3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello from lots of May fat chicks in UK #21 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/40064-hello-lots-may-fat-chicks-uk-21-a.html)

cat90 05-05-2004 08:11 PM

:rollpin: :rollpin: there you are Chris :lol: :coach: now pack it in!

Thanks Girls ;) the early mornings won't bother me at all, many a time i watch a movie at 4 or 5 in the morning cos i can't sleep. I was up at 6 this morning so it won't be so much earlier that i'll have to move :shrug: now i can just go to work instead :lol:

linus 05-05-2004 09:02 PM

watch out cat the chris is a sadist shell just enjoy that
kirsty

BritinNJ 05-05-2004 09:26 PM

I love that phrase 'pack it in'. I say it all the time and all the americans always ask me what it means. We really do speak a different language. I was talking about a car park the other day and a girl I work with couldn't figure out what the **** I was on about.
Thanks for the rolling pin Cathy, I needed a few whacks :)
Will be an absolute angel from now on. I want to be at least a stone lighter by the time I go home in August so people I've not seen in over four years say WOW!!
Last ever episode of Friends tomorrow, so sad. One of my favourite shows, am watching the lead up to it now and it's making me sad. Will prob bawl my head off tomorrow night :(

cat90 05-05-2004 09:56 PM

Chris, if you have'nt seen them for 4 years they're bound to see a difference are'nt they? :?: what about all the weight you've lost already? :dizzy:

I'm getting so used to American/Canadian terms that i forgot what you call the 'boot' of a car in England :lol: i was talking to my brother once and i said "you know the trunk, what do you call that thing at the back of your car where you keep your spare tyre?" and he looked at me like :doh: "do you mean the boot?" :rofl: followed by "bloody **** Cath" :lol3: i've picked up some stuff over here like "neat" "pretty good" and the one i hated that i picked up from a girl over here "holy ****" i try to keep that to a minimum as much as possible but when she was around and always saying it, it was hard not to pick it up.

BritinNJ 05-06-2004 06:26 AM

Yes they're bound to see a difference with what I've already lost, but I want a bog WOW! ANd I need to lose more so that will be my incentive, I don't want a little mediocore 'wow'. Being greedy I am, but it won't be for food (until I get to sample all our British greats of course). Greedy for weight loss and the big WOW!
It's going to be a beautiful day here today, 70 degrees and sunny. Is muggy out right now and damp from the storms we had yesterday evening and one as I'd got into bed last night. The thunder was so loud it scared Lewie, who sat and trembled and whimppered before getting brave and giving a bark. As I laid in bed with all the lightning flashing around, I wondered if the house had been hit, but we didn't lose power as all the clocks stayed lit up. It was a boomer though. Storms used to terrify me years back before we went out to AZ but they were so huge out there, I quite got to like them :)
I love our term for a ciggy being fag. WHen my friends first got over here, and landed at NY airport, her husband said in a loud voice, 'babe, I'm just going to go outside and grab myself a fag'. Now he is American, she's a Brit and she had to remind him that he was back in his own land and shouldn't use that term as he got quite a few strange looks :)
I think there's a few new words that have come about since I was home, so I'll have to learn them when I go home so as I can still speak 'English" :)
Right, had better go and get those kids a moving and a grumbling out the door.
Have a wonderful day everyone. I WILL BE SO SO SO SO SUPER GOOD TODAY!!!!

veggie 05-06-2004 08:54 AM

You'll have to learn to say 'minging' Chris just don't do it near me I hate the word. :nono:

linus 05-06-2004 09:05 AM

just dont say the word fanny my son was reading the posts with me on 80 chicks and he went intop fits of laughter and i had to explain that it meant bum over there and when i told mel she had hysterics needless to say the kids now call her the fanny lady nough said
kirsty

veggie 05-06-2004 11:20 AM

:sssh: Think I'll subscribe to that 80 thread to keep an eye on that Linus see if she behaving herself ;) :lol:

Smiling Sal 05-06-2004 12:50 PM

Do we need a rude word box - swear doesn't quite fit ??

Am going out for dinner, am having a green day so a pasta dish with loads of veg for me.

Nothing else exciting happening. Steven is grounded and as crabbit as sin, Sean is driving us scatty with his nonsense adn Ray will he is just being Ray

veggie 05-06-2004 01:24 PM

I have stinking hayfever and am now going to sw fully drugged up ;) I think wine will help it later. :devil:

veggie 05-06-2004 01:25 PM

Oh and some count on us chips :T :hun:

cat90 05-06-2004 02:44 PM

You're going to change into a chip Veg :lol: everybody always used to say that to me cos i grew up on them :T chips with everything ;) homemade of course and with boiled ham was favourite :T :T

Carol, NO :rollpin: bleeding rude box! it will take all the fun out of it :lol:

I've managed 3 excellent days :cp: have'nt drunk enough water tho' and i've still not done any exercise :shrug: i'm going out to transplant some flowers and buzz around with the weedeater killing broom bushes in a bit so i'll get some exercise today :) i'm having a beefburger on a big fat bun for my tea followed by pears in juice with ice cream :T can't wait.

BritinNJ 05-06-2004 03:00 PM

'minging'??? What does that mean then? LOL about the word 'fanny' meaning bum over here, it still cracks me up when people use the term around me and I tell them not to use it if they ever visit Britain.
Have been a super angel today, must have been the whacks with the rolling pin I got, I knew I needed em.
Off to curves now, it's a beautiful sunny warm day out, so I'll sweat there and hopefully burn more cals off.
Last Friends tonight, am so sad :(

linus 05-06-2004 03:03 PM

minging means bad dirty unfair not true take your pick just all depends what mood your teenager is in basically eeeuuwwww
kirsty

BritinNJ 05-06-2004 04:56 PM

is this 'minging' word pronounced with a 'j' sound in the middle of a 'g' sound? Don't want to try and say it when I get home if I can't pronounce it. I'd feel a right wally then, wouldn't I!