UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/156/120

Height: 5'3"

Cool Slimming world - I will do this!!

Hi all,

So... I have decided that it is finally time to sort my fat backside out.

I recently moved to a flat in what I call takeaway Central! I've gained over a stone since moving here in October. I have been trying to lose weight on and off for years and have only ever lost a few pounds. Now is the time get serious.

I have decided to start slimming world tomorrow. I will not be going to groups or anything. I will be doing it alone. I say alone but I'm not really. I have you folks

I have decided that I am going to put a diary entry on here at least every evening. If I don't name and shame myself I will not learn. I'm hoping I don't have to shame myself.

I've never been too hard on myself. A little bit of what you fancy is good for you after all... Just not the quantities that I consume.

I am 5'3" and weight 11st 11lbs. My size 14 jeans are now becoming tight and I refuse to buy a bigger size. It took me a long time to persuade myself to buy size 14!

I was a naturally skinny size 8 until I reached 26 (I'm 31 now) and have been slowly creeping up.

I plan to do the red (original) plan as I have heard great things about it. How have you found SW? Any useful tips and tricks?

I'm terrible for boredom snacking, can you recommend any tastey healthy SW snacks?

Feel free to follow me and watch my (hopeful) progress.

I started by making a very tastey Mediterranean pasta bake for my lunches at work this week. I used the pasta as my healthy extra and put LOADS of veg in it to bulk it out. I also missed off the cheese as I didn't have any in the fridge

I am rubbish at eating breakfast, this is a habit that I need to break. I will be surfing the site for some ideas for that also.

Anyhoo, I've rambled on enough. Week 1 day 1 starts tomorrow. I will put an update on here tomorrow. I'm off to plan my evening meals for the week.

Love and luck to all.
Nixnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/276/199

Height: 5 ft 11

Good luck!
Haninhudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #3  

Thank you, I do feel that is going to need it
Old 06-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #4  

So its day 2....

Yesterday was a bit of a failure.

I forgot to tell my work colleague that I was on slimming world. So she brought me in my daily bacon and cheese breakfast subway! I put it all down as syns to teach myself a lesson. So yesterday I went over my son quota for the day. I was very good for the rest of the day and stuck to the plan.

Today I have planned to only have 2 syns so it should even out over the 2 days.

I am feeling hungry quite a lot so I have just stocked up on lots of free fruits to keep me going.

I already feel like I have more energy just from not eating rubbish and am actually quite enjoying it.

I have to admit its hard to stay away from the scales. I've put a not on them saying "not until sunday"
Old 07-06-2015, 04:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Good Luck hun xxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185.5/176.5/140

Height: 5'6

Hi Nixnax, I'm also in Bristol. I started SW about 5 weeks ago. I am enjoying it and not doing too badly. I feel a lot healthier.

Good luck.
Moo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:28 AM   #7  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

I have been on SW a few times over the years and I find I get the best results from the red days. I always struggle to lose weight when I have carbs so lots of SW red days really help me lose weight.

Good luck
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote