 41% Chav!

Must be the sneaking malibu into the nightclub that did it!
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #37  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Whats this about one of the Princes being a chav? All DH told me is that one of them had been photographed dressed as a chav. Was it a fancy dress thing - or has he really turned in to one.

OMG - can you imagine - the first royal chav! (Although I had my doubts about Princess Margaret).
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #38  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Now that I know what a chav is...I see them everywhere! I was watching Footballers Wives last night, and Shannon is DEFINITELY a chav! (She's the one married to Harley in the season I am watching (season 2 I think!)
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
Whats this about one of the Princes being a chav? All DH told me is that one of them had been photographed dressed as a chav. Was it a fancy dress thing - or has he really turned in to one.

OMG - can you imagine - the first royal chav! (Although I had my doubts about Princess Margaret).
It was William in fancy dress. It really annoyed me, I saw it in the sun online.
Quote:
Wills posed with army pals after their first term at Sandhurst military academy, Berks.
'Berks' that would be right A right load of posh ones.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #40  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

I thought ALL the royals were chavs! They haven't got a brain cell or an ounce of good ol' common sense between the lot of 'em...and I'd hate to have one of them move in as my next door neighbour - all that loud braying from the family, and then to top it off all the corgis yapping and running riot all day - no thanks.

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #41  

Another American but only scored a 10%. This coming summer though we will be going to Ibiza to visit a really good friend who lives there - do I get more points for that? And she used to live in London? Great for a giggle this afternoon thanks.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:06 AM   #42  

Why yes Sugar Cube - at least 5 more points for Ibiza (Ibeeza innit? in Chav speak).
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:35 AM   #43  

3% Only 'coz I know someone with a hot tub (no way could he ever be described as a Chav) and the Croydon face lift - but that was thanks to my Mum giving me a french plait..............
taichilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:40 AM   #44  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

18% chav here!

Of course I've been to the Pleasure Beach - I LIVE in Blackpool. I even worked there for a season - it was great - we used to get free tickets to all the rides!

I did wear white stilettoes in the 80s and I have been known to take my own drinks into a club - but it's always Amaretto!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #45  

You are 0 % chav
You clearly know you are not, nor will you ever be anything even closely resembling a bonafide chav but that doesn't stop you from jumping on the bling bandwagon every now and then. There's nothing wrong with a bit of pretending though you'll never be able to hold your own with the true Burberry brigade.

What's it mean about the bling bandwagon? How can I have bling if I'm 0%?

My son got 8% but he lied...
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote