Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

View Poll Results: I HIT THIS BY ACCIDENT....LOL
HMMM WHAT TO WRITE..... 0 0%
DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THIS... 0 0%
SORRY 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 07:59 PM   #1  
LAYNA

Unhappy I Don't Know Where To Begin.... Help!!

Ok... Here It Is
I Am 23 Years Old - I Think Im Pretty But I Cant Get Over The Fact That I Just Cant Lose Weight. I Have Tried Ww B/c Thats About The Only Diet That Consisted Of Foods That I Like. I Am Very Pickey , I Hate Most Meat... I Love Veggies And I Am Not A Big Junk Food Eater But Yet I Cant Manage To Even Lose A Pound!!! How Is This!!??? Just Yesterday I Started To Go For A Mile Walk At Night --- May Not Sound Like Much But When You Dont Normally Exercise - Its A Start!!!

I Think I Am Expecting A Miracle Here ~ I Want To Lose About 60-70lbs Which Will Bring Me To 160-170 - At Which I Will Be Happy For A While.... I Am 5'7 1/2 And These Dumb *** Charts Say I Should Be Like 140lbs!!!! Its Soo Unrealistic!! I Have A Large Frame To Begin With So I Think 160 Should Do!! At This Point I Will Take Pretty Much Anything Under 200.

I Also Noticed That I Am Beginning To Become More And More Depressed... I Cry Sometimes B/c Nothing Seems To Work... And I Get So Fed Up With Being Fat...

I Really Wish I Could Find Someone In My Area To Come Walking With Me - Of Course Most Of My Friends Are Married And Have Children So They Are Usually Not Free To Exercise At Night...

If There Is Anyone Out There That Has Suggestions To Help Me Start Dieting Please Please Reply!!! I Am In Desperate Need Of A Buddy On Here To Motivate Me!!!

Old 03-11-2004, 10:44 PM   #2  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

Hi Layna,
If you would like a few diet buddies search for alexias together. We are a small group, and would love to have you join in.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:11 PM   #3  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Layna, I'd love to have you as a buddy! It sounds like we're in the same boat--I'm 23 and I weight about 230, want to get down to 160, and then we'll see from there. This web site is great for support and motivation. I came here looking for an email pal to yell at me and pick me back up when I start to slip. I haven't found an email buddy, but I did find so much more. Feel free to email me ANYTIME--I check it a billion times a day (I'm such an addict!).
Keep your chin up. We'll make it through this. This site makes it a lot easier.

Old 03-13-2004, 12:00 AM   #4  
LAYNA

Wink

Thanks sooo much alexia and elisha!! I will be sure to look for your group alexia - and elisha - lol our situation is pretty much the same!!

Im really glad I stumbled along this site - you all seem like really great people , and i truly believe we can offer each other alot!!

I look forward to getting this started!!

thanks again!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 07:04 AM   #5  
Scott

S/C/G: 290/290/200

Default Layna - you sound JUST like my wife

It saddens me SOOO much to hear that your getting depressed and crying....I am going through the same thing with my wife.....she has, on several occasions just cried and become angry and upset with herself. YOUR NOT alone! I have joined this group just about a week ago - and the people hear are AMAZING.....both my wife and I are looking to drop between 50-75 lbs each. (Me I'm 270 - I'd like to be 220ish she's 260 and she'd like to be 180)

That makes me think...

If anyone has any pointers as to what a supportive husband/significant other can do in these situations, (when the person you love gets so down on them selves) please let me know....All I try to do for my wife is hug her, and tell her that I love her - but I don't know what else to say to make her feel ok........

Layna...YOU WILL FIND COMFORT AND SUPPORT WITHIN THESE PAGES!!! So, good for you for being strong and opening up!

Good luck to you - if you need anything....someone here will be able to help you!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:43 PM   #6  

Angry O 2 b thin

Hi I am new here too. I have type 2 diabetes which brings about depression. I have to pick my self up sometimes because I dwell on things. I have had to take medicine for depression for awhile. Lost a child. Please check with your doctor. And I have found that cardio exercise helps alot too. I was 320 lbs about 10 years ago. I was 260 two years ago and weigh 215 now. My husband is my salvation. He encourages me all the time. He use to be heavy and now he just stress that he's gained one pound. But check with your doctor to make sure there isn't a medical reason. Hope this helps. Good luck, BJ
Old 03-19-2004, 07:29 PM   #7  
LAYNA

Talking

thanks everyone!

its been rough lately b/c i have been away from home - so I could not write back. Sorry

But I am looking forward to talking to all of you - I will be in and out all of the time so if I dont answer any of your notes dont think that i gave up!!
Once this month is over things will be fine....

Im hoping that if I write down what I ate today , you guys can tell me what i am doing wrong... This is basically what i eat everyday:

breakfast : coffee!! (2 cups - 1 equal and skim milk)
wheat bagel with low-fat cream cheese

lunch: raw broccoli
4 slices swiss cheese (no bread - just plain)
raw red peppers
diet coke

snack: wheat thins

dinner: grilled cheese
diet coke

so this is mainly my diet.....lol I dont like meat - so thats hard but i dunno, we'll see.

I also read an article that said that seratonin can help curve your appetite.... have any of you heard that? its in my moms womans world mag...(lol) the march issue.... it has ppl in there who have lost 45lbs or more -- obviously it took some time... but i am so desperate that i will try almost anything...

lemme know what you guys think....

thanks again for all the help
Old 03-20-2004, 08:45 PM   #8  

My guess is that your body has gone into starvation mode.
You need to eat more and maybe start a program with weights. Start of small.

When you consistently eat under 1200 calories your body will try to protect itself by storing fat because it thinks you are not going to have food for it.
try upping your intake a little and sticking with healthier foods. I eat no meat at all and love veggie burger or "chick patties" by morningstar farm. Give them a try.

Are you drinking your water or just the diet coke? Aim for at least 8 glasses of water a day.

Just to give you an idea of what my day looks like as a veggie

Bfast: Coffee, breakfast sandwich (2 egg whites, one slice fat free cheese, one vegetarian sausauge link, one english muffin)

SNACK: Yogurt with bran cereal

LUNCH: BLT (veggie bacon, lettuce, tomato and light mayo on light 7 grain bread)
WOW doritos (one serving size of 11 chips)
One Large Carrot

SNACK Apple

DINNER: "Chicken Ceasar Wrap" (morningstar chick patties cut into strips, garlic herb wrap, romaine lettuce, light caesar dressing)

I didn't get in as many calories today as i normally do but just so that you see that it doesn't have to be boring
Hope that helps!
Jenn
Old 03-20-2004, 09:35 PM   #9  

Smile

Hi my name is Suzy (24yrs old) and you sould alot like me. I have been stuck in a plateau for about 2 months and no matter what I do I cannot lose the weight. I have literally tried everything. I am married but my husband and I have different workout schedules but I would love to compair notes and challenge you, if you challenge me, to workouts.

I am also good at low fat, low calorie meals. Making them up anyway, quick ones and ones to use when having people over. My husband has type 2 diabetes and that kinda snapped me back into reality. I have 5'3 and am in the same boat as you on how much I should lose. I am a big frame, big boned and my doctor actually told me if I got down to the 150/160 range I would be just fine. I was down to where I was supposed to be maybe once in my life and I looked anorexic, people actually thought I was. That chart tells me I am supposed to be 125, there aint no way.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:43 PM   #10  

Default Same problem

I know what you are going through Layna. I go on WW and gain. I tried Aktins and gained. I keep track of everything that goes in my mouth and gain. I get fed up. I am a shift worker and work alot of night shifts. I try very hard to exercise. I find myself crying at commercials for goodness sake!!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE. By the looks of it there are a lot of us.

Just keep trying and keep walking. There are lots of buddies to turn to for support.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:30 PM   #11  
LAYNA

thanks jenn!

Yeah I have actually tried the morningstar stuff and i love alot of it.

I like what you did with the wrap - i never thought of that. (Thanks)

I never paid attention to the fact that i might not be getting enough calories - thanks for pointing that out!!
this might sound odd - but i dont have enough time in my day to stop and eat like a snack or something - I guess i have to make time though

If you dont mind I want to tell you what i did today:

breakfast (i know im bad) wheat bagel with lf cream cheese, coffee(no sug/skim milk)

lunch: salad with rasp ving. / 2cups water (16oz total)

dinner : pasta with garlic and oil (1 1/2 cups) and diet coke

As you can see I hate water!! But I try - I think I will go get that flavored water with no calories or anything.

ALSO THANK YOU CROSS!!

and Suzy - sounds great - lemme know what you usually do for a workout !!!
Old 03-23-2004, 07:35 PM   #12  

I HATE WATER! I consider drinking 2 liters of diet coke my water for the day!!!

I have started making a jug of Crystal Light (5 calories per serving) every morning and i haven't touched soda! The thought of it makes me cringe! It is sooo easy to drink my 8 cups plus some with Crystal Light!

Do you want some tips om your diet? I am going to assume it is OK for me to give you some since you posted it.

You need more protien to make you fuller and also to build lean muscle.

The morningstar (or other brand) meats will give you that. Do you eat eggs?
Eggs are really really really good for you! The only have 60 calories per egg and although they are higher in fat you will benefit from some fat in your diet.

Try an egg sandwich with veggie sausage and fat free or lite cheese.
I make mine with light bread (45 cal per slice for a total of 90), one egg or 2 egg whites (60 cal), veggie sausage (70 cal)

My total is 220 calories and I am loaded up on protein to start my day

Pasta is another empty calorie meal. Try loading it with veggies cooked in garlic you will be full on veggies quicker and will eat less pasta PLUS they are so much healthier for you!

AND you still arent eating many calories!
Try adding 2 snacks. Maybe yogurt with cereal in the morning and a fruit smoothie in the afternoon

Good luck!

I am sitting here soooo craving something sweet! I had a piece of chocolate cake last night that someone sent over, I had my one slice and threw the rest in the garbage. I was so proud of myself!

I will post my diet for the day so that you can pick it apart to get back at me if you want to

Breakfast: BLT (my favoriteeven though it isn't really a breakfast food.)
2 slices light bread, 3 slices veggie bacon, lettuce, tomato, light mayo

Snack: 1 serving fat free pretzels and an apple

Lunch: 1/4 cup rice with a cup stirfried veggies

Snack: Big carrot (my new favorite snack, never ever thought i would eat that as a substitute for chips!)

Dinner: Ranch twice baked potato (1/2 mashed potato w/ skim milk and ranch dip mix) mix has 40 calories for the whole packet so it added maybe 5 calories!!!
veggie burger with ketchup no bun or bread
1.5 ears corn on the cob with butter spray (no cal no fat!!!)

Jenn
Old 03-24-2004, 07:15 PM   #13  
LAYNA

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_mama
I HATE WATER! I consider drinking 2 liters of diet coke my water for the day!!!

I have started making a jug of Crystal Light (5 calories per serving) every morning and i haven't touched soda! The thought of it makes me cringe! It is sooo easy to drink my 8 cups plus some with Crystal Light!

Do you want some tips om your diet? I am going to assume it is OK for me to give you some since you posted it.

You need more protien to make you fuller and also to build lean muscle.

The morningstar (or other brand) meats will give you that. Do you eat eggs?
Eggs are really really really good for you! The only have 60 calories per egg and although they are higher in fat you will benefit from some fat in your diet.

Try an egg sandwich with veggie sausage and fat free or lite cheese.
I make mine with light bread (45 cal per slice for a total of 90), one egg or 2 egg whites (60 cal), veggie sausage (70 cal)

My total is 220 calories and I am loaded up on protein to start my day

Pasta is another empty calorie meal. Try loading it with veggies cooked in garlic you will be full on veggies quicker and will eat less pasta PLUS they are so much healthier for you!

AND you still arent eating many calories!
Try adding 2 snacks. Maybe yogurt with cereal in the morning and a fruit smoothie in the afternoon

Good luck!

I am sitting here soooo craving something sweet! I had a piece of chocolate cake last night that someone sent over, I had my one slice and threw the rest in the garbage. I was so proud of myself!

I will post my diet for the day so that you can pick it apart to get back at me if you want to

Breakfast: BLT (my favoriteeven though it isn't really a breakfast food.)
2 slices light bread, 3 slices veggie bacon, lettuce, tomato, light mayo

Snack: 1 serving fat free pretzels and an apple

Lunch: 1/4 cup rice with a cup stirfried veggies

Snack: Big carrot (my new favorite snack, never ever thought i would eat that as a substitute for chips!)

Dinner: Ranch twice baked potato (1/2 mashed potato w/ skim milk and ranch dip mix) mix has 40 calories for the whole packet so it added maybe 5 calories!!!
veggie burger with ketchup no bun or bread
1.5 ears corn on the cob with butter spray (no cal no fat!!!)

Jenn
HOW DO YOU DO IT!!?? YOU ARE GREAT!!
AND HOORAY FOR YOU - THAT WAS GREAT THAT YOU THREW THE REST OF THAT CAKE OUT - YOU TRULY DO HAVE THE WILL POWER!!

I DONT EVEN THINK I CAN PICK APART YOUR MEALS!! LOL... I HAVE NO RIGHT TO - LOOK AT WHAT I EAT -

SO I GET WHAT YOUR SAYING TO ADD AND TAKE AWAY FROM MY DIET - ( I DONT GET PAID TILL NEXT WEEK SO I WILL HAVE TO WAIT TO BUY MY VEGGIE STUFF AND EVERYTHING ) BUT FOR NOW I WILL WORK WITH WHAT I HAVE:

THIS WAS TODAYS MENU : ( I HOPE YOU DONT MIND ME RUNNING THIS BY YOU TILL I GET THE HANG OF IT!! )

BREAKFAST: EGG WITH CHEESE ON WHEAT BREAD WITH O.J

LUNCH: 1 SLICE PIZZA ( I KNOW I KNOW - BAD BAD BAD ) - NO DRINK

DINNER: ASPARAGUS -- PLAIN NO BUTTER - JUST COOKED...LOL ( WHAT CAN I SAY MY MOM MADE STEAK AND I DO NOT EAT MEAT..LOL)

8OZ DIET ORANGE SODA

I AM REALLY GOING TO TRY TO ADD MORE CALORIES A DAY - BUT WITH BETTER FOODS!! I MEAN I LOVE MY YOUGURT - AND VEGGIES SO TILL PAY-DAY I CAN USE THAT STUFF

THANK YOU SO MUCH JENN - I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:40 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by layna
HOW DO YOU DO IT!!?? YOU ARE GREAT!!
AND HOORAY FOR YOU - THAT WAS GREAT THAT YOU THREW THE REST OF THAT CAKE OUT - YOU TRULY DO HAVE THE WILL POWER!!

I DONT EVEN THINK I CAN PICK APART YOUR MEALS!! LOL... I HAVE NO RIGHT TO - LOOK AT WHAT I EAT -

SO I GET WHAT YOUR SAYING TO ADD AND TAKE AWAY FROM MY DIET - ( I DONT GET PAID TILL NEXT WEEK SO I WILL HAVE TO WAIT TO BUY MY VEGGIE STUFF AND EVERYTHING ) BUT FOR NOW I WILL WORK WITH WHAT I HAVE:

THIS WAS TODAYS MENU : ( I HOPE YOU DONT MIND ME RUNNING THIS BY YOU TILL I GET THE HANG OF IT!! )

BREAKFAST: EGG WITH CHEESE ON WHEAT BREAD WITH O.J

LUNCH: 1 SLICE PIZZA ( I KNOW I KNOW - BAD BAD BAD ) - NO DRINK

DINNER: ASPARAGUS -- PLAIN NO BUTTER - JUST COOKED...LOL ( WHAT CAN I SAY MY MOM MADE STEAK AND I DO NOT EAT MEAT..LOL)

8OZ DIET ORANGE SODA

I AM REALLY GOING TO TRY TO ADD MORE CALORIES A DAY - BUT WITH BETTER FOODS!! I MEAN I LOVE MY YOUGURT - AND VEGGIES SO TILL PAY-DAY I CAN USE THAT STUFF

THANK YOU SO MUCH JENN - I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
Your first two meals were great. Pizza has such a bad rep but is actually one of the best fast foods available. Where else do you get dairy, vegetable and grains (and sometimes meat) all in one bite? Just add more to your dinner and you will be set.
I was craving all day today. i ahven't even wanted junk food but was so stressed today that all i wanted to do was curl up on the couch with a box of girlscout cookies and a pit of icecream!
My willpower weakens quickly which is why the cake went into the garbage. If we eat out I pour salt on my food as soon as I am done so that i don't pick at it while it is in front of me. My husband laughs at me everytime!!!
I ate more today than I have in a while but am excited to say that I am down 10 pounds in less than 2 weeks!!!!
Here was my menu from today:

Bfast: one cup honeynut cheerios with skim milk

Lunch: "Chicken Caesar Wrap" (it was so good I had to have it again

Snack: apple

Dinner: Mexican!
taco salad made with baked tostitos, refried beans, lettuce, tomato and salsa and 70% light cheddar
one soft taco shell with roasted red, yellow and orange peppers and onions.

I was soooo full after dinner as it was a lot!

I still managed to eat one tablespoon of raspberry frozen yogurt and a hersheys kiss though

You sound like you are doing well. Is the scale moving for you?
Are you exercising?
Old 03-25-2004, 07:18 PM   #15  
LAYNA

lol... i need to hire you to make me weekly menus!! your meals always sound sooooo goood.....
i try and walk at lunch at work and at least 2 days a week at night after dinner --- i usually do a mile and a 1/2 after dinner on the 2 nights... its not much but a start -- i have be careful not to exert myself too much at first b/c i have severe asthma - so i am introducing my body slowly....

today:
b: yogurt/coffee
L: salad with dried cranberries, apples and walnuts w/ apple dressing ( yummie)

dinner : omlet with light cheese

i dont have a big appetite - so i dotn eat much at one sitting...

and sadly --- tha scale is not moving....

i dont get it b/c i exercise (some) and just cant eat much ) not b/c i dont want to though...

p.s: im really glad to have you thanks!!

your salt idea is good too...lol
Closed Thread