UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #1  

Unhappy 3 stone in 3months? Can it be done?

Hi Girls and Boys
Im trying to regain control of my eating after putting on 2stone in the past year.. I used to be so good at watching my calorie intake but all I want to do now is EAT even when Im full up... Has anyone else been here?
Can someone please recommend me some diet plans to follow to really kick start my weight loss.. I feel so low at the moment and would love to be able to loose 3stone in time for my september holiday but is this an unrealistic target??
LC87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #2  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi LC and welcome!

I love to eat, hungry or not, so I do really understand where you're coming from.

You're not going to like what I say next, but I think trying to lose 3 stone in 3 months is a bad idea. Why? Because you're setting yourself up for a fall. And failure is something that often triggers eating. So rather than the time limit, set yourself a goal and get there when you can, it's much more likely to be forever that way

As for diet plans, I'm useless! I just eat what I perceive to to be a good diet until I fall off the rails and have to climb back on again (happening more at the moment but I'm still determined to get to my goal one day!)

My philosophy is, if I can't do it for the rest of my life, what's the point?

I'm not disciplined enough to count calories/points/syns forever, or to cut out food groups or whatever.

So, I've become more aware, I read packets a lot. I've cur out my calories from drinks, I only have water or black coffee, unless I go out and have alcohol.

I try not to eat processed food (but do have ready meals sometimes) Try not to eat crisps or pastry. moderate choccie and sweets and pizza. But they're choices we all know to make!

Good luck, keep posting here, and I'm sure otehrs will have much better plan advice!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #3  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

Losing 3 stone in 3 months is very possible, but not advisable in my opinion. I once did the Ideal Protein diet and lost well over 1 stone per month, but I also gained all of it and more back once I stopped. The reason for this is that the diet was much too restrictive, and I went crazy eating all the things I wasn't able to eat while dieting. Moreover, the IP diet did not teach me a sustainable way to stay thin because limiting my carbohydrates for the rest of my life is just not an option.

I'm doing Weight Watchers this time and I'm loving every minute of it because I can eat anything I want, so long as I budget it in. Every day is exciting for me because I get to try recipes I've had my eye on, or indulge in a treat if I want to. This program is also much better suited to my needs because I have something to go on for the rest of my life without feeling like I'm in Food Prison. I think my mindset towards food has changed because I don't feel deprived, and I don't necessarily need to indulge in foods as soon as I see them. I know that I can do it any other day of the week if I plan it out carefully.

If I were you, I'd choose my method of losing weigh very carefully. Make sure that you have a plan for once you're done losing weight and that you will be able to use the tools you've learned during weight loss forever...as a lifestyle change and not as a method of yo-yo dieting. The downside of these weight loss methods is that they are less extravagant and you will probably therefore not meet your weight loss goal on time. But that's okay, right? If you're serious about becoming healthier, this is just the start of the rest of your life and you'll have many more Septembers to look the way you want to look.
Emmcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #4  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I think you can make it to a little under 2st.... but don't hurt yourself, just go at the pace that you can. And trust me, any progress is better than "temporary" progress. If you lose a stone, thats an accomplishment on it's own!!

When I first started I lost 4st8lb in 5 months. thats a perfect 10lb per month. but then i stalled so bad I couldn't even budge on that scale. And I sort of wish I would've gone slower, so maybe it would've been consistant, but what do I know, I'm not an expert lol

Just take your time, your body will go at the pace it prefers to go
And welcome to the forum by the way!!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/168

Height: 5ft 7''

It all depends on how much you need to lose in total really. 3 stone in 3 months would take a lot of hard work, probably impossible to keep up and chances are you would regain most of it just by then slacking off a bit.
2 stone in 3 month is more doable and then say anything over is a bonus.
Pentangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm with everyone else here. Steady and sustainable is much better - and as TC says, you could be setting yourself up for a fall. Any week where things go wrong (and they will, believe me) will make you feel like an utter failure if it puts you behind some super-strict target and is likely to make you give up rather than dust yourself down and carry on.

I'd lost just over 2st by my hol last year and although nowhere near target, I felt fantastic! New clothes and lots of comments on my weight loss made me feel great and thoroughly enjoy that holiday. Wait till they see me this year!
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote