UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 08:18 AM   #1  

Question anyone else loses inches instead of weight?

i'm in my third week of dieting/exercising. I don't seem to be losing much weight (only 2lbs so far), but have lost an inch from my hips!! Would rather see scales moving aswell as inches going. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 01-23-2003, 09:28 PM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

GBS, I have in the past had weeks when I lose inches, I can feel it in my clothes, but the scales haven't moved downwards at all. Sort of happens in fits and starts alternating with the two although following WW points, I do find it is more often weight loss now as well as the inches going down which I like
Old 01-24-2003, 04:25 AM   #3  

I suppose I must do as my clothes are looser but I put a tape measure around my "bits" and there was no change....
Old 02-03-2003, 06:17 AM   #4  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

I think I must be the bestest at this phenomenon! In 1997 I weighed 14 st 4lbs and was a dress size 22/24. Now I weigh 14 st 4 lbs and am a dress size 16/18.

I know that this is because I do not control my urges for overly large food portions and I eat things I like the taste of!! However I do exercise every week. I am an aerobics instructor and I teach about 8 hours a week. This is how I lose size but not weight.

The down side is I am still heavy, the upside is I am much healthier than I was and I look and feel much better. Now for that last bit of control needed to get rid of the weight and a bit more size.

Stef
Old 02-04-2003, 06:46 AM   #5  

AGGGHHHH, this is driving me mad. For a month I have been really good - eating properly an healthily, and exercising regularly, BUT I AM NOT LOSING......

After week three of no loss, i got extra strict and followed the slimming world plan. I really thought i had lost alot as my clothes were a bit looser, but NOT ONE POUND. This is really disheartening - what do I have to do to lose? I have lost about an inch all round, but I am sure that is just firming up from the exercise as the scales aren't showing weight loss.

I have lost before on a similar plan to what I am doing now, but why isn't it working this time? Even debating whether to start slimming pills, but I know that is not the answer as I want to do this properly.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:39 AM   #6  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Just stick with it. You are still doing good stuff to your body. Sometimes the weight loss doesn't happen for a load of reasons. There are a number of physiologcal responses to exercise and diet that your body needs to work through. Sometimes this adjustment means that weight will not be lost even though the body continues to reduce in size.

Your not odd, or doing anything wrong, your body is just working on other things than pound loss at the moment.

Please don't let anyone drag you down with the " you must be cheating or you would have lost weight" accusations either. My personal experience backs up the stuff I learnt at Uni - as each person is an individual so is each body, and it will respond as it wants to, not as a slimming group Diva insists it should!!

So stick with it. If you want the names of the physiolgical responses just ask - I'll dig out my books and let you know.

Stef (the one with the Masters Degree in Health & Exercise Sciences )
Closed Thread