UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:58 AM   #1  

Default A little why it is hard to lose Weight

When your muscles need energy, they generally use a mix of stored fat and circulating glucose.
But when you’re on a calorie-restricted diet, they rely more heavily on glucose, so
they end up pulling more energy from the foods you eat instead of those fat stores you’re
trying to lose.
fahadshaikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 05:02 PM   #2  

I had no idea that there was an official name for this eating pattern, but I've done it on and off for years and it's basically the only way I've ever been able to keep weight off. Basically, I just don't eat anything before about 11 on most days, just starting the day off with coffee. For me, I actually find it easier to simply skip breakfast than to try to find something that will not use up too many of my precious calorie budget yet will satisfy me for the length of time needed. I tend toward hypoglycemia, and so many go-to breakfast foods I've found to have a bad effect on me (in that they will shoot my sugar level up and then bottom it out suddenly - due to most of them being simple carbs), leaving me feeling listless, jittery, and dull. If, on the other hand, I just don't eat, my blood sugar just stays pretty level and I may feel Speed Test hungry, but otherwise fine.
amelbeabk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:59 PM   #3  

Height: 5'10"

Because it involves a process that requires determination, perseverance, and consistency.
These are the key things that a lot of people will fail at.

Weight loss is advertised as being this complicated process that requires special attention…
It really isn’t.

It's very straightforward, eat less than your body requires and you will lose weight (your body has no choice but to burn fat for the energy it needs).
Declan Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 60 kg/ 57/ 53

Height: 157 cm

Sometimes I think the easiest way is weight loss surgery... cut cut cut
ErinKeegan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lose weight