UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #61  

oh wow marks and sparks were in canada....you were lucky!!!..............and britmum..lil' smokies wrapped in bacon are a good substitute once you get over .eww this is weired!!lol.my kids love em!!...Tetly do a brtish blend tea over here it isnt bad, I still have to use two teabags though!!!!!lol
cat90.......oxo is good just made as a drink!!yum!!lol...i couldnt make my gravies with out my oxo!!.you no crumbling in the fingers good!!lmao
nicnacmd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #62  

Ooh Kirkby Lonsdale it amuses me to hear such places mentioned here it that the one with the good chip shop? We always use to stop off at either Kirkby Lonsdale or Kirby Stephen for chips on family outings.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

The one in Kirkby Lonsdale is just off the square down the little ginnel that took you down to the river. I love chicken and mushroom pie,chips,gravy,mushy peas and bread and butter. And lots of vinegar!!! I'm salivating just thinking about it!
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #64  

Marks and sparks knickers are still the best! I bulk buy every time I go home.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #65  

roflmao!!!!! you are killing me people!!!! doesnt that chippy, have ice cream too?.....we use to stop and get 99's when we would go for our sunday run!!!lol..........the car would some how just know where it was going my dad would joke!!lol
Old 02-21-2006, 02:14 PM   #66  

OMG>>>> they have the ice cream van down by the river at Devils Bridge where they do the best 99's. Only a couple of minutes walk futher down the ginnel from the chip shop. I was just talking about 99's this week with my kids. You can get flakes from the World Market stores here. I thought about doing them this sunday, as it is family "Sundae" night.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #67  

oh good idea..i might just have to introduce them to my kids........only thing is oyu just cant find the same kind of vanilla..icecream..well i cant!!lol
Old 02-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #68  

Hello I just joined LOL. Im from MN, but my family was from England and Im trying to learn as much as I can about where they came from.

Whats up NicNac NicNac, hows MD?
HollizleMyNizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #69  

Hello HollizleMyNizzle!! LOL that is quite a name!!.......Thanks for dropping by my thread, so do you know where your family were from in UK?
In MD today it is drizzly/snowy mix, nasty weather I hate it...how is it in MN?.....LOL!!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #70  

HAHA its great in MN its 36* out here today and very cold. I will ask my dad its very sad but I have no idea about the history of my family.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 AM   #71  

Oh wow.........wish I was in MN!!!!lol
Yeah find out where your family come from..as you can see..the people on here are brilliant, and it is so cool, that most are in the UK.....kinda makes me feel "at Home" ya know......although they kill me with all this talk of food I grew up eating!!!lmao
Old 02-22-2006, 11:07 AM   #72  

Lincolnshire ring a bell
Old 02-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #73  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

OOooh Kirby Lonsdale and Kirby Steven, we used to go steam engine watching there! That and Appleby, and Brough and all the steam trials up Shap summit. I'm showing my nerd colours now aren't I??

I'm going to an Autumn Steam Gala this year with my Dad and his mate on our motorbikes
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #74  

If you come up to Ramsbottom to play with the new gym, I'll take you on our steam train!!! I love trains me, make sure you pack your Argyle jumper and Anorak!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #75  

LMAO.....KyKaree.......oh too funny........along with those Anorak's you better have egg n' cress sandwhiches!! so are you both trainspotting?....the choo choo kind!!!!!lol