UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #1  

Default Hello from US but born and raised in Carlisle

Hello people.....thought I would drop in and say hello> I am new on the forum but when i saw the UK part I was lifted!! I live In America in Maryland, But was born and raised in Carlisle, Cumbria. I left uk when I was 20 and have been in Us since, but it is wonderful to see you all on here, I feel like putting the kettle on and making a cup of tea.and just read all of your post, yes I still get home sick!!.so drop my a post.....and Hopefully you will all welcome me in for a piece of home!!
nicnacmd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hello, glad you popped in to see us!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #3  

see that is what I miss....little things like that!!!.just popped in!!!..thank you YP1
Old 02-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #4  

Still not sure where this place is on a map, it is hard to find one that can show me where in a larger map or europe it actually is at. Still, wow is that place is full of histroy...Romans to now, long histroy.
tobetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #5  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Hi nicnac from one ex pat to another . I was born and bred in Leeds (a Loiner born and proud!) and moved to the US 3 years ago. I miss home tons! Was lucky enough to go back this christmas for a couple of weeks, which was ace although it made me miss my city even more .

Nice to see you around.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tobetheman, where are you located? Carlisle is in Cumbria, England, which is on the border with Scotland. By the way, the Celts were there long before the Romans.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnacmd7
Hello people.....thought I would drop in and say hello> I am new on the forum but when i saw the UK part I was lifted!! I live In America in Maryland, But was born and raised in Carlisle, Cumbria. I left uk when I was 20 and have been in Us since, but it is wonderful to see you all on here, I feel like putting the kettle on and making a cup of tea.and just read all of your post, yes I still get home sick!!.so drop my a post.....and Hopefully you will all welcome me in for a piece of home!!
Hello fellow Cumbrian
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #8  

wow thanx everyone it is so nice to be welcomed!!...Veggie cumbria huh?..are you still there? tell you what I could kill a portion of pie and chips!!!!lmao
Old 02-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #9  

LynneA.I havent been back since my mum died 5 years ago.....and can you believe my hubby has never been!!!...I dont ever want to go back with out him and with us having so many kids, it is so hard to get a "cheap" deal........plus you know being with my family and the different life style i think i wouldn't want to come back to US!!!!lol
Old 02-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #10  

Welcome! I'm an Aussie and live in England, and can blame at least 20lbs on moving to the UK!!! Chips!!! Pies!!!! Clotted cream!!! Purple sprouting broccolli!!! Ok so not the last one, just making sure you were still listening!!

I love bonny old blighty now, but the first year was **** on earth. i am going back to Oz for a holiday this year, and can't wait!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #11  

this is so brilliant that we are all in different parts of the world and backgrounds, yet here we can say hey.i am right their with ya!!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnacmd7
wow thanx everyone it is so nice to be welcomed!!...Veggie cumbria huh?..are you still there? tell you what I could kill a portion of pie and chips!!!!lmao
Yes I am... You don't have pie and chips there? What's all that about?
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #13  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Nic.. I too am in the USA. I've been here ten years, have lived in AZ and NJ and am presently back in AZ... I love it here, and STILL get pangs of homesickness.

It's a good thing they don't sell pie and chips here, I'd eat them all the time. I was home at Christmas time and had good ol' fish and chips three times... didn't gain any weight this time back... thankfully, but the time before I managed to gain eight pounds in 12 days, cos I was such an oinker!
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #14  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Mmm. Pie. I like pie.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #15  

lol.omg i know i would gain 20 lbs in one day cos i would want it all now!!!!lol
Ok BritinNJ I am so jelly.I would much rather be in the sun and warmth.we have a snow storm blowing in tonight!!! Funny thing too.I fist landed in the US at Newark.lived in NJ for a year exit 114 of the parkway!!!!lol