UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #16  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Smile

I am so glad I'm not the only one. I just tried to workout and mother in law walked in... URGH!! The dog's looking forward to an extra long walk tonight to make up for it lol

Feel a bit bad for not finishing it, but pride is a fickle mistress.

JennyBee, if your boyfriend does laugh at you when you work out, you are allowed to kick him where it hurts lol My man, bless him, opened up to me last night. Just wants me to be happy and healthy.

On another note.... anyone sneezing loads today? I think hayfever season is kicking in lol
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #17  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh, I don't have that problem I have a dedicated gym area upstairs, when I get home from work hubby is down at his workshop and I have the whole place to myself so can do whatever I want know what you mean though I wouldn't like anyone watching me. I'm finding now though that i'm actually looking forward to going on my treadmill don't know what happened there but i'll take that over the 'dread' I used to feel a few weeks ago
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #18  
Calorie Counter

oh man!! If i could have my own gym room i'd be in heaven!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:49 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 252/126/126

Height: 5-4

What's to be embarrassed about? If anyone comments to me I just remember the old saying "Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one". Then continue what I'm doing.
KlassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #20  
Calorie Counter

That's brilliant advice Klassy.

Thats going to be one of my new mottos. lol

I've come along way in a week re: my workout in front of him. I don't even think about it anymore. The next stage is to get comfortable doing it in front of mum in law (who we live with at the moment).

I just want to say here as well, that over the weekend I had a bit of a... well... not a wobble but I felt like i couldn't do it. But with my man and all of you here on the page, i battled thro and i'm looking forward to getting this cracked!

Old 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

I don't mind exercising in front of my partner, but think I would be embarrassed with others watching me!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

With people I know I'm fine its about accepting myself after so long of being in denial and almost thinking I can't run in front of someone because THEN people will know I'm fat.
I don't run in the street in case im shouted at, already am for being on a bike sometimes but I don't care about that.

No issue with working out in the gym, was intimated for a few weeks but in reality there was nothing for me to feel ashamed of!
You can work through what makes you uncomfortable or just avoid situations that make you uncomfortable and work around it
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #23  
Calorie Counter

MY MUM IS AWESOME!!
Even though she lives in Germany she's offered to wire over some money to buy myself the Wii on monday. The man thing is happy now. It means more money for him to go sea fishing with, and hopefully bring me back something healthy and yummy.

WOO!! I only have to do the boring work out for 2/3 more days!!

BTW, if you get the chance try Alpro's Alpro Soya Low Fat Dairy Free Chocolate Dessert DO IT!! It's delicious and only about 110 cals. An awesome treat after a tough week I can tell ya!!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #24  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

i get WAY embarrassed. i make my husband leave the room for about an hour if its workout time. i will do the treadmill and i will do my walk/jogs in front of jon. but he has another thing coming if her thinks hes gonna see me doing zumba, or watch me sweating to the oldies!!!!
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 182/158/105

Height: 4ft 11"

I live with my boyfriend and he'd never choose to watch me work out. He normally sees it as a chance to catch up with his PS3 :-p

We live in a really small flat so I tend to work out away from the flat.
lisa4621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/168

Height: 5ft 7''

I'd rather not these days untill I get fit again but I used to get my husband doing them with me and it became a bit competitive between us. He went from a ps3 couch potato to going out jogging which I just couldn't do, I am so not a runner!
Pentangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Ha ha, YES! When I was about 16, my sister got me to go to a gym class her friend ran (she is a real gym person and really slim!). This was part of her many many attempts over the years to help me lose weight. It was nice of her! But the instructor had to give me seperate steps to everyone else, I could not keep up! I was so embarrassed in front of my sister!! And everyone was saying how surprised that my sister who is so fit and slim had a little brother like me. That might be part of why I quit the whole thing, haha
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

I used to hate anyone seeing me exercise. And I still won't go jogging or anything like that, because I don't want to inflict the vision of my jiggling sweaty flab on defenceless passersby. But I'm fine with exercising in front of the boyfriend. Mainly because I told him right from the start that I was going to need his help and support and encouragement, and this in part translates to him playing racing games while I'm on the exercise bike. So he has to see, because we're in the same room.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote