UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 09:24 AM   #1  

Arrow Atkins/low Carb Shopping

Hi there people,
I'm going to be starting the Atkins diet after valentines weekend (final carb blowout in Paris........ ). I'm just in the info' finding stage at the moment. There seems to be loads'a'places in the States for low-carb food, but does anyone know of anywhere in the UK. I've looked at some web sites,but was wondering if any Atkins followers have any good tips for buying from local supermarkets........
I just dont know where to start and who has the best prices around for these things........the sites seem a tad bit expensive!

Cheers people and keep up the good work!
Terri
Old 01-27-2004, 11:31 AM   #2  

Hi Terri,

There is a good site that someone on this board recommended - www.sugarlite.co.uk where you can buy atkins food and you can also now buy the range in boots although when i looked in my local one last week which is listed on the Atkins website as selling it they didn't have anything and i had to visit the larger town centre store. Apart from that i just buy "normal" food from the supermarkets.

Good luck with your induction, keep us posted.

Tracy
Old 02-14-2004, 05:31 AM   #3  

Talking Tkins drinks

My wife and I have been experimenting with things,

One of these is the drink you can buy in boots the milkshakes.

What we have done is to buy soy milk from the supermarket and in boots baby section you will find a powdered drink for babies (strawberry etc) very low carbno sugar etc, we mixed it with the soy milk and it was very nice

A recepie I have for cheese cake is:-

2 packs of philadelphia cheese.
1tub of double cream
1 sugar free jelly
pack of ground almonds
butter to mix with the almonds
sweetner

MIx some sweetner with the almonds and butter for the base.
mix the creamcheese and swetner together. to tase swetnes wise
dilte te jelly crystals with just enough water to dilte it, and pour into the cheese/cream mix, and whisk then pour into the cake tray and leave to set about a hour, more cream for the top and yummeee.

You can if you want keep yogurt pots and make up individual ones to take to work.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:16 AM   #4  
Must Stay Motivated

I tried Atkins but it didn't work out for me. I know loads of people who swear by it. Ithik it might have been me that recommended Sugarlite on the boards here. I used them quite a lot when I was eating the Atkins way. Fantastic site. Be careful that you don't become addicted to Woodies bars though - lol. You will also find loads of quick and easy recipes there too.
Closed Thread