UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/168

Height: 5ft 7''

Default I've got 6 stone to lose...

Well as the title says I have 6 stone to lose but 3 stone of it I really need to shift as quick as I can because I feel I am killing myself, I just can't cope anymore carrying this weight around.
I'm getting to the stage of being knackered just going up the stairs, got no motivation to get off the settee, bending down is a thought out desician and I have a little girl that wants to play active games who is also starting to remark about my big tummy and bum!
I also find my bum is hitting into things I had no idea I was standing near

* I will get weighed every Friday morning - I was 18 stone this morning.
* I will aim to do some exercise daily
* I WILL continue even when I have the eventual hiccups that always happen
Pentangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Hi I just want to say that I have lost about 92lbs now (6 st 8lbs) I remember feeling exactly as you do now. I still have a stone to lose but now I'm a healthier weight, the long journey, hardships and everything else that goes along with weight loss seems to be completely worth it.

I found this site invaluable for tips and tricks, and support to help get me through. Every time I felt the need to binge, or fell off the wagon, every time I hit a milestone (no matter how small) everyone on here was there to pick me up or congratulate me.

I also found keeping a food and exercise journal helped me, personally I used myfitnesspal.com. It opened my eyes to what was in food, and portion size, and mindless snacking. Another tip that helped me was to write a list of my goals and reasons to lose weight. Health of course was paramount, but I had a few slightly shallower ones (such as: wanting to look good in a bikini, wanting to pinch my skinnier sisters clothes.)

As for exercise I had great fun trying out new types of exercise. I walked a lot (to work, round the block etc) my grannys dog gave me no excuse not to walk. I also tried my hand at bellydancing, which made me feel sexy even at my heaviest. As I got fitter I joined the gym, and tried out some of the fitness classes. I love circuit training and combat. Getting fit and kicking a**, what can be better than that lol.

But mostly I wanted to say that, the first few weeks will be hard. I wanted to eat my own arm off with hunger for the first 2wks but then my appetite shrunk. I got to the point where I was struggling to eat my calorie allowance, despite adding a daily treat! Once I saw the lbs come off it got easier and easier.

If you ever need help or advice or just fancy a chat, we're all here for you Welcome to 3fatchicks.

Last edited by IsobelRose22; 05-11-2012 at 03:04 PM.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Hi Pentangle!! Sorry... a bit excited about your name and your avi....

But first, welcome!! And well done for making the decision to change. I would love to say that's the hardest part... but you know it isn't so I won't lie.

I've only just started, and from experience this is such a blessed place. No-body judges, and will offer advice where needed.

You're doing everything right, but try not to burn yourself out. I made that mistake and ended up with a swollen knee for 3 days (wasn't fun). Have you decided on a plan or are you just gonna go down the healthier route for now?

I also love the fact that you said " I WILL continue even when I have the eventual hiccups that always happen" That's were this place comes in handy. A pep-talk here and there is nothing to be sniffed at

Anyway, welcome and get involved!!
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your weight loss mission!

You are certainly in the right place. I am a newbie myself, and although I read more often than I post, it seems like there are lots of good eggs around these parts who can offer moral support etc.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/160/150

Height: 6ft

Welcome,stay motivated,remember why you want to lose,keep a diary,keep active and learn what real hunger is. Good luck.
Brummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #6  

Thanks for the support!

Isobel, you've done amazing,well done! I hope I can be as successful.

Lozz, you hit the nail on the head with me... I DO burn myself out. I am great at losing weight, I'm just not good at sticking with it so it all goes back on again in a blink of an eye.

Thnaks 1987 and Brummy too

I've lost alot of weight before, gained it back through pregnancy and beyond, but I can't use pregnancy as an excuse forever... well maybe till she's aged 5 tops lol!

Well, starting properly tommorow so will wake up KNOWING this is the start of getting ME back again. My lower back has been in agony lately and my ankles and feet are swollen badly and its all purely down to this weight. If i can get to 15 stone by the ned of the Summer I'll feel as if nothing else, I know I can manage at that weight and still be quite fit and able, so rom 15 stone downwards that can go slower, but 3 stone needs to go asap really.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #7  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Hi
Just wanted to chip in and say you CAN do it
I started my journey at 21stone - I now weigh 11 stone, a loss of 10 stone in 14 months
I won't say it was easy, but what I will say is it changed my life. All of the things you say about feeling like the weight is killing you, was exactly the feelings I had. I felt I would die. I hated my fat tummy, ankles, thighs and arms. I too had lost significant amounts of weight before, only to put it all back on and more.
This time, I chose to find a way of eating that I could sustain for life. I cut out all refined carbs, found colourful, tasty foods that I like to eat, incorporated wine into my allowances, and drank plenty of water.
It was sometimes very hard, but that was all mental. I come here to deal with the demons that wanted to derail me, and have had some amazing advice.
I am a year into maintenance, and for the first time believe I can truly do this for the rest of my life.
I wish you strength of character, will power and send you a to start you on the path that will probably see you at goal sooner than you think.
Keep posting, 3FC has been an invaluable tool for me.
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/169/133

Height: 5feet 2inches

Hi Pentangle we are all here for you.

Try Chair exercises they are easy to do and they work. I do them as I have mobility problems have a look at my Fat-2-Go blog the blogspot one I added some links to the exercises I do there. Not sure if I am allowed to add the links here.

I use the plate as my portion control as I don't like counting calories, it works for me.

You can do it.

Bright Blessings Paula
paula953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #9  

Starbrite-Thats amazing! you are truly an inspiration to us all
Old 05-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #10  

I know this is going to sound impossible. But try to enjoy it. After a few weeks I started to find exercise that I enjoyed and looked forward to doing. I also started becoming more experimental with food, things I'd previously decided I hated I suddenly found I loved (seafood, scrambled eggs, various fruit and vegetables). I found that I had more choice than ever before, I had great fun lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #11  

Hi everyone Thanks for your posts, it's nice to read that people care.
I can't always get on much during the day as I have a little girl who demands I have no life of my own haha, so sometimes my replies might be cut short.

I've always been a calorie counter, I've found it's the only way for me. I can't do points and different coloured days etc.
I used to do protein shakes and work out with weights in the past, Up untill mid 2008 I was working out pretty much everyday, I'm a wreck now compared to how I was. I'm scared I might not wake up on a morning having cut off my breathing with the fat on my neck! That's how bad it's got.

Well, so far today have had 458 calories, and I bought a new fancy notebook to keep it written down in I'm going to try and aim to stay around 1200 calories till this first 3 stone is gone then I can up my cals slowly and add in heavier exercise, cos I would like to be able to end at around 1800-2000 cals with a few exercise sessions a week just for keeping fit. My days of being bothered about toning and muscle are behind me now, I just want to live ha!

And today instead of waiting till after dinner to think about going out we got up and went down town and have done quite a bit of walking.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #12  

My end calories for today stands at 1,211 so I am very happy with that.

Have had a few hunger pangs this evening but got through it and now it's time for bed!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #13  

Today has been fine, calories soon will be at 883calories. Not sure what I can have to make up the rest late ron but no doubt I'll find something!
I had a sneaky weigh in and have lost 4lb over night! I <3 first week weigh in', shame they can't all be as good haha
Old 05-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #14  

Oh, exercise so far has been a mad cleaning spree this morning when my little girl was at the park, then had a walk to the shops and back.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #15  

Todays calories total in at 1,183. Happy with this
2 days done , billion to go!