UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/168

Height: 5ft 7''

I should think you'll lose weight even at 2500 so hey! well done!!!
Se hwo you do after a week at 2500 and then make adjustements to suit x
Pentangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:40 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Thank you very much everyone xxxx
I think it is true. Because I am very heavy at this point I have a high base calorie number so I actually can have quite a few and still lose weight (I hope!!) I think right now 2000 might be a bit tricky but I am trying to keep as low as I can. The main thing I need to focus on is less a matter or calories than fat. I cannot beleive how much fat I'm eating.
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Hello Joselo
I think everyone gave you great advice, calorie counting works. There are very good free counter on the internet and/or mobile phone apps so have a look at which one you feel comfortable with. I have tried many and a couple of them stands out.
I think you are right 2000 calories might be tricky to start with but you might want to start at 2500 calories. You will see that with the right choices of food, you will feel satisfied and not hungry. But there is a learning time about all these things.

Regarding the amount of fat to eat, there are some site that will recommend you an amount in grams to eat everyday and will calculate automatically when you log your food. If you think that it is too much to start with stick with the calories counting only, anyway because fat bring more calories than protein or carb, watching your calories intake will help you watch your fat intake anyway.

Good luck, you can do it. And don't worry you are not alone, we are all in the same boat
Mayalazabeille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #19  

I have done quite well over the weekend. I even went for a meal last night, and stuck to tomato soup for starter and grilled chicken main so relatively healthy. Usually I would get potato skins, garlic bread, steak and chips and ice cream!!

BUT today I feel really fat I mean, I weight 400lb so I AM fat. But you know what you just got a fat day when all your clothes feel tight and horrible? Ugh!!! I feel awful, as if I have been mad binging the last few days instead of dieting!! Does anyone know that? Might it be that I had a few drinks (wine with the meal, some cocktails after) last night ?
Old 05-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #20  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

It probably is the vino creeping back to haunt you lol I don't drink so wouldn't really know. but I know a few of the girls have drunk some and felt it the day after so don't worry too much about it xx
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #21  

I think so! I never usually drink it either, mostly if anything spirits and mixers. I won't be drinking it again, I feel like I have a whole extra layer of flab on my this morning and I do not need that!!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Wine always leaves me feeling very bloated and fat - I had loads on Saturday and felt awful until Tuesday morning. I try to stick to vodka and diet coke as it doesn't have the same effect at all and is lower in syns (I'm on SW) than wine.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #23  

Good plan! Rum for meeeee!!!
MY diet has gone excellently the last few days
Old 05-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #24  

Hi JoseLo there was a show on sky called diary of a fat man, it was about a biggest loser winner who went from 400lb to 195lb - he did gain most of it back BUT he started again losing at home, going to the gym, walking alot and it was suprising how the weight started coming off him ! His trainer said the walking was the biggest thing for him to do, so I think if you could do some hard walking in with your calorie control you'll soon reap the benefits.
I', not sure if it was a one off show or not, but it just showed that losing it on th ebiggest loser is too hard to keep it off so best taking it slow and easy!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #25  

3 weeks in... I've lost 3lbs only. I am a little disappointed, I hoped to lose that in my first week at least. I need to pick this up a bit or it'll take me DECADES to get where I want.
I think my main problem, and this is very much a force of habit, I find it very very hard to be honest, even with myself, about what I am eating. I think I've been going over the calorie limits I set myself somewhat on many days. Must try harder!!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Three pounds in three weeks is an excellent start. And it's a lot better than gaining three!

Being honest about what you're eating is going to be essential. So you can be proud of yourself for admitting that you haven't been so far. Have you considered keeping a food diary? Write down every morsel that passes your lips for a week, and then have a look to see how well it compares to what you're supposed to be eating. And if you're anything like me, it'll shock you into making changes. Good luck!
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

Don't be too disappointed. It's a start and it's heading in the right direction. Besides, once you get to your goal you may well want to continue calorie counting into maintenance, so it won't be so very different then, save for having a few more calories to play with. I know some people get good losses early but not everyone does. Keep at it.

Are you using myfitnesspal to count, by the way? I just started it this week myself after using Weightwatchers in the past and I think it's great, especially considering that it's free.
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #28  

I used the calorie checker... I AM REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF!!
For lunch I had a wrap with roasted veg, salad and a little cheese, no dressing, and a cereal bar.
For tea I had low fat fish pie and peas. Then a low fat yoghurt. This was so very low calories, barely over 1000!
So, I did eat a mini pork pie, mini bag of haribo, a cupcake and a bought sandwich (triple pack) for snacks, but I am still under my calorie limit... 2468cals today!!
If there is one thing I realised, maybe I was a little TOO virtuous in the early part of the day which lead to me pigging out a little in the evening, but in general I am happy!!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseLo View Post
I used the calorie checker... I AM REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF!!
For lunch I had a wrap with roasted veg, salad and a little cheese, no dressing, and a cereal bar.
For tea I had low fat fish pie and peas. Then a low fat yoghurt. This was so very low calories, barely over 1000!
So, I did eat a mini pork pie, mini bag of haribo, a cupcake and a bought sandwich (triple pack) for snacks, but I am still under my calorie limit... 2468cals today!!
If there is one thing I realised, maybe I was a little TOO virtuous in the early part of the day which lead to me pigging out a little in the evening, but in general I am happy!!
woop woop, well done
Old 05-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

I can't give you the stern wagging finger and the lecture about your snacks, because god, haribo. They are sent by Satan to test us.

Glad you're being honest and feeling good about it!
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote