UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, mine is on Saturday next week so will be interested to see what you think!
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:59 PM   #17  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Artemis, you'll love it! I found it really relaxing and enjoyable, but I could feel that I'd worked my stomach muscles by the end of the hour. I can't wait until next Friday!

Hope you enjoy tomorrow,

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:03 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the info, my class has been put back a couple of weeks. It's now on 11 February so let me know how you get on next week!

I'm really looking forward to it.
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:26 PM   #19  

Default Pilates

I bought a pilates machine from QVC and it really helps my back and hip problem. It strethches you out and makes you use your core (ab) muscles. It's not an extreme workout but I've had to catch my breath a few times when I'm done. I bought the one with the trampoline attachment so you can do cardio on it as well.

When are you going to Rome, that's my ultimate dream and what I hope to treat myself to when I'm done losing weight. I'm thinking of booking my trip now for the Fall (added incentive).
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #20  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

I'm going to Rome on 24th July - I can't wait, even though it'll be like a sauna there at that time of year.

You should go there in the fall - what an incentive! Spring and Autumn are the best times to visit, because it's still warm but not unbearably hot and humid - I'd go there myself in September/October but I'm too impatient to wait that long!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #21  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oooh..that Pilates machine sounds interesting I have a lot of lower back pain so could do with something like that
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote