UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-17-2004, 05:06 PM   #1  

Question I want a Swimming Costume?

Hi all,

Does anyone know any website company where I can get a good swimming costume...I'm talking MIRACLE costumes that pull you all in from every angle, is black and also has fantastic bust support????!

I've not been swimming for 10 years as felt too self-concious but now Im getting to a stage where I may feel comfy again soon, have been dying to go for so long I can't tell you

Anyways - I can't think of anything worse than going around the shops trying them on!! So have been looking on line, but can't seem to find what I want or need

I can see in my head what I want! Please help!

Kel
Kelly M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:41 PM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Kel,
Look on the home page of 3fatchicks and there are some links somewhere that are all clothes and things for ladies like us to shop on line at.
I know what you're looking for also, that's the sort I wear, however, last year I did go to a tankini and I love it, it covers up the multitude of flab but is so comfy and the boobs are well suspended too....I got mine in Walmart over here but will see if I can find some links for ya Well done on thinking about going back swimming, you'll love it, and you'll look lovely too
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:22 AM   #3  

Kelly - I am presuming the manchester you live in is in UK (well, you never know!).

Have you tried Marks & Spencer? I bought a lovely Tankini top and briefs - the turquiose and brown one with beading. That had had a bra shelf and although no tummy panel it seemed to hold everything in. Have you got Bravissimo's catalogue because they do some swimsuits and tankinis. Also Argos Additions do some tummy panel ones and fitted bra swimsuits if that is what you want? Most of the online undie plaes I think do swimsuits as well - try figleaves, bravissiomo and others.
peahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:40 AM   #4  

Clarrie swims and lives in Manc she'll know somewhere maybe. I'd love to swim but I'm far (I typed fat then by mistake hoho) too
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:45 AM   #5  

I looked on evans they have exactly one. If I could find a nice quiet time to go swimming I might go...sometime in the future. I think I'd have to have lessons again.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:26 PM   #6  
Getting back on track!

I know what you mean Veggie, I just love swimming but I can't face it yet although some pools do women only sessions.

I don't know why Tankinis are more flattering but I agree - they look better on me than a swimming costume.
I hope you find one Kelly!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 02:27 PM   #7  
Queen of Chaos!

http://www.fashionworld.co.uk

Sizes 14-30 sumfink and from memory they do "hold-all" swimming cossies!! LOL
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 05:31 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone!

I'm still looking through all the links I've been sent - but at the moment one on Bravissimo is winning Cheers Peahen

http://www.bravissimo.com/scripts/vi...ef=AN22&page=1

In black.... think I'll look like the girl in the pic?? Ha!

Will keep you posted!
Old 09-19-2004, 05:42 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Nice Suit Kel was just clicking on colour and size and they don't do less than a D cup
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:44 PM   #10  

<Daydreams>..."To be smaller than a D cup...sigh...would be heaven" (Am still big E cup even now)

Tell you what if these cha chas don't disappear when lost all this weight...I'll be knocking on Mr. NHS's door to get 'em whipped off!!

I hate them! Wish I could wear the speedo no bust support swim costumes I tell ya!
Old 09-20-2004, 06:22 PM   #11  
Gym'll fix it!!

@ "cha-cha's" Well, i'm a C cup at present and thats more than enough thank you very much i've never been able to wear the no bust support costumes ever in my life well, that I can remember
Old 09-21-2004, 03:49 PM   #12  

Ha ha I tried to look at the Bravissimo pic in Kelly's post but unfortunately anything with lingerie in is restricted!!! Good ol' NHS!! I do have the Bravissimo brochire actually. Well, never mind, I am sure it will look good Kelly. Hey! Don't they have a shop somewhere like Manchester?? I know they have one in Ealing, West London but I am sure they have one OOP North too - well, north of Watford.
peahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:06 PM   #13  

Hey so there is! But I may still shop online instead

I can't imagine what it feels like to swim

I remember it being so easy - could keep going for hours, but my sister laughs and says she cant wait til i go and see how hard it is! Suppose it's like riding a bike,,, used to do that for hours and never think about it - and NOW?!?! well!! deary me!! Not the easiest thing is it!!
Old 09-21-2004, 06:10 PM   #14  

Ordered it!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:27 PM   #15  
Gym'll fix it!!

oooh..how exciting